The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

11 hours ago, HemiBeers said:

is there a bet on whether he's gonna drop the F bomb?

I think it was "the third word of the first coherent utterance" with an over/under frequency of 2.5 for the whole utterance. 

11 hours ago, goose said:

Which is why you eat the flag, right?

You put your fate in the hands of the refs, you takes your chances -- maybe just don't grab the guy at all?  I get it was not egregious, but surely we don't want refs asking themselves "is this a big enough moment not to call the penalty?"

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HemiBeers said:

gotta think that the NFL will outlaw that push in the back rugby scrum play. Just because it's real football. 

Look man, I don't like the Eagles. Eagles' fans are the biggest assholes in the NFL...at least Oakland fans do cool cosplay. I gotta say though I dig that shit and the way they go for it on fourth down.

18 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

You put your fate in the hands of the refs, you takes your chances -- maybe just don't grab the guy at all?  I get it was not egregious, but surely we don't want refs asking themselves "is this a big enough moment not to call the penalty?"

Yeah, what NFL game or SB doesn't have calls that are total Tai Shan? Score enough to get around bad calls. Give the coaches three more challenge flags? Bad calls a problem as old as time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnRogers said:

Look man, I don't like the Eagles. Eagles' fans are the biggest assholes in the NFL...

Rioting BEFORE the game?  That's a whole new level , even for the City of Brotherly Thugs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnRogers said:

Yeah, what NFL game or SB doesn't have calls that are total Tai Shan? Score enough to get around bad calls. Give the coaches three more challenge flags? Bad calls a problem as old as time.

Philly was on the good side of calls the whole first half.  Thems the breaks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

These are probably tough days for him! :clap:

Well, he was wondering how KC would be able to keep up score-wise, and I guess now we all know.

On 2/12/2023 at 6:33 PM, laughedatbytime said:

The 7 Habits of a Mediocre Punt Returner

Running laterally when your pursuers are faster than you.

This is a rather strange brag, but I'm a friend of Sears Woods, whom you've probably never heard of but who is a local legend here in North Tx.  Sears ran back a kick some 98 yards for a touchdown at the then vaunted Ten Vols very late to win the game for N TX ST U. I think it was 75. I worked with Sears selling pre-loved cars in Terrell TX for a few years. Sears always said that you have to stay between the hash marks and run north and south as much as you can. Getting outside lets guys get an angle on you. Sears was in his 50's and had bad knees but every so often he would race some S talking youngster in a short sprint and I never saw him lose. If we were having a slow month, I would wind up some youngster to race him and take bets.  Good times. 

Edited by Weakly Criminal
  • Like 2

A great article on KC's rookie RB Isiah Pacheco.  I had no idea of the family tragedy he had to overcome on his road to football success.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2023/02/isiah-pacheco-makes-super-bowl-history-for-rutgers-with-amazing-performance-politi.html%3foutputType=amp

• Like 2

On 2/13/2023 at 1:12 PM, Nova Carmina said:

These are probably tough days for him! :clap:

The Chiefs are the Chiefs the way that Al Bundy couldn't overcome the fact that he sold women's shoes. 

I do need to update my avatar though. 

As far as keeping up goes, give it up to Harrison Butker. He should have received the MVP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 78jazz said:

The Chiefs are the Chiefs the way that Al Bundy couldn't overcome the fact that he sold women's shoes. 

I do need to update my avatar though. 

As far as keeping up goes, give it up to Harrison Butker. He should have received the MVP.

Over James Winchester?   I don't knooooow....

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Weakly Criminal said:

Sure, but the Eagles were supposed to win this year. Cowboys not so much. 

Not actually true.   The Cowboys had shorter odds to win the Super Bowl and a higher over/under line.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/preseason_odds.htm

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Which is what makes it that much sweeter when the Iggles lose! The enemy of my enemy . . .

I get that, but you do open yourself up to pushback when you reference an attribute that you've spent the last 27 years building as a brand.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

I get that, but you do open yourself up to pushback when you reference an attribute that you've spent the last 27 years building as a brand.

It's all an elaborate misdirection; it's the long game, you see. Won't everyone be surprised when we spring the trap and win, like, six in a row!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

It's all an elaborate misdirection; it's the long game, you see. Won't everyone be surprised when we spring the trap and win, like, six in a row!

:biggrin:

On the other hand, you just made me conjure up what Jerry Jones might look like in six years...:puke:

• The topic was unpinned