9 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Al Di Meola - Elegant Gypsy
    • Alabama Shakes - Sound And Color
  2. 2. my favorite song from each

• Al Di Meola - Mediterranean Sundance
    • Alabama Shakes - Sound And Color

Who? And who?

Legendary heavy fusion guitarist from the 70s who also played with Chick Corea in Return To Forever.

Under appreciated alternative blues band from the 00s/10s with a psychy / garagey edge and an absolutely killer female lead vocalist. They had a couple of sizable hits.

• Like 2

Who? And who?

Under appreciated alternative blues band from the 00s/10s with a psychy / garagey edge and an absolutely killer female lead vocalist. They had a couple of sizable hits.

:goodone:

One of the few recent bands I like. Brittany Howard has gone solo for a while so it's been 7 years since their last album.

• Like 1

Who? And who?

:goodone:

One of the few recent bands I like. Brittany Howard has gone solo for a while so it's been 7 years since their last album.

I still haven't checked out her solo record. Whether it's great or not I'm still mildly annoyed that a band with so much potential seems to have called it quits after two albums. But oh well, at least Brittany will keep making music (hopefully).

Who? And who?

Al Di Meola, he seemed to be a mainstay of articles when I used to buy Guitar World, but I`ve never heard him play :huh:

I heard him first on Return to Forever Romantic Warrior album, one of the seminal albums of fusion jazz. Elegant Gypsy is a good one, he also did a concert with John McLaughlin and Paco de Luca that is fantastic.

Here's a cool one I like a lot

• Like 3

Who?

Legendary heavy fusion guitarist from the 70s who also played with Chick Corea in Return To Forever.

And during his solo career such notables as Steven Gadd, Jan Hammer, Airto Moreria, Steve Vai, and the incomparable Anthony Jackson.

• Like 1

Who? And who?

Al Di Meola, he seemed to be a mainstay of articles when I used to buy Guitar World, but I`ve never heard him play :huh:

Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adTwBnwi2Xk

Very RTF sounding, thanks for sharing.

Well it was written by Chick Corea you see, so that's probably why.

That explains the sheet music

• Like 1

Who? And who?

Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adTwBnwi2Xk

Very RTF sounding, thanks for sharing.

Well it was written by Chick Corea you see, so that's probably why.

That explains the sheet music

Yeah Al usually has at least one Chick track on his albums.

As for the sheet music they must have been still in the process of learning the songs because they use sheet music all the way through the gig.

• Like 1