Who has/had the best worst album (min 5 of new music)?

laughedatbytime

The Police thread gave me the idea for this thread...given a minimum of 5 albums of new material, who had the best worst album? If we get enough responses, I'll make a poll with all of the (serious) entries.

It might be fun if you gave your choice for your nominee's worst album.

So they have to have at least 5 albums, and the worst of them has to still be excellent.

Some people will agree with me when I say what I always say: Queen - Hot Space

• Like 2

Also, The Beatles. Did they ever make a bad album? I haven't heard all those early ones, but seriously, it's The Beatles, how bad could it reasonably be?
  • Like 3

Also, The Beatles. Did they ever make a bad album? I haven't heard all those early ones, but seriously, it's The Beatles, how bad could it reasonably be?

Album? Try “song.” :)

Wild Honey Pie? Revolution 9?

• Like 1

So they have to have at least 5 albums, and the worst of them has to still be excellent.

Saw that one coming.

:P

• Like 1

Saw that one coming.

:P

I didn’t earn the Queenmaster title for nothing! Lol

WHP is goofy but weird in an enjoyable enough way for it’s very short runtime. Rev 9 can at least lay claim to being John’s boldest most groundbreaking composition, plus it’s not technically a song so you could also argue it doesn’t even count. Personally my least favorite song on The White Album is probably Long Long Long. Just not a lot of meat on its bones.

• Like 1

I'd say With The Beatles is their weakest album, but it's far from terrible

Wild Honey Pie isn't really a song, despite the fact that it's a separate album track. Nor is Revolution 9. I'm focused more on something they wrote and recorded as a song (loosely, singing and playing (an) instrument(s) that just falls flat.

• Like 1