The Police: Albums Elimination (Round 1)

_hi_water._

25 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• Outlandos d'Amour (1978)
    • Reggatta de Blanc (1979)
    • Zenyatta Mondatta (1980)
    • Ghost In The Machine (1981)
    • Synchronicity (1983)
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• Outlandos d'Amour (1978)
    • Reggatta de Blanc (1979)
    • Zenyatta Mondatta (1980)
    • Ghost In The Machine (1981)
    • Synchronicity (1983)

That debut sure is a special little record, isn't it??

IMNSHO, No.

I never understood why some people got so excited over that album. The energy they packed into performing those songs was completely missing.

I wonder if Roxanne and Can't Stand Losin' You weren't on the album if it would have the notability it does.

1643682722[/url'>' post='4987439']
1643642179' post='4987201']

GitM has a flawless side 1, but side 2 is a significant drop off (except the excellent Secret Journey).

I will agree with this, but add that Omegaman is an excellent song (and could have really changed the course of that band's history had it been the lead-off single from the album like A&M wanted).

They’re all great. Outside of Mother, the Police don’t have any “bad” songs. It’s all relative.

GitM has a flawless side 1, but side 2 is a significant drop off (except the excellent Secret Journey).

I will agree with this, but add that Omegaman is an excellent song (and could have really changed the course of that band's history had it been the lead-off single from the album like A&M wanted).

They’re all great. Outside of Mother, the Police don’t have any “bad” songs. It’s all relative.

I like Mother!

• Like 2

I like Mother!

Me too
  • Like 2

I think rehumanize yourself is the best track on side 2. Great lyrics.

One world not three is also great. Omegaman,darkness and secret journey all killer.

Too much information is ok but imo the weakest.

I like Mother!

That's too bad. Lol the police were very consistent but their last record was a bit of a sell out imo.

Mother is weak.

Miss gradenko is weak.

Walking in yourfoot steps is lame.

King of pain has not aged well.

Synchronicity part 2 is the best song on that record imo.

This poll inspired me to fire up the message in a boxed set for the car this week, to freshen up my Police muscle memory. The first three albums kinda blur together in my mind.

I like Mother!

Yeah , It’s in an odd time sig .. so guess that makes it Prog

so all good in my book LOL ! :-)

• Like 1

I like Mother!

That's too bad. Lol the police were very consistent but their last record was a bit of a sell out imo.

Mother is weak.

Miss gradenko is weak.

I love "King of Pain". Fantastic tune.

• Like 4

I like Mother!

Mother is weak.

Miss gradenko is weak.

I heartily disagree with all of this!

Also, since I’m rather young to be listening to The Police and I think King Of Pain is perhaps the best song on the album, is that maybe proof that it *has* aged well?

• Like 2

I like Mother!

Mother is weak.

Miss gradenko is weak.

Also, since I’m rather young to be listening to The Police and I think King Of Pain is perhaps the best song on the album, is that maybe proof that it *has* aged well?

Even the synchronicity part 2 statement?

The heartily disagree was duly noted and appreciated! Rock on my friend.

I like Mother!

Mother is weak.

Miss gradenko is weak.

I love "King of Pain". Fantastic tune.

I like it more today than I did on it's release.
  • Like 1

I like Mother!

Mother is weak.

Miss gradenko is weak.

Even the synchronicity part 2 statement?

The heartily disagree was duly noted and appreciated! Rock on my friend.

Oops, I didn’t mean to disagree with that part. Synch II is also maybe the best song on the album, very close if not!

• Like 1

For bonus points.

What Police song should be hated by the true rush fanbois?

Digital Man?

No but that's a good guess.

Behind my camel beat yyz for best rock instrumental Grammy back in the day.

We were robbed!

Oh yeah... Behind My Camel happens to be a Grade-C average rock instrumental to boot. Just boring in that way only really skilled musicians can be when they think they're being cool.

For bonus points.

Digital Man?

We were robbed!

Oh yeah... Behind My Camel happens to be a Grade-C average rock instrumental to boot. Just boring in that way only really skilled musicians can be when they think they're being cool.

I dig it, but I live just about all things Andy. Sting not so much, as he famously refused to play bass on Camel. Thus the song title: It's pure desert shite!
  • Like 1

For bonus points.

Digital Man?

We were robbed!

I dig it, but I live just about all things Andy. Sting not so much, as he famously refused to play bass on Camel. Thus the song title: It's pure desert shite!

I mean it would be cool music for a moody movie scene. But against YYZ it's not even close.

For bonus points.

Digital Man?

We were robbed!

I mean it would be cool music for a moody movie scene. But against YYZ it's not even close.

Yeah, that part is pretty ridiculous.
  • Like 1