RIP Louie Anderson, 1953-2022

pjbear05

Comedian Louie Anderson passed away last night, losing his battle with lymphoma at age 68.

The first concert Karen and I saw in Florida was Louie, opening for Roseanne Barr at the old Sunrise Musical Theater. Hilarious!

Damn, this one stings. RIP, Louie!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/louie-anderson-dead/

• Like 3

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. I know, who he is, and have seen some of his comedy work. He will be missed, and remembered. My condolences, and sympathies to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Louie.
  • Like 1

The first concert Karen and I saw in Florida was Louie, opening for Roseanne Barr at the old Sunrise Musical Theater. Hilarious!

He should have been the headliner. :haz:

He should have been the headliner. :haz:

Hard to say. It was late 80's, and Roseanne was into her stand up schtick as a "domestic goddess", way before she degenerated on the idiot box. Lots of snarky lines on the joys of being overweight, concluding with, "If you're fat, you're where it's at, and if you're thin, f**k you." Louie was not as well known, but he held up his end.
  • Like 2

He was hilarious. I saw him on a double-bill with Dennis Miller, in 91 or 92? He did this thing in one bit where he mimed putting something (a thumb, actually) in his pocket and then later in a call back he reached into his pocket mimed pulling it out again, and the foresight and thoroughness of that move has always stuck with me.

RIP

• Like 1