The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

Bryant to the Rockies. Why? Why?

I'm guessing there are tens of millions of reasons -- and maybe he wants to pad his HR numbers?

18.27 to be more exact.

I've always wondered what the difference is between making 140 v 182.7 is, in terms of affecting your life (obviously the difference is 42.7.). At some point the marginal value is pretty low, I would think.

• Like 1

Called it a week ago. Freddie’s a Dodger.

Boooooooooo! I always liked that guy.

Yay, I have always liked the Dodgers (I grew up in Spokane when that town was their AAA affiliate so come by it honestly......no frontrunner bullshit).

Called it a week ago. Freddie’s a Dodger.

Boooooooooo! I always liked that guy.

Yay, I have always liked the Dodgers (I grew up in Spokane when that town was their AAA affiliate so come by it honestly......no frontrunner bullshit).

I live very close to their single A which are the Quakes in Rancho Cucamonga. I've been to about a handful of games there. They started out in the Padres system and then the Angels. They switched with Dodgers over a decade ago when they were the Inland Empire 66ers in San Berdu.

I've also been to a few Salt Lake Bees games in my team's system since my half sister and brother in law live nearby.

The "Shohei Ohtani rule."

Under the new rule, if a team has its starting pitcher in its lineup as the DH and pulls him during the game, the player can remain in the batting order even after he leaves the mound. So if Ohtani were to pitch six innings, he could still hit for the final three innings plus extras.

Edited by Principled Man

Under the new rule, if a team has its starting pitcher in its lineup as the DH and pulls him during the game, the player can remain in the batting order even after he leaves the mound. So if Ohtani were to pitch six innings, he could still hit for the final three innings plus extras.

Quite a compliment when the League needs a rule exclusively for you.

In return, the one with the most experience pitching before the majors fills in. God forbid they have more decent pitching. Am I right? Asking for a cheapskate owner who needs to sell to someone who gives a damn. :eyeroll:

Pujols signs with Cards.

He, Molina, and Carpenter should get 1800 AB this year.

Cardinals continue doing it the right way; score 29 runs today.

:chickendance:

Only the Cardinals could score 29 the right way. If it was done to them, the right way would be spikes up, and the ribs are fair game.

Pujols signs with Cards.

Only the Cardinals could score 29 the right way. If it was done to them, the right way would be spikes up, and the ribs are fair game.

I couldn't make sense of that, so I tried it in Google Translate and got "I wishes the Cubs were as good as the Red Birds." Or something like that.

Pujols signs with Cards.

I couldn't make sense of that, so I tried it in Google Translate and got "I wishes the Cubs were as good as the Red Birds." Or something like that.

Next, on a very special episode of South Park: Team St. Louis: Baseball Police.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Corbin Burnes walks the first batter of the season. So much for breaking his record from last year….:lol:

Corbin Burnes and Omar Narváez achieved a major-league first during the Milwaukee Brewers season opener Thursday afternoon.

The Brewers starting battery became the first combo to ever use electronic pitch-calling technology in a major-league game by utilizing it for the duration of Burnes’ five-inning start in a 5-4 loss to the Cubs.

The technology, referred to within the industry as PitchCom, is an attempt at not only countering sign-stealing but also speeding up the game by reducing or eliminating the need for catchers putting down manual signs. The catcher wears a pad with buttons on the wrist to signal both pitch type and location to the pitcher, who hears it directly through a listening device.

With the Brewers and Cubs kicking off the schedule as the first game on opening day and Cubs starter Kyle Hendricks opting for manual signs from catcher Willson Contreras, Burnes and Narváez became the first to utilize the new technology in a regular-season setting.

[Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel]

Edited by Principled Man

Damned TV people.....they're talking to Joey Votto at 1st base during the game. He's mic'ed up and chatting with the announcers during the at-bat.....

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 1

• The title was changed to The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned