The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

On 5/18/2022 at 10:38 PM, laughedatbytime said:

In 7 games at Wrigley, the Cubs have outscored the Pirates 47-15.  The Pirates have won 4 of the 7 games.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

They should really settle these series by aggregate score, like Euro footy matches. 

Brewers gun down a National trying for an inside-the-park homer.  

Next inning:  Nationals return the favor with an easy peasy triple play.    :ohmy:

2019:  The White Sox’s Tim Anderson says that he’s the “new Jackie Robinson”.

Ever since then, the Yankees’ Josh Donaldson has been teasing Anderson, calling him “Jackie” on the field.  

Today, Donaldson kept it up, and players had to be restrained after Chicago catcher Yasmani Grandal had words with Donaldson at the plate.  

The “Boys” of Summer….  :sarcasm:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Principled Man said:

2019:  The White Sox’s Tim Anderson says that he’s the “new Jackie Robinson”.

Ever since then, the Yankees’ Josh Donaldson has been teasing Anderson, calling him “Jackie” on the field.  

:clap:

21 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Love how Joe Kelly has triggered Yankee fans today especially with that double header sweep.

You can't trigger us. We are better than you! 

Pussy Rob Manfred suspends Donaldson for a game.

1 hour ago, edhunter said:

You can't trigger us. We are better than you! 

Pussy Rob Manfred suspends Donaldson for a game.

Agree.  If he had any balls, it would have been 10.   Probably didn't want to be denied access to any of the many GTL  locations meathead Yankee fans love to frequent.

21 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Agree.  If he had any balls, it would have been 10.   Probably didn't want to be denied access to any of the many GTL  locations meathead Yankee fans love to frequent.

It should have been a non-story, but in this day and age...

2 hours ago, edhunter said:

It should have been a non-story, but in this day and age...

But Donaldson was disrespectful during a baseball game!!!  The seedy details...

Regardless of Mr. Donaldson's intent, the comment he directed toward Mr. Anderson was disrespectful and in poor judgment, particularly when viewed in the context of their prior interactions. In addition, Mr. Donaldson’s remark was a contributing factor in a bench-clearing incident between the teams, and warrants discipline.”

The White Sox and Yankees jostled in the fifth inning on Saturday after Chicago players took offense to Donaldson's comment.

Donaldson acknowledged that he twice referred to Anderson as “Jackie,” claiming that he was referring to a 2019 Sports Illustrated interview in which Anderson -- who is Black -- said that he feels like “today’s Jackie Robinson.”

Anderson took offense, saying: “He made a disrespectful comment. [Donaldson] basically tried to call me Jackie Robinson, like, ‘What’s up, Jackie?’ I don’t play like that. I don’t need to play at all. I wasn’t really bothering [anybody] today, but he made the comment and it was disrespectful.”

Yet another nail-biter 1-run victory for Josh Hader and the Brewers!  I need some air…..

On 5/23/2022 at 9:03 PM, goose said:

But Donaldson was disrespectful during a baseball game!!!  The seedy details...

Regardless of Mr. Donaldson's intent, the comment he directed toward Mr. Anderson was disrespectful and in poor judgment, particularly when viewed in the context of their prior interactions. In addition, Mr. Donaldson’s remark was a contributing factor in a bench-clearing incident between the teams, and warrants discipline.”

The White Sox and Yankees jostled in the fifth inning on Saturday after Chicago players took offense to Donaldson's comment.

Donaldson acknowledged that he twice referred to Anderson as “Jackie,” claiming that he was referring to a 2019 Sports Illustrated interview in which Anderson -- who is Black -- said that he feels like “today’s Jackie Robinson.”

Anderson took offense, saying: “He made a disrespectful comment. [Donaldson] basically tried to call me Jackie Robinson, like, ‘What’s up, Jackie?’ I don’t play like that. I don’t need to play at all. I wasn’t really bothering [anybody] today, but he made the comment and it was disrespectful.”

Plus, there's some deep division rivalry between the White Sox and Donaldson's former home with the Twins.  That just added to it.

Brewers finally give Corbin Burnes some run support.  

8-0 should suffice!  :thumbsup:

Not one, not two, but THREE misplayed fly balls by the Brewers!  All in the same inning!  

They get detention.  :angry: :angry::angry:

The Kansas City Royals now have the worst record in baseball, ahead of the Reds, who started 3-22 and who are probably trying to lose.

Let's hear it for everyone involved!

4 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

The Kansas City Royals now have the worst record in baseball, ahead of the Reds, who started 3-22 and who are probably trying to lose.

The Reds have won 14 of 23 and are slowly digging themselves out of the hole. 

Joey Votto is back and their pitching staff is improving.  They have a decent chance of salvaging the season.      

2 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

The Reds have won 14 of 23 and are slowly digging themselves out of the hole. 

Joey Votto is back and their pitching staff is improving.  They have a decent chance of salvaging the season.      

I wish I could say the same for the Royals!  I thought the Reds' owner (or his son?) was trying to move the team/leverage new concessions by tanking it?

25 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I wish I could say the same for the Royals!  I thought the Reds' owner (or his son?) was trying to move the team/leverage new concessions by tanking it?

All a bluff, IMO.  The chances of the Reds leaving Cincinnati are extremely low.  They're the first ever professional baseball team.  With such a history, they're not going anywhere.      

• Like 2

Miracle walkoff win for the Brewers.  The nearly dead offense gets 4 in the 9th, beats the Padres 5-4.  

Two HBP by the Padres’ closer sure helped!

On 6/1/2022 at 6:30 AM, Nova Carmina said:

My Angels are gonna get there if they don't fire Maddon now.  The 2003 Detroit Tigers could beat them ffs with this pathetic losing streak.  Toronto was the final straw for me.  Everyone including Trout and Ohtani sucks now.

BQqCoU1.gif

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned