The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

Someone explain to me why the players are against robo-umps. I'd think they'd be happy to have a defined strike zone from day to day.

No one to blame? ;)

Maybe it's a inter-union solidarity thing.

Someone explain to me why the players are against robo-umps. I'd think they'd be happy to have a defined strike zone from day to day.

No one to blame? ;)

Maybe it's a inter-union solidarity thing.

That was my guess

And let me be the first board member this season to say fukk the cheatros. Hope they go 52-110 until all those cheaters are out of the game (looking at you Altuve, Bregman, et.al.)
  • Like 2

And let me be the first board member this season to say fukk the cheatros. Hope they go 52-110 until all those cheaters are out of the game (looking at you Altuve, Bregman, et.al.)

During the last years of his life, the conservative Roman senator Cato the Elder ended every speech, no matter the topic, with the line "Carthage must be destroyed."

You, driventotheedge, should adopt this tactic: Russell Wilson? The Cheatros must be destroyed. Best Beatles album pre-Sgt. Peppers? The Cheatros must be destroyed. Best aloes for soft skin? The Cheatros must be destroyed.

Eventually, the Romans did finish the Carthaginians off, so maybe you can speak it into being for Altuve, too!

• Like 1

During the last years of his life, the conservative Roman senator Cato the Elder ended every speech, no matter the topic, with the line "Carthage must be destroyed."

You, driventotheedge, should adopt this tactic: Russell Wilson? The Cheatros must be destroyed. Best Beatles album pre-Sgt. Peppers? The Cheatros must be destroyed. Best aloes for soft skin? The Cheatros must be destroyed.

Eventually, the Romans did finish the Carthaginians off, so maybe you can speak it into being for Altuve, too!

:lol:

Fellow west rivals goose and moi join you. Fukk the Trashtros and I'm not fond of the rumors of Correa going to the Angels. Arte doesn't get it. Pujols, Rendon, Hamilton and how him. PITCHING, YOU CHEAPSKATE! :rage:

Looks like Freddie Freeman is going to the Dodgers tomorrow if Atlanta can't match their offer.

Fellow west rivals goose and moi join you. Fukk the Trashtros and I'm not fond of the rumors of Correa going to the Angels. Arte doesn't get it. Pujols, Rendon, Hamilton and how him. PITCHING, YOU CHEAPSKATE! :rage:

Looks like Freddie Freeman is going to the Dodgers tomorrow if Atlanta can't match their offer.

The man is going home. A no-brainer.

Nelson Cruz to Nats for a year.

I guarantee you he would have picked an AL team were it not for UDH.

Of course. He's on the precipice of falling off the cliff imo. We shall see.

Yanks trade Sanchez and Urshela to Twins for Donaldson and Kiner-Fafela.

I hope Kiner-Fafela hadn't unpacked his bags yet!

At least they're both in Florida.

Brewers sign former nemesis Andrew McCutchen! He was such a stud as a Pirate. Hopefully, he has a few years left in him!
  • Like 1

Brewers sign former nemesis Andrew McCutchen! He was such a stud as a Pirate. Hopefully, he has a few years left in him!

He was great in Pittsburgh and a good guy as well; involved in a lot of community activities with kids. Hopefully he will do well in Milwaukee! He never seemed to quite click with the Phillies.

He was great in Pittsburgh and a good guy as well; involved in a lot of community activities with kids. Hopefully he will do well in Milwaukee! He never seemed to quite click with the Phillies.

He was one of the biggest Brewer killers ever! I dreaded seeing him at the plate.

• Like 1

Mariners trade for Winker (yeah I know, but dude can flat out HIT) to play LF and DH and Suarez to play 3rd from the Reds. Willing to pay him 33 mil over the next 3 years for Suarez even if he doesn't work out which is possible. Not a franchise that's done that very often. They are serious about winning this year. As a Seattle sports fan it would be welcome after watching Russell Wilson get traded. There's and extra playoff spot now Ms...................

• The title was changed to The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned