24 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

the tangent is amaze-balls

i LOVE them, lol

Mick

Great! :D

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Spock's Beard-The Light (10/10)

Top 10 band for me. don't care if they are derivitive.....so what?  my answer.  eat my ass, sir!!!!!!!

Mick

people making a big deal over whether an artist or band "sounds like" another band is just them trying to find something to be mad about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Spock's Beard-The Light (10/10)

Top 10 band for me. don't care if they are derivitive.....so what?  my answer.  eat my ass, sir!!!!!!!

Mick

I don't ask for a band to be original. I simply ask that I like it.

• Like 3

Dead Cross - II

It's a supergroup that includes Mike Patton and Dave Lombardo

Edited by Super25Smasher

49 minutes ago, ST3V said:

people making a big deal over whether an artist or band "sounds like" another band is just them trying to find something to be mad about.

it's a criticism i hear about SB a lot......true i concede that they're 100 percent correct.  but that is the weakest point you could make about any music.  like.......go away, lol

it just gets to me....probably more than it should, lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

it's a criticism i hear about SB a lot......true i concede that they're 100 percent correct.  but that is the weakest point you could make about any music.  like.......go away, lol

it just gets to me....probably more than it should, lol

Couldn't tell you what band it was, but I once saw someone say in criticism "Sounds like Yes, or King Crimson. Not very progressive for a progressive rock band..." which also got on my nerves.

Personally, I always took progressive to mean progressing past normal rock and roll, with more complex compositions and widening the array of instruments used. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ST3V said:

Couldn't tell you what band it was, but I once saw someone say in criticism "Sounds like Yes, or King Crimson. Not very progressive for a progressive rock band..." which also got on my nerves.

Personally, I always took progressive to mean progressing past normal rock and roll, with more complex compositions and widening the array of instruments used. 

Progarchives would cannibalize this whole conversation. Lol.

For the record, I generally agree. I do take issue with certain cases of really really blatant copy cats. Greta Van Fleet is the obvious one that does historically bug me, but when I think about it my problem with them isn’t so much that they’re obviously ripping off Zeppelin’s sound, but that the lead singer’s voice annoys me and the instrumentals don’t really reel me in either.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 4

All American Rejects - Move Along (about what I expected, solid effort with a few outstanding tunes)

Plain White T's - Every Second Counts (oddly much better than I expected, what they lack in maturity of production and lyrics they seem more than equipped to make up for in odd chord progressions and melodies and proving their overall compositional chops)

Paramore - Brand New Eyes (I think... this has overtaken After Laughter for me)

And more of Haley Williams' Everything Is Emo podcast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

All American Rejects - Move Along (about what I expected, solid effort with a few outstanding tunes)

Plain White T's - Every Second Counts (oddly much better than I expected, what they lack in maturity of production and lyrics they seem more than equipped to make up for in odd chord progressions and melodies and proving their overall compositional chops)

Paramore - Brand New Eyes (I think... this has overtaken After Laughter for me)

And more of Haley Williams' Everything Is Emo podcast.

Move Along is a top ten album of all time for me. I got it on gold vinyl with a rainbow foil cover back in January. Brand New Eyes is also a classic. I haven't listened to Plain White T's in ages. I'll have to give Every Second Counts a spin this week.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked