Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

On 7/12/2022 at 1:53 PM, Segue Myles said:

Bon Jovi- New Jersey 

It's a heatwave, and this is perfect for it!!! Forgot how much I love Bon Jovi.

Yep , For me Segue this is their Best Album.👍😎
I saw them on this tour too in ‘88  :old:

They kicked ass !! 💥

I unfortunately sort of lost a bit of interest after the ‘ Keep the Faith’ album 

( although I really liked and still do 

‘ Dry County ‘ 👍🙂.. and the title track is ok too ) 

my interest stopped altogether after

‘ These Days ‘ … too many ballads ! 😕

On 7/15/2022 at 3:03 PM, zepphead said:

In a list of 19 Rush albums HYF ranks an #18 in my rankings.

ZH ..Yep , I feel similarly to you my good sir.

I remember being sooooo disappointed 

with this too soft sounding :imo: album when I first purchased it on cassettte the day it came out in ‘87.

For me it’s ranked at #17 in my Rush album rankings. 
Only Presto is worse ! 😮.. and I always mark the debut last as Neil wasn’t yet in the band. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Yep , For me Segue this is their Best Album.👍😎
I saw them on this tour too in ‘88  :old:

They kicked ass !! 💥

I unfortunately sort of lost a bit of interest after the ‘ Keep the Faith’ album 

( although I really liked and still do 

‘ Dry County ‘ 👍🙂.. and the title track is ok too ) 

my interest stopped altogether after

‘ These Days ‘ … too many ballads ! 😕

New Jersey to These Days is my top three albums!

1 hour ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

( early pre-Perry ) Journey … 

Journey ‘ 75  ( 7/10 )

Look into the Future ‘ 76 ( 7/10 )

Next ‘ 77  ( 8/10 ) 

… well it’s only taken me about 40 years on & off ! 😮🙃…. But I’m Finally Lol ! 
Starting to ‘ get ‘ these 1st three albums.

If I were to make a compilation of my fav tracks from each album onto a pre-Perry 

‘ Non Greatest Hits ‘ it’d probably give it  

10/10 👍😎

i respect the musicianship here.  but it comes down to it's not my style.  Some people think journey ended with Steve coming in......sucks they can't enjoy it but more for us right?

Mick

2 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

Tales from Topographic Oceans (Yes album).jpg

MY FAVE

Mariah Carey- Daydream 

Keane- Hopes And Fears 

Trivium- Ascendancy

Lacuna Coil- Comalies 

Oh look, four of my fave bands/artists in one sitting 😂

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Just now, Segue Myles said:

Mariah Carey- Daydream 

Keane- Hopes And Fears 

Trivium- Ascendancy

Lacuna Coil- Complies 

Oh look, four of my fave bands/artists in one sitting 😂

Trying to bait me into liking a post with Mariah Carey in it, huh? You'll have to do better 🤣

• Haha 2

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

Trying to bait me into liking a post with Mariah Carey in it, huh? You'll have to do better 🤣

I LOVE HER

What are your thoughts on LC rerecording Comalies? I was against it, until they did an interview where they said it's meant to be both a celebration and a reflection of how they perform the songs today.

I'm not sure, I didn't like the clip ot the new Tightrope. But I'm still curious, especially the ballads.

20 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

New Jersey to These Days is my top three albums!

I’m going to revisit Keep the Faith in a few mins 👍🙂… when I put my headphones on to mow the lawn 😎☀️…. AND I’m going to check out too … some Epica … AND …. Blind Guardian 💥:yes::ROCK:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

I’m going to revisit Keep the Faith in a few mins 👍🙂… when I put my headphones on to mow the lawn 😎☀️…. AND I’m going to check out too … some Epica … AND …. Blind Guardian 💥:yes::ROCK:

YASSSSSS Blind Guardian are buddies with Helloween. If you like them, you may enjoy BG. The two bands early works complement each other well.

I recommend:

Blind Guardian- Imaginations From The Other Side 

Epica- The Divine Conspiracy

I think both are great for first time listeners.

• Like 1

Just now, Segue Myles said:

I LOVE HER

What are your thoughts on LC rerecording Comalies? I was against it, until they did an interview where they said it's meant to be both a celebration and a reflection of how they perform the songs today.

I'm not sure, I didn't like the clip ot the new Tightrope. But I'm still curious, especially the ballads.

Oh crap, I've been out of the Lacuna Coil loop it seems. I read something about a 20 anniversary release but I didn't read the details and didn't know that's what they were doing. I just thought it was an anniversary edition of the album. Cristina and Andrea are probably better overall vocalists now, so that might actually sound better. But it's going to be hard to replicate the whole atmosphere of the album. They were a different band at the time and the music world was much different.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

i respect the musicianship here.  but it comes down to it's not my style.  Some people think journey ended with Steve coming in......sucks they can't enjoy it but more for us right?

Mick

Yep Mick … I agree with you Steve Perry

‘ saved ‘ Journey … they would have been dropped by their label otherwise ! 😮😕

.. mind you Schon & Rollie being such great musicians they would have simply resurfaced under a new moniker or in different projects ( as their Non Journey side projects over the years has proven )

My Fav Top 3 Journey albums are .. 

Departure 10/10

Captured ( Live ) 11/10 !!
Escape 10/10 

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

Oh crap, I've been out of the Lacuna Coil loop it seems. I read something about a 20 anniversary release but I didn't read the details and didn't know that's what they were doing. I just thought it was an anniversary edition of the album. Cristina and Andrea are probably better overall vocalists now, so that might actually sound better. But it's going to be hard to replicate the whole atmosphere of the album. They were a different band at the time and the music world was much different.

I'm quietly excited. I noticed the last few years, the older songs sound like they have been rebirthed. I'd like a new version for an anniversary over just the same old repackaged album. I think it's being released as a two disc set, so it's not like they are erasing the old.

But Comalies has a one of a kind atmosphere that I definitely don't think can be replicated.

As for being better vocalists, agreed. But something about Cri in the early days is special too. Like Sharon, she has evolved, but I low-key love their younger days vocally more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Yep Mick … I agree with you Steve Perry

‘ saved ‘ Journey … they would have been dropped by their label otherwise ! 😮😕

.. mind you Schon & Rollie being such great musicians they would have simply resurfaced under a new moniker or in different projects ( as their Non Journey side projects over the years has proven )

My Fav Top 3 Journey albums are .. 

Departure 10/10

Captured ( Live ) 11/10 !!
Escape 10/10 

I like early Journey, but Infinity for me is a stunning album and that record onwards is special.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

YASSSSSS Blind Guardian are buddies with Helloween. If you like them, you may enjoy BG. The two bands early works complement each other well.

I recommend:

Blind Guardian- Imaginations From The Other Side 

Epica- The Divine Conspiracy

I think both are great for first time listeners.

Thanks Segue for these recommendations

👍😎…. I’ll check ‘em out 🙂

( yep I already like Helloween btw ) 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked