Entre_Perpetuo

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

Tull's work in the 70's is near flawless IMO

Mick

Didn’t you used to not like Tull?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Queensryche- Operation: Mindcrime 

I am honestly obsessed with this album. The songs, the solos, the vocals, but also the concept, storytelling, characters, the mood of it all. It's by far the most engaging concept album I have ever heard, and their is a depth to all aspects of this record that make me convinced that this is a major work of musical genius.

O:M has left me floored, it has come out of nowhere this week and completely captured my attention, as well as my imagination.

When people ask me in the future what my idea of a metal masterpiece should sound like, I will hand them this.

This is fast becoming one of my all time favourite albums, I'm just stunned by every aspect of it! 

That pretty much sums up how I feel about the album over the last 30 years. They opened for Metallica on the Justice tour in support of it and that's what helped to break them huge.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Taylor Swift- Lover 

I forgot how much I enjoy this album. Very underrated outside her fanbase, but the lead singles were ... Choices

The first two singles are among her worst songs ever IMO.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I'm not a Swift fan. I don't really like anything I've heard from her, but I can recognize quality songwriting when I hear it and she does have at least a few well crafted tunes. I am a Panic fan. Brendan Urie's voice constantly amazes me and makes me jealous. Even so, Swift and Urie have zero chemistry on that me me me me me song... and uh... the "spelling is fun" section?  I'm a nerd. I like correct spellings. I like music. And I like marching band.  That section is probably the single worst thing I've ever heard from Swift.  Absolutely worse than those weird trap singles from Reputation. No doubt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

They almost ruin the second half of the album. Just terrible songs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I'm not a Swift fan. I don't really like anything I've heard from her, but I can recognize quality songwriting when I hear it and she does have at least a few well crafted tunes. I am a Panic fan. Brendan Urie's voice constantly amazes me and makes me jealous. Even so, Swift and Urie have zero chemistry on that me me me me me song... and uh... the "spelling is fun" section?  I'm a nerd. I like correct spellings. I like music. And I like marching band.  That section is probably the single worst thing I've ever heard from Swift.  Absolutely worse than those weird trap singles from Reputation. No doubt. 

Reputation is a masterpiece. Get. Out.

Just kidding, but you're right. me! is absolutely awful. The worst part is that song and the follow up single represent NOTHING about the album at all. It crazes me to think why she chose them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

Add in Look What You made me do and you have a new level of hell. and i'm a fan mind you.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Add in Look What You made me do and you have a new level of hell. and i'm a fan mind you.

Mick

Oh I love that song 😂

• Haha 1

I swear I'm not obsessed. Also, I've starting singing the title tracks chorus at random points throughout the day. It's so catchy 😂

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I swear I'm not obsessed. Also, I've starting singing the title tracks chorus at random points throughout the day. It's so catchy 😂

The album is the perfect blend of melodic hooks, musicianship and storytelling. The greatest concept album ever. The absolute standard of what a concept album should be.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Even the biggest Cooper fans wouldn't rate that album anywhere close to that.

ohtrust me i know but i love how quirky it is.

but the black out period after......yessh that i hate.  i explored that cause some fans do love them.  but.......yea don't do drugs kids.  Imagine being so far gone you don't remember a whole era of albums you made.'

Mick

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

The album is the perfect blend of melodic hooks, musicianship and storytelling. The greatest concept album ever. The absolute standard of what a concept album should be.

I've been watching live videos. Geoff is maybe the greatest love singer I have ever seen! And this album is just sublime, it's captivating me on every level. I love the story, Sister Mary fills me with sorrow. 

It's exquisite and beautiful and at the same time it f***ing rocks!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

but the black out period after......yessh that i hate.  i explored that cause some fans do love them.  but.......yea don't do drugs kids.  Imagine being so far gone you don't remember a whole era of albums you made.'

Mick

I don't mind the album too much. I got to see him in 2010 when he dusted off Clones and played that for the first tour in forever. I was the only one in the crowd who knew it though the two times I saw him on that tour 😆

I like Dada too. It's amazing Alice came up with something good like that given his constant state of inebriation at that time. Musicians like to talk about how f***ed up they were in recording something but Dada is without a doubt the most messed up on substances recording I have ever heard. You can hear it constantly in his vocals just how messed up he was.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

flush the fashion has three good songs, but other than that i dont really bother. (clones, pain, and i kinda like model citizen)

yeah, it was strange to see low-effort albums from alice. plus he looked like he was half dead with how underweight and cracked out he was, truly a frightening look for him ;)

his comeback later in the 90's is okay, but he truly peaked early on in the 70s, both with the band and as a fresh solo project afterwards. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Not said:

flush the fashion has three good songs, but other than that i dont really bother. (clones, pain, and i kinda like model citizen)

yeah, it was strange to see low-effort albums from alice. plus he looked like he was half dead with how underweight and cracked out he was, truly a frightening look for him ;)

his comeback later in the 90's is okay, but he truly peaked early on in the 70s, both with the band and as a fresh solo project afterwards. 

yea i've sampled albums from every decade.  and i love alice but his decade to me was really the 70's that run was great.

and i think it's pretty much all i need.

Mick

• Like 1

• The topic was locked