Jump to content

Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8


Entre_Perpetuo
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Rumor Has It isn’t catchy? Easy On Me isn’t catchy? You sure about that?

It's just personal opinion being paraded as fact. For some reason aimed at me because I don't take the man who sang the shitty School's Out as seriously as the woman who wrote the near impossible to sing, complex harmonies of My All, The Roof or Petals.

 

I'm honestly put off listening to Alice Cooper at this point. 

 

Nice to see some love for Adele. 19, 21 and 25 are great albums. I didn't like the latest though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Yesterday

 

Aice Cooper

 

Goes To Hell(9/10)
ace and Whiskey (9/10)

From the inside (10/10)

 

from the inside might be my fav.  figures cause it's a slick David Foster basically AOR production.

 

Also i'm calling my friend out now.  Segue why you farting around.  your missing fun stuff in Alice's 70's stuff.

 

sigh.......whatever enjoy your blind gaurdian and queensryche, lol

 

I tell this kid stuff and......

 

"i'm getting there!!!!

 

Kids right?

 

Mick

 

From the Inside is among my favorite Alice albums as well, it flows well, all the songs are catchy and nice, and it really is the concept album which best sums up both the alice character and alice as an actual person

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blue Öyster Cult- Secret Treaties 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

It's just personal opinion being paraded as fact. For some reason aimed at me because I don't take the man who sang the shitty School's Out as seriously as the woman who wrote the near impossible to sing, complex harmonies of My All, The Roof or Petals.

 

I'm honestly put off listening to Alice Cooper at this point. 

 

Nice to see some love for Adele. 19, 21 and 25 are great albums. I didn't like the latest though.

Well that’s too bad, maybe you’ll come back around someday. Alice is pretty great. But I know what you mean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

It's just personal opinion being paraded as fact. For some reason aimed at me because I don't take the man who sang the shitty School's Out as seriously as the woman who wrote the near impossible to sing, complex harmonies of My All, The Roof or Petals.

 

I'm honestly put off listening to Alice Cooper at this point. 

 

Nice to see some love for Adele. 19, 21 and 25 are great albums. I didn't like the latest though.

 

Calling School's Out a shitty song doesn't bother me. I don't think the song is that great to begin with.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Rumor Has It isn’t catchy? Easy On Me isn’t catchy? You sure about that?

 

I'm sure. There's nothing that catchy going on there for me. As I said her overall sound is just blah to me. I'm amazed how many people actually like her. Now Huey Lewis and The News, that's how you write pop hooks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

Calling School's Out a shitty song doesn't bother me. I don't think the song is that great to begin with.

 

"My Stars" and "Alma MAtter" are pretty cool tracks, but aside from that the album isn't all too great either. Maybe I'll have to give it another listen, it's been a while

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

 

"My Stars" and "Alma MAtter" are pretty cool tracks, but aside from that the album isn't all too great either. Maybe I'll have to give it another listen, it's been a while

 

It's a good album but possibly his strangest one in terms of song randomness.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

Calling School's Out a shitty song doesn't bother me. I don't think the song is that great to begin with.

I don't give one single f**k

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I don't give one single f**k

 

Damn, if this discussion was happening in a bar right now I think we may have come to blows 😆

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since Friday:

Knocked Loose - A Different Shade Of Blue

Knocked Loose - A Tear In The Fabric Of Life

Moon Tooth - Freaks EP

Moon Tooth - Chromapargon

Moon Tooth - Crux

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

Damn, if this discussion was happening in a bar right now I think we may have come to blows 😆

 

 

i'd definetly get hit with a flying bar stool cause i don't move to well lol.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

 

 

i'd definetly get hit with a flying bar stool cause i don't move to well lol.

Someone's always gotta throw a chair I suppose.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Elliott Smith - Figure 8 [9/10]

Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters [8/10]

Galaxy 500 - On Fire [7/10]

Pavement - Crooked Rain Crooked Rain [9/10]

Paul Simon - Graceland [10/10]

Los Lobos - Colossal Head [8/10]

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry guys, had an anxiety attack today which makes me super super kind and upbeat, and lots of fun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alice Cooper-Easy Action (6/10)

 

i'm not a fan of AC's first two albums.  Hopelessly dated 60's acid/psych rock is not my area.

 

AC's run began for me on the next album.

 

Mick

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeff Buckley - Grace

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

 

Still kinda recouping from my gig yesterday. Spent more energy than I had, felt bad afterwards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

I'm loving the live videos of these songs online. What an amazing singer Tate is!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Raven- All For One 

 

Okay, I've never heard of this band before, but I came across an article about them calling them unsung heroes of UK metal. On first listen, this is great fun. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Raven- All For One 

 

Okay, I've never heard of this band before, but I came across an article about them calling them unsung heroes of UK metal. On first listen, this is great fun. 

Okay it got annoying by the end 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm loving the live videos of these songs online. What an amazing singer Tate is!

 

He was always regarded as one of the best singers in the metal genre. It's too bad the band's quality went down so much and he turned out to come off as a bit of a dick over the years. I don't think he's talked about as much as he should be due to that. But there was a time when he was spoken of in the same way Halford, Dio and Dickinson are for their vocal abilities. I feel sometimes people forget just how great of a singer he was.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

He was always regarded as one of the best singers in the metal genre. It's too bad the band's quality went down so much and he turned out to come off as a bit of a dick over the years. I don't think he's talked about as much as he should be due to that. But there was a time when he was spoken of in the same way Halford, Dio and Dickinson are for their vocal abilities. I feel sometimes people forget just how great of a singer he was.

I am still getting into QR. Right now, I am playing their debut EP. I'm actually knocked off my feet, it's absolutely sublime. The Lady Wore Black is an astounding song.

 

But I have now worked my way through their post-PL discography. I didn't share my thoughts because one listen to those records involved a lot of skipping, some awful albums. 

 

A reason I never tried to take Queensryche seriously before is that I grew up reading negative reviews of new releases, and when the band divided a few years back, it was cringe.

 

But now I'm diving in, it is so good to listen to such brilliant songwriting. QR and Savatage are terrific bands, I get a similar feeling from both even though they are different.

 

But Queensryche after Promised Land is dead to me. Saying that, I really enjoyed the latest two albums.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...