Jump to content

Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8


Entre_Perpetuo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Segue Myles said:

I've always adored his voice. I thought he sounded like a metal Lou Gramm. But hey ho.

 

 

not even close.

 

like maybe the metal lou costello.

 

lol.

 

Mick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

 

not even close.

 

like maybe the metal lou costello.

 

lol.

 

Mick

I honestly don't get the hate, his voice is practically perfect to me 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Queensryche- Operation: Mindcrime 

 

Hands down the best concept album in metal I have ever heard. This album, my lord, I think it's unbeatable!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Queensryche- Operation: Mindcrime 

 

Hands down the best concept album in metal I have ever heard. This album, my lord, I think it's unbeatable!

 

DENIED!!!!

 

sorry i'm in a mood tooday, lol

 

enjoy.

 

Mick

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

 

DENIED!!!!

 

sorry i'm in a mood tooday, lol

 

enjoy.

 

Mick

FLIP TABLES WITH MEEEEE

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alice Cooper- Love It To Death 

 

Okay, this I can get into.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, zepphead said:

I just ended up getting from AMazon - I had a few gift vouchers.

Mine has finally arrived now!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aice Cooper Muscle of Love (8/10)

 

I know a lot of fans don't like this and maybe it's true the highs aren't as high as BDB but it has some greats and is not as bad as it's made out to be

 

Big Apple Dreamin'

Never been sold Before

Hard Hearted Alice (adore this!!)

Crazy Little Child

Muscle of Love

Teenage Lament 74

 

sure i can agree it has filler......woman Machine,  Working Up A Sweat, Man with the Golden Gun

 

but damn it i like this album a bunch.

 

no accounting for taste huh, lol

 

Mick

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blind Guardian- Imaginations From The Other Side 

 

The title track might be my favourite BG song ever.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Alice Cooper-Welcome to my Nightmare(10/10)

 

This  album is like a demented floor show and i love it.

 

i love the whole thing but my favs

 

Title Track

The Black Widow

Some Folks (makes me want to break out a top hat and cane.....and JAZZ HANDS, lol)

Only Women Bleed

Department of Youth

 

then it gets disturbing.  you get that two-fer of Years Ago and Steven.  Chills.

 

Great record.

 

Mick

 

 

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Aice Cooper Muscle of Love (8/10)

 

I know a lot of fans don't like this and maybe it's true the highs aren't as high as BDB but it has some greats and is not as bad as it's made out to be

 

Big Apple Dreamin'

Never been sold Before

Hard Hearted Alice (adore this!!)

Crazy Little Child

Muscle of Love

Teenage Lament 74

 

sure i can agree it has filler......woman Machine,  Working Up A Sweat, Man with the Golden Gun

 

but damn it i like this album a bunch.

 

no accounting for taste huh, lol

 

Mick

At the time Muscle Of Love came out I was a big Alice Cooper fan and had all their LP's to date.

There was a big fanfare in the UK for this release after the massive commercial success of Billion Bollar Babies - Warner Bros went all out

on the packaging - a weird cardboard box imitating a delivery package. A bummer to shelve with any other albums!!

 

For me personally, I was a bit disappointed in the album - just not as dark as its predecessors and in a lot of ways signalling the end of the 'golden age'.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Aice Cooper Muscle of Love (8/10)

 

I know a lot of fans don't like this and maybe it's true the highs aren't as high as BDB but it has some greats and is not as bad as it's made out to be

 

Big Apple Dreamin'

Never been sold Before

Hard Hearted Alice (adore this!!)

Crazy Little Child

Muscle of Love

Teenage Lament 74

 

sure i can agree it has filler......woman Machine,  Working Up A Sweat, Man with the Golden Gun

 

but damn it i like this album a bunch.

 

no accounting for taste huh, lol

 

Mick

 

 

I agree but i also enjoy Working up a Sweat (quite a lot actually). 

I think Golden Gun is meh, but you got to respect the attempted bond song.. I bet if Alice were to take a stab at it today it wouldn't have been rejected

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alice Cooper-Goes to Hell (9/10)

 

I feel like he really expaded musically on this one.

 

The disco title song. i'm the Coolest and give the Kid A Break are very frank Zappa like(funny cause he started on Zappa's Label, lol)

 

soe beautiful balllads too

I Never Cry

Wake Me gently(kinda Jim Steinman like)

 

I saw a list rank this at like 26th best and i stopped reading, lol.

 

i love it.

 

Mick

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The first half of Hushed And Grim. I'm not sure I'll get to the second half tonight, just getting a bit late to be playing that as loud as I like.

 

Oh, also Weezer - OK Human

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moon Tooth - Violent Grief: Acoustic Selections

Volumes - Via

Volumes - No Sleep

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trivium - Shogun

 

First time listen. Well I heard most of it anyway, the end of track two started skipping and tracks 3 and 4 just wouldn't play at all, but by track five it went back to normal. I'll have to purchase those three separate on iTunes and mix them in with the CD tracks to put on my iPod.  This was fantastic.  Exactly the right record for my mood tonight. Thank you, Segue, for recommending this.  It plays very well alongside Mastodon, and I bet it will sound great alongside some BTBAM as well. Sorry I took so long getting around to it, though.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Trivium - Shogun

 

First time listen. Well I heard most of it anyway, the end of track two started skipping and tracks 3 and 4 just wouldn't play at all, but by track five it went back to normal. I'll have to purchase those three separate on iTunes and mix them in with the CD tracks to put on my iPod.  This was fantastic.  Exactly the right record for my mood tonight. Thank you, Segue, for recommending this.  It plays very well alongside Mastodon, and I bet it will sound great alongside some BTBAM as well. Sorry I took so long getting around to it, though.

Yaaay! It's honestly an incredible album by an incredible band. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 studio days, zero preconceived ideas allowed into the studio. all the songs were built up from jam sessions, or the riffs george lynch wrote while there. wish more bands would take this angle to recording an album, especially when they're talented well-established musicians like these guys are

 

Scatterbrain_front_cover.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dopamine: Amazon.co.uk: CDs & Vinyl

Brand new album from Thunder.

 

A superb hard rock album from a superb band.

 

One of my favourite albums of the year so far.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sabaton- Heroes 

Epica- Omega 

 

I'm growing to really love Sabaton. Heroes is a fantastic album that sees the band stick to all that they know, and perfect it. Every album I have played by these guys is great, and at a runtime of 37 minutes, it doesn't outstay it's welcome.

 

As for Epica, Omega is growing on me more and more. Initially I found it disappointing, but now I think it's close to their greatest work. Epica are exceptional, and more than live up to their name.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Sabaton- Heroes 

Epica- Omega 

 

I'm growing to really love Sabaton. Heroes is a fantastic album that sees the band stick to all that they know, and perfect it. Every album I have played by these guys is great, and at a runtime of 37 minutes, it doesn't outstay it's welcome.

 

As for Epica, Omega is growing on me more and more. Initially I found it disappointing, but now I think it's close to their greatest work. Epica are exceptional, and more than live up to their name.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Whenever I listen to Heroes it usually ends up lasting about an hour and 37 minutes because I always put To Hell and Back on repeat at least ten times.

 

Damn, that song is catchy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...