The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Cracovia 0 Leczna 2 :facepalm: Krakow has reached a new low in football accomplishments.

Covid gets so much bad press, but nobody is talking about the relaxing week you get when your team`s matches are postponed :D
  • Like 2

Cracovia 0 Leczna 2 :facepalm: Krakow has reached a new low in football accomplishments.

Covid gets so much bad press, but nobody is talking about the relaxing week you get when your team`s matches are postponed :D

Are you still going to play Rennes or did you call it a day and Tottenham is out of Europe all together?...not that this version of competition is sexy or anything.
  • Like 2

Are you still going to play Rennes or did you call it a day and Tottenham is out of Europe all together?...not that this version of competition is sexy or anything.

UEFA say the game cannot be completed, so they`re going to adjudicate on it soon. There`s no room in our fixture schedule and of course the best result is we leave the competition. We have two PL games to catch up, QF of the Carabao (two-legged semi if we beat West Ham), and the usual festive fixture list - we don`t really need the Rennes game and the two-legged play-off to reach the next round of the Conference league. And I`m pretty sure that we`re only a week or so away from more Covid trouble - more cancellations and possibly a little lockdown. We should really have stopped the league when it was safe, which as I recall, was after three matches :yes:
  • Like 2

Luca Brecel :dweez:

Higgins made it interesting, but it's the Benelux with the double, Brecel and Verstappen. :notworthy:

I joined the coverage of the Grand Prix on Lap 52 (out of 58), when Lewis was enjoying a very handsome lead :bump:
  • Like 1

Higgins made it interesting, but it's the Benelux with the double, Brecel and Verstappen. :notworthy:

I joined the coverage of the Grand Prix on Lap 52 (out of 58), when Lewis was enjoying a very handsome lead :bump:

:o Damn, you really are a curse. Normally things like that just don't happen in Formula 1.
  • Like 2

:o Damn, you really are a curse. Normally things like that just don't happen in Formula 1.

I prefer to think of myself as an Influencer :blush:
  • Like 2

I prefer to think of myself as an Influencer :blush:

:popcorn:
  • Like 2

Legia in last place. Their "fans" set a trap for the team's bus traveling back to Warsaw after yesterday's game. At least two players were physically assaulted and won't be available for the next match...
  • Like 1

Legia in last place. Their "fans" set a trap for the team's bus traveling back to Warsaw after yesterday's game. At least two players were physically assaulted and won't be available for the next match...

Yikes! More like the "lowKlasa"!

• Like 2

The Azerbaijan international has doctor's orders to "stay in bed and rest", while the Brazilian needed a shitload of ice packs.
  • Like 1

The Azerbaijan international has doctor's orders to "stay in bed and rest", while the Brazilian needed a shitload of ice packs.

Who among us hasn`t wished to set a trap for our team, in order to ambush them? I know I have :bitchslap:
  • Like 2

Italy, Germany and England in one Nations League group. Bad luck, Hungary. :16ton: We get Belgium, Holland and Wales. :cool:

Not too shabby, compared with the old days of friendlies against Costa Rica.

Spurs have found a way to make supporting them less stressful than usual. It`s been as relaxing a fortnight as I can remember and we haven`t even slipped down the table :cool:

• Like 1

Liverpool make it interesting against the Saudi Barcodes, but justice and right prevails in the end. Oh, and another COVID closing is coming, I can feel it.

Since LFC won the league the last time there was a closure, let's all take two weeks off.

Italy, Germany and England in one Nations League group. Bad luck, Hungary. :16ton: We get Belgium, Holland and Wales. :cool:

Yes, they laugh at this type of competition, but it gives some countries an opportunity to face opponents they'd normally wouldn't. Also, Hungarians will get a chance to demolish property in England or Germany...
  • Like 1

Yes, they laugh at this type of competition, but it gives some countries an opportunity to face opponents they'd normally wouldn't. Also, Hungarians will get a chance to demolish property in England or Germany...

I reckon England has enough history of destruction in European cities to be something other than sanctimonious about away fans from other countries, however unpleasant they might be :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

Liverpool make it interesting against the Saudi Barcodes, but justice and right prevails in the end. Oh, and another COVID closing is coming, I can feel it.

Since LFC won the league the last time there was a closure, let's all take two weeks off.

In the spirit of rapprochement, let`s split the points for your Sunday game at Spurs and let everyone stay safely at home - 1.5 each :sundog:
  • Like 1

Horrible result for Sun & Moon, and all people who want bad things for Jose :facepalm:

Throw in an Arsenal win at Leeds, and a truly hideous effort from England in the Ashes. Bullrun Bingham to fluke past Ronnie this evening?

Then a fully rested but virus-recovering, not battle-ready Spurs host everso-slightly in form Liverpool to round things up tomorrow. Surely someone can spread some more Covid, to spare me more anguish? :eyeroll:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Horrible result for Sun & Moon, and all people who want bad things for Jose :facepalm:

Throw in an Arsenal win at Leeds, and a truly hideous effort from England in the Ashes. Bullrun Bingham to fluke past Ronnie this evening?

Then a fully rested but virus-recovering, not battle-ready Spurs host everso-slightly in form Liverpool to round things up tomorrow. Surely someone can spread some more Covid, to spare me more anguish? :eyeroll:

Yes, it was a proper beating before Christmas. Still one game before the Holidays, an away game against Genoa.

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned