The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Horrible result for Sun & Moon, and all people who want bad things for Jose :facepalm:

Throw in an Arsenal win at Leeds, and a truly hideous effort from England in the Ashes. Bullrun Bingham to fluke past Ronnie this evening?

Then a fully rested but virus-recovering, not battle-ready Spurs host everso-slightly in form Liverpool to round things up tomorrow. Surely someone can spread some more Covid, to spare me more anguish? :eyeroll:

Will O'Sullivan take revenge for the cricket catastrophe? :popcorn:
  • Like 1

Horrible result for Sun & Moon, and all people who want bad things for Jose :facepalm:

Throw in an Arsenal win at Leeds, and a truly hideous effort from England in the Ashes. Bullrun Bingham to fluke past Ronnie this evening?

Then a fully rested but virus-recovering, not battle-ready Spurs host everso-slightly in form Liverpool to round things up tomorrow. Surely someone can spread some more Covid, to spare me more anguish? :eyeroll:

He showed some ticker this afternoon to be 4-4, when it could have been 8-0 to Robertson.

I can`t say that I was as keen on the Spurs game as the commentators. I guess you view it differently when it`s your own team missing glorious chances, playing with gaping holes in midfield, not getting sent off etc.

• Like 2

He showed some ticker this afternoon to be 4-4, when it could have been 8-0 to Robertson.

I can`t say that I was as keen on the Spurs game as the commentators. I guess you view it differently when it`s your own team missing glorious chances, playing with gaping holes in midfield, not getting sent off etc.

Didn't Spurs get shafted around the 70th minute mark? Push in the back in the box, Salah's handball...
  • Like 1

Didn't Spurs get shafted around the 70th minute mark? Push in the back in the box, Salah's handball...

I think Kane not getting sent off and Spurs missing those gilt-edged chances on the break balances out any shafting :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

I think Kane not getting sent off and Spurs missing those gilt-edged chances on the break balances out any shafting :eyeroll:

You must have different rules in PL, because in Ekstraklasa after that handball, Salah would have heard the referee's whistle...if he would dare to do it against the best player in the world, that is.

You must have different rules in PL, because in Ekstraklasa after that handball, Salah would have heard the referee's whistle...if he would dare to do it against the best player in the world, that is.

The goal came from the next phase of play, and whilst it did initially hit Salah`s arm, I think the ruling is that Spurs are allowed to try and stop the cross and then the header, rather than leaving a big gap by all running away.
  • Like 1

The goal came from the next phase of play, and whilst it did initially hit Salah`s arm, I think the ruling is that Spurs are allowed to try and stop the cross and then the header, rather than leaving a big gap by all running away.

No VAR in darts, however. "The Bronzed Adonis" takes care of business. :chickendance:
  • Like 1

No VAR in darts, however. "The Bronzed Adonis" takes care of business. :chickendance:

A very Grey Adonis these days. And VAR`s not needed in Snooker, as Ronnie finds form for half an hour which proved plenty of time to TCOB :notworthy:
  • Like 1

A very Grey Adonis these days. And VAR`s not needed in Snooker, as Ronnie finds form for half an hour which proved plenty of time to TCOB :notworthy:

Would you exchange that win for England not losing the last six wickets tomorrow? :popcorn: or even winning outright? :aliensmiley:
  • Like 1

Would you exchange that win for England not losing the last six wickets tomorrow? :popcorn: or even winning outright? :aliensmiley:

Definitely not. Even if England were granted a reprieve - via a biblical rainstorm from benevolent-feeling weather gods (the only way out would be something out of their hands) - the team would fall over and drown in a puddle on the way out of the ground. They are a right dogs breakfast at the moment. They remind me of Spurs under Nuno, when you watch and think, "Holy Buckets, what are you doing?" :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Definitely not. Even if England were granted a reprieve - via a biblical rainstorm from benevolent-feeling weather gods (the only way out would be something out of their hands) - the team would fall over and drown in a puddle on the way out of the ground. They are a right dogs breakfast at the moment. They remind me of Spurs under Nuno, when you watch and think, "Holy Buckets, what are you doing?" :facepalm:

Hardly a reason to get up at 4am, is it? :zzz:
  • Like 1

Hardly a reason to get up at 4am, is it? :zzz:

I haven`t been doing that :no: I just shifted my day to something like Pacific Standard Time ;)

UEFA league rankings: 1) England 99,641 points 2) Spain 89,855 3) Italy 72,902 4) Germany 70,499 5) France 55,748 6) Portugal 50,049 7) Holland 44,500 8) Austria 37,850 9) Scotland 34,100 10) Russia 34,082...28) Poland 15,875.
  • Like 1

UEFA club rankings: 1) Bayern 133 points, 2) Man City 124, 3) Liverpool 122, 4) Chelsea 116, 5) Real 113, 6) PSG 110, 7) Barcelona 108, 8) Juventus 106, 9) Man U 104, 10) Atletico 100, 11) AS Roma 88, 12) Sevilla 88, 13) Tottenham 83, 14) Ajax 81, 15) Arsenal 80.
  • Like 1

UEFA club rankings: 1) Bayern 133 points, 2) Man City 124, 3) Liverpool 122, 4) Chelsea 116, 5) Real 113, 6) PSG 110, 7) Barcelona 108, 8) Juventus 106, 9) Man U 104, 10) Atletico 100, 11) AS Roma 88, 12) Sevilla 88, 13) Tottenham 83, 14) Ajax 81, 15) Arsenal 80.

On the upside, those stinky pigs in 15th place will lose ground as they weren`t in Europe. Better to have been in and been rubbish and then kicked out due to Covid, than never to have been in Europe at all :moon:
  • Like 1

On the upside, those stinky pigs in 15th place will lose ground as they weren`t in Europe. Better to have been in and been rubbish and then kicked out due to Covid, than never to have been in Europe at all :moon:

Yeah, I was going to do only the top 10, and give the Spurs the (...) treatment, but I knew I'd get some reaction from you listing the first 15. :cool:
  • Like 1

Yeah, I was going to do only the top 10, and give the Spurs the (...) treatment, but I knew I'd get some reaction from you listing the first 15. :cool:

I feel trolled :rage:
  • Like 1

I feel trolled :rage:

You know me better than that. :kisshug:
  • Like 1

PSG stops Lewandowski yet again from being the best player in the world. :banghead:

He`s won the Guardian`s Top 100 players poll for the second year in a row :cool: Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

PSG stops Lewandowski yet again from being the best player in the world. :banghead:

He`s won the Guardian`s Top 100 players poll for the second year in a row :cool:

He was also victorious in the "Bild" elections. :cool:
  • Like 1

He`s won the Guardian`s Top 100 players poll for the second year in a row :cool:

Sounds suspiciously like a Bayern-sponsored production :ph34r:
  • Like 1

Sounds suspiciously like a Bayern-sponsored production :ph34r:

Shh! ;)
  • Like 1

Cracovia wins the Cup final...in hockey. :hockeygoon: :cosmo: :hockeygoon:

That would have been a better event to follow, with the Ashes not delivering all I had hoped for :facepalm: And I wouldn`t have been as horrified as I don`t know how Ice Hockey is supposed to be played. Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2

• The topic was unpinned