The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Cup play, Widzew 1 Wisla 3 :) Amazingly, we're in the last eight of the competition.

Spurs 2-0 Brentford. Amazingly, we`re sixth in the competition :eh:

Like Ronaldo, in France Football's golden ball results. :fistbump:

Nice sidestep from them to create a new award for Lewy and his 74 goals. France doesn`t dare upset Messi :facepalm:

He still beat out Deyna and Boniek. He might win it next year...unless he goes to Chelsea. :scared:

I`ve read Real remains his likely future home. Nobody dreamed of playing for Chelsea when they were growing up, did they? :huh: Even at £400k a week :no:

Lewandowski's agent already had talks with Chelsea and the idea is to switch Robert for Werner, thinking that Bayern would be willing to get a much younger player in the exchange.

What I meant to write was no players dream of playing for Chelsea - agents of the current best player in the world potentially moving on a free, however... :drool:

It would be a huge mistake for RL9 to join the PL where rotation is the name of the game. Perfect example, Leicester and Vardy, who hardly ever sees European action, despite being the top dog at the club. Lewy should stay at Bayern as long as he can, have the whole team continue to work for his goals, possibly break Muller's record and become the best ever in Bundesliga.

He shouldn`t move to any side around Cleuch Head, that`s for sure, whatever they offer him... we`ve had power cuts every day since that pesky Storm Arwen last Friday night - on for an hour, off for five, no internet etc. (Hence my sporadic appearances).

Glad to hear it was just internet troubles. :cheers:
  • Like 1

Cup play, Widzew 1 Wisla 3 :) Amazingly, we're in the last eight of the competition.

Nice sidestep from them to create a new award for Lewy and his 74 goals. France doesn`t dare upset Messi :facepalm:

He still beat out Deyna and Boniek. He might win it next year...unless he goes to Chelsea. :scared:

I`ve read Real remains his likely future home. Nobody dreamed of playing for Chelsea when they were growing up, did they? :huh: Even at £400k a week :no:

Lewandowski's agent already had talks with Chelsea and the idea is to switch Robert for Werner, thinking that Bayern would be willing to get a much younger player in the exchange.

What I meant to write was no players dream of playing for Chelsea - agents of the current best player in the world potentially moving on a free, however... :drool:

It would be a huge mistake for RL9 to join the PL where rotation is the name of the game. Perfect example, Leicester and Vardy, who hardly ever sees European action, despite being the top dog at the club. Lewy should stay at Bayern as long as he can, have the whole team continue to work for his goals, possibly break Muller's record and become the best ever in Bundesliga.

He shouldn`t move to any side around Cleuch Head, that`s for sure, whatever they offer him... we`ve had power cuts every day since that pesky Storm Arwen last Friday night - on for an hour, off for five, no internet etc. (Hence my sporadic appearances).

Thank you :cheers: I was also slightly waylaid by recovery from a medical thing that involved us travelling to Glasgow into the teeth of said storm last Friday - police and various workers were chainsawing fallen trees to clear our path home at about 1am, but it was pitched black, blizzard conditions and freezing cold when we eventually got here and I wasn`t feeling great most of this week. (No internet access will do that to anyone). Turns out that this remote farmhouse lark allied to pretty poor energy companies means I might spend a lot of time looking at the falling snow, when I should be enjoying Hawkins vs Zhao :eyeroll:

Is Sun & Moon around? She`ll be uplifted by an erratic, seesawing Atalanta win over would-have-been leaders Napoli :o

• Like 2

Thank you :cheers: I was also slightly waylaid by recovery from a medical thing that involved us travelling to Glasgow into the teeth of said storm last Friday - police and various workers were chainsawing fallen trees to clear our path home at about 1am, but it was pitched black, blizzard conditions and freezing cold when we eventually got here and I wasn`t feeling great most of this week. (No internet access will do that to anyone). Turns out that this remote farmhouse lark allied to pretty poor energy companies means I might spend a lot of time looking at the falling snow, when I should be enjoying Hawkins vs Zhao :eyeroll:

Is Sun & Moon around? She`ll be uplifted by an erratic, seesawing Atalanta win over would-have-been leaders Napoli :o

At least you didn't end up in Hooterville. ;) I think Sun&Moon was waiting for your return. :coy: Belgium vs China in the final? :wtf:
  • Like 2

At least you didn't end up in Hooterville. ;) I think Sun&Moon was waiting for your return. :coy: Belgium vs China in the final? :wtf:

Brecel was unplayable, so logically he cannot be that good again? At least he beat Ronnie`s conqueror Wilson, so if he wins the thing it can be explained away :yes: without me worrying that sporting heroes that are the same age as me are now past their best, which I refuse to countenance and am unwilling to accept :nya nya:
  • Like 1

Brecel was unplayable, so logically he cannot be that good again? At least he beat Ronnie`s conqueror Wilson, so if he wins the thing it can be explained away :yes: without me worrying that sporting heroes that are the same age as me are now past their best, which I refuse to countenance and am unwilling to accept :nya nya:

I'm a huge Paul Lim fan. :codger: That 9-darter 30 years ago...
  • Like 1

I don`t think I saw it live, but BBC were never shy of repeating it - if anyone said a word that sounded like "darts" or "9" or "finish", such was the paucity of the rights to live sport on terrestrial TV they would dust off the Paul Lim footage. I hope he gets royalties :7up:
  • Like 1

I don`t think I saw it live, but BBC were never shy of repeating it - if anyone said a word that sounded like "darts" or "9" or "finish", such was the paucity of the rights to live sport on terrestrial TV they would dust off the Paul Lim footage. I hope he gets royalties :7up:

Good thing they didn't destroy the tape, like with Doctor Who and others. :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

Good thing they didn't destroy the tape, like with Doctor Who and others. :eyeroll:

So much classic Peter Cook was lost, yet nobody was executed :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Recently, I've played bass more than ever, but here I am, still celebrating Atalanta's five subsequent wins in Serie A. :cheerleader: We finally got Hateboer and Pessina back, but are still missing Gosens. Of the players that (re-)joined the club last summer Zappacosta has done great job as has Demiral. Musso has been ok, placing 10th in the table for goalkeeper saves.

On Wednesday it's time to face Villarreal at home in Bergamo in UCL. There's still hope to make it to the next round.

Edit: for typos

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 1

Recently, I've played bass more than ever, but here I am, still celebrating Atalanta's five subsequent wins in Serie A. :cheerleader: We finally got Hateboer and Pessina back, but are still missing Gosens. Of the players that (re-)joined the club last summer Zappacosta has done great job as has Demiral. Musso has been ok, placing 10th in the table for goalkeeper saves.

On Wednesday it's time to face Villareal at home in Bergamo in UCL. There's still hope to make it to the next round.

You sound like you`re doing well :ebert:
  • Like 1

On Wednesday it's time to face Villareal at home in Bergamo in UCL. There's still hope to make it to the next round.

You sound like you`re doing well :ebert:

Thanks! I'm doing a lot better now. I still have bad days, but they are still something I can handle.

• Like 1

I watched two minutes from the first half, and a further two in the second, from Everton vs Arsenal. On both occasions, Everton were celebrating a goal which was then nullified by VAR. I`m trying to process whether I`m a good omen and if so, for which side, and also, if Everton scored about 45 illegal goals over the 90 minutes and I tuned in and watched a perfectly regular occurrence from the match :eh:
  • Like 2

I watched two minutes from the first half, and a further two in the second, from Everton vs Arsenal. On both occasions, Everton were celebrating a goal which was then nullified by VAR. I`m trying to process whether I`m a good omen and if so, for which side, and also, if Everton scored about 45 illegal goals over the 90 minutes and I tuned in and watched a perfectly regular occurrence from the match :eh:

Thank you for joining the Wisla game 27 seconds in, as Warta's goal got called off due to an offside play. Well done. :clap:
  • Like 2

Thank you for joining the Wisla game 27 seconds in, as Warta's goal got called off due to an offside play. Well done. :clap:

Let me know when and whom you need me to visit some Bad Magumbo upon :fury:
  • Like 2

I wish you could do something about the snobbiness of the Colorado Avalanche broadcasters, but I understand you're too busy with the ones in Britain.
  • Like 1

I wish you could do something about the snobbiness of the Colorado Avalanche broadcasters, but I understand you're too busy with the ones in Britain.

Yes, I`ve been very busy with the British avalanche broadcasters, very busy :rage: They are a very overpaid and under-worked bunch.

I`m slightly concerned that Storm Barras is going to unleash a shotgun full of snow over my house tomorrow afternoon, particularly on my satellite dish, which could have a dangerous effect on my plans to watch the Ashes from midnight tomorrow (and for most of the next five weeks :popcorn:)

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Yes, I`ve been very busy with the British avalanche broadcasters, very busy :rage: They are a very overpaid and under-worked bunch.

I`m slightly concerned that Storm Barras is going to unleash a shotgun full of snow over my house tomorrow afternoon, particularly on my satellite dish, which could have a dangerous effect on my plans to watch the Ashes from midnight tomorrow (and for most of the next five weeks :popcorn:)

May I once again suggest livetv.ru?
  • Like 1

As it turned out, it barely broke above a sleety shower today which was a shame as I was at my staring window, all ready to watch the whiteout. As long as I have electricity, I always have all the various official subscriptions at my fingertips :angel:
  • Like 2

As it turned out, it barely broke above a sleety shower today which was a shame as I was at my staring window, all ready to watch the whiteout. As long as I have electricity, I always have all the various official subscriptions at my fingertips :angel:

Are you watching the Mosconi Cup? Sounds like some things escaped from the zoo.
  • Like 1

I had a nap this evening but I had noticed the Pool had started - Ronnie taking care of business in 37 minutes gave me some bonus sleep time before the Cricket. Haven`t seen a match wrapped up so fast since I used to watch Steffi Graf`s legs.
  • Like 1

I had a nap this evening but I had noticed the Pool had started - Ronnie taking care of business in 37 minutes gave me some bonus sleep time before the Cricket. Haven`t seen a match wrapped up so fast since I used to watch Steffi Graf`s legs.

If he gets by Wenbo, he should be all right till the quarters. Murphy has had some 'problems' lately.
  • Like 1

If he gets by Wenbo, he should be all right till the quarters. Murphy has had some 'problems' lately.

I think he`s made the mental transition from the table to the commentary box, which is a blow to those of us with televisions and ears.
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned