The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

I watched two minutes from the first half, and a further two in the second, from Everton vs Arsenal. On both occasions, Everton were celebrating a goal which was then nullified by VAR. I`m trying to process whether I`m a good omen and if so, for which side, and also, if Everton scored about 45 illegal goals over the 90 minutes and I tuned in and watched a perfectly regular occurrence from the match :eh:

Thank you for joining the Wisla game 27 seconds in, as Warta's goal got called off due to an offside play. Well done. :clap:

Let me know when and whom you need me to visit some Bad Magumbo upon :fury:

I wish you could do something about the snobbiness of the Colorado Avalanche broadcasters, but I understand you're too busy with the ones in Britain.

Yes, I`ve been very busy with the British avalanche broadcasters, very busy :rage: They are a very overpaid and under-worked bunch.

I`m slightly concerned that Storm Barras is going to unleash a shotgun full of snow over my house tomorrow afternoon, particularly on my satellite dish, which could have a dangerous effect on my plans to watch the Ashes from midnight tomorrow (and for most of the next five weeks :popcorn:)

May I once again suggest livetv.ru?

As it turned out, it barely broke above a sleety shower today which was a shame as I was at my staring window, all ready to watch the whiteout. As long as I have electricity, I always have all the various official subscriptions at my fingertips :angel:

Are you watching the Mosconi Cup? Sounds like some things escaped from the zoo.

I had a nap this evening but I had noticed the Pool had started - Ronnie taking care of business in 37 minutes gave me some bonus sleep time before the Cricket. Haven`t seen a match wrapped up so fast since I used to watch Steffi Graf`s legs.

If he gets by Wenbo, he should be all right till the quarters. Murphy has had some 'problems' lately.

I think he`s made the mental transition from the table to the commentary box, which is a blow to those of us with televisions and ears.

Obviously he's not making enough as a snooker player...thanks to amateurs. :P Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1

I watched two minutes from the first half, and a further two in the second, from Everton vs Arsenal. On both occasions, Everton were celebrating a goal which was then nullified by VAR. I`m trying to process whether I`m a good omen and if so, for which side, and also, if Everton scored about 45 illegal goals over the 90 minutes and I tuned in and watched a perfectly regular occurrence from the match :eh:

Thank you for joining the Wisla game 27 seconds in, as Warta's goal got called off due to an offside play. Well done. :clap:

I wish you could do something about the snobbiness of the Colorado Avalanche broadcasters, but I understand you're too busy with the ones in Britain.

Yes, I`ve been very busy with the British avalanche broadcasters, very busy :rage: They are a very overpaid and under-worked bunch.

I`m slightly concerned that Storm Barras is going to unleash a shotgun full of snow over my house tomorrow afternoon, particularly on my satellite dish, which could have a dangerous effect on my plans to watch the Ashes from midnight tomorrow (and for most of the next five weeks :popcorn:)

As it turned out, it barely broke above a sleety shower today which was a shame as I was at my staring window, all ready to watch the whiteout. As long as I have electricity, I always have all the various official subscriptions at my fingertips :angel:

I had a nap this evening but I had noticed the Pool had started - Ronnie taking care of business in 37 minutes gave me some bonus sleep time before the Cricket. Haven`t seen a match wrapped up so fast since I used to watch Steffi Graf`s legs.

If he gets by Wenbo, he should be all right till the quarters. Murphy has had some 'problems' lately.

I think he`s made the mental transition from the table to the commentary box, which is a blow to those of us with televisions and ears.

Obviously he's not making enough as a snooker player...thanks to amateurs. :P

I didn`t blame amateurs for my lack of success. I had the courage to admit my high break of 42 just wouldn`t get me where I wanted to be in the game :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

Obviously he's not making enough as a snooker player...thanks to amateurs. :P

I didn`t blame amateurs for my lack of success. I had the courage to admit my high break of 42 just wouldn`t get me where I wanted to be in the game :eyeroll:

That's 42 better than me. :gumby:
  • Like 1

So Liverpool's experimental B side humdrums its way into a perfect group stage. I don't have any analysis here; I just wanted to be that guy and mention it.

:dweez:

You also said it was the group of death, so you have balanced out your "that guy"-ness :tempted:
  • Like 1

So Liverpool's experimental B side humdrums its way into a perfect group stage. I don't have any analysis here; I just wanted to be that guy and mention it.

You also said it was the group of death, so you have balanced out your "that guy"-ness :tempted:

Yeah, I'm not sure if LFC are that good, or the other guys were less good than advertised, but it was more "The Group of a Mild Headache."

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not sure if LFC are that good, or the other guys were less good than advertised, but it was more "The Group of a Mild Headache."

Bit from column a), bit from column b). Not one of the classic group stages, due to power imbalance of most groups - a foreshadowing of what the pointless Super League would have been like most weeks :zzz:
  • Like 1

Well well... we witnessed the power of the snow. Maybe it was a message from the mountains.

Al Gore sucks. :P

;)

Seems like the mountains are too high tonight. La Dea will help me to spend more time with playing bass in the near future.

• Like 2

Well well... we witnessed the power of the snow. Maybe it was a message from the mountains.

;)

Seems like the mountains are too high tonight. La Dea will help me to spend more time with playing bass in the near future.

All is not lost, you still have Europa League, which is more than I can say for Legia. :hail:
  • Like 2

;)

All is not lost, you still have Europa League, which is more than I can say for Legia. :hail:

Ha ha ha, stupid Leicester jerks, in the Conference League... oh :16ton:
  • Like 1

;)

Ha ha ha, stupid Leicester jerks, in the Conference League... oh :16ton:

Had Legia scored from the spot in added time, Leicester would've advanced, and Warsaw would've received 210.000 EUROS. :lol:
  • Like 1

The Portland Timbers are playing the NYC Football Club (really went out on a limb with that name) and it's really windy and rainy. I can't imagine anything I'd be less interested in doing than playing or even less so, in the stands watching.

I remember once going to a Hutnik home game. The storm started at halftime and continued throughout the rest of the game. No covers at that stadium. All the spectators left before the start of the second half. I had the whole place to myself. What, it was an important Cup tie. :huh:

The Portland Timbers are playing the NYC Football Club (really went out on a limb with that name) and it's really windy and rainy. I can't imagine anything I'd be less interested in doing than playing or even less so, in the stands watching.

Well some a-holes haven't stopped rioting in Portland. During NYFC's goal celebration, a beverage container thrown by some miscreant in the stands strikes NY player Jesus Medina in the shoulder,possibly splashing into his face, and he hits the pitch. Fckuking moron.
  • Like 1

Well some a-holes haven't stopped rioting in Portland. During NYFC's goal celebration, a beverage container thrown by some miscreant in the stands strikes NY player Jesus Medina in the shoulder,possibly splashing into his face, and he hits the pitch. Fckuking moron.

Likely some drunk asshole. Hopefully they identified him and kicked his stupid ass out.

Likely some drunk asshole. Hopefully they identified him and kicked his stupid ass out.

Two drunk assholes who have been arrested but will only face possible misdemeanor charges.

• Like 1

I can't imagine anything I'd be less interested in doing than playing or even less so, in the stands watching.

I hope you remember that when I give you tickets for the Trump rally/Christian Right double-header :laughing guy:

I can't imagine anything I'd be less interested in doing than playing or even less so, in the stands watching.

I hope you remember that when I give you tickets for the Trump rally/Christian Right double-header :laughing guy:

I'd go to that just for the lulz.

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned