Mammoth WVH - New Album is Good

The only offspring of a legendary musician I have respect for is Jakob Dylan of The Wallflowers.

Jakob has released great music with The Wallflowers and on his own and rarely speaks about Bob Dylan.

This isn't the case with Wolfgang Van Halen.

I get it, it's a sad loss that Eddie is gone.

However I wonder if he's milking it for all it's worth.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 3

The only offspring of a legendary musician I have respect for is Jakob Dylan of The Wallflowers.

Jakob has released great music with The Wallflowers and on his own and rarely speaks about Bob Dylan.

If he's still talking about Eddie in the press, making tribute stuff to him etc, then yes - he's milking it and living in his father's shadow.

Myself, I hope he leaves the shadow. For starters, while Mammoth WVH is a nice callback - he shouldn't be using that as a permanent band name.

• Like 1

Is it always Wolfgang who brings up Eddie or is it the people interviewing him that are at fault for that? It's a fresh loss still, so of course it's going to come up a lot. Especially when his father is such a massive legend. If it's years from now and he's still going on and on about Eddie then you may have a point. But it's only been eight months since Eddie died and Wolf is definitely still in the middle of the grieving process. If talking about his dad publically is helping him to get through this then I don't see the issue. Think about this, if your dad was Eddie Van Halen would you ever stop talking about that? I'm not sure if I ever could.

• Like 4

I preordered limited edition signed copies of his new album on CD and Vinyl. Waiting for it to arrive.

Listened to it on vinyl.

10/10

• Like 1

Good review Rod.

That sums up pretty well how I feel about it too. Wolf knows how to write catchy pop rock hooks. He's doing things his own way musically and trying to be different from his dad. He's off to a very good start.

• Like 1

I won't listen to it knowing how the Van Halen brothers, especially Alex, treated Michael Anthony.

Wolf didn't do that. EVH and the drummer did. you can't even really blame the drummer either.... he's just a drummer. EVH was the brains of the operation.

Edited by grep

I won't listen to it knowing how the Van Halen brothers, especially Alex, treated Michael Anthony.

Wolf didn't do that. EVH and the drummer did. you can't even really blame the drummer either.... he's just a drummer. EVH was the brains of the operation.

I want to reply to this using a mugshot, which doesn't really look like a normal mugshot...

MorrisonJim.jpg