THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

Last night I was getting something from my garage and I saw a Bosch reciprocating saw lying on a towel on the floor. I picked it up to look at it and it looks new but there was no battery or blades around. I have a couple of other Bosch tools but I'm 100% positive I didn't buy this and my wife claims she didn't either. Had I bought it I would have also got some blades because it's unusable without them. I am truly perplexed. 

I was watching the KISS End of the Road PPV tonight.  It was OK.

There was a gal in the pit , stage right, in front of Gene - wearing a Rush Tour Baseball Jersey.    Thought that was kind of cool.

7 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Last night I was getting something from my garage and I saw a Bosch reciprocating saw lying on a towel on the floor. I picked it up to look at it and it looks new but there was no battery or blades around. I have a couple of other Bosch tools but I'm 100% positive I didn't buy this and my wife claims she didn't either. Had I bought it I would have also got some blades because it's unusable without them. I am truly perplexed. 

you could turn this event into a handyman horror story

I still loathe the ICE vs. EV debate, with extreme views from both sides ultimately contributing nothing positive to the discussion. It is just tedious. I’ve said it countless times, but The Future will be comprised of many different modes of power – ICE, EVs, fuel cells and developments we haven’t even heard of yet. Much to the disappointment of many, there are no ”finger-snaps” available, or a giant switch that can be pulled to make it all instantly happen either. This is going to unfold over decades

Truth...

On 11/25/2023 at 3:39 PM, That One Guy said:

60%+ of the time, Mith earns the hate. There are situations where he doesn't and gets dog-piled on that I sympathize with, though.

If you're going to be a lefty on SOCN, you will be held to a higher standard of conduct than others and treated like a second-class forum citizen. If you can accept that, and accept some old shits being hateful, you can still have a good time inside.

I tried again, and its weird.

standard of conduct ? IDK, it seems like an alternate reality minefield. My version of reality is supported by sworn testimony under oath by people who have the same ideological beliefs as they do. Sworn testimony by people who were employed by the man many of them are loyal to.

Their reality is supported by the likes of tucker, who despite making billions for his employer, was summarily fired because what routinely came out of his mouth was not the truth. The media that they follow have tons of folks just like Tucker,  it's what they believe but it's not supported by arbitrary evidence. Or evidence obtained under oath.

Edited by GabesCavesOfIce
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

Truth...

PMD or TOG???

I still bristle at the popularity of giant pickup trucks and SUVs. The automobile business has always been a faddish-fashion business, but this trend has left me cold from the start. I see people careening around in vehicles big enough to blot out the sun that they can barely park – with the emphasis on barely – so they can conquer the canyons of Costco and the hollers of Home Depot. It’s just so much rolling stupidity.

On 12/3/2023 at 3:39 PM, JohnRogers said:

PMD or TOG???

"I still bristle at the popularity of giant pickup trucks and SUVs. The automobile business has always been a faddish-fashion business, but this trend has left me cold from the start. I see people careening around in vehicles big enough to blot out the sun that they can barely park – with the emphasis on barely – so they can conquer the canyons of Costco and the hollers of Home Depot. It’s just so much rolling stupidity."

Very well put. Obese vehicles are a national f***ing epidemic of mental illness. The only reason I bought a midsize 4Runner was that nothing meeting the hyper reliable offroader criteria offered brand new was any smaller.

I literally go around just trying to make minor improvements when I dole out advice. I know I can't talk people out of SUVs or trucks... but I can at least talk them into a smaller SUV/truck half the time. F-150? Nah dude, you want a Tacoma/Ranger. Grand Cherokee? What are you, gay? Buy a Forester or something, you don't actually go offroad and you're empty-nesters.

10 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Very well put. Obese vehicles are a national f***ing epidemic of mental illness. The only reason I bought a midsize 4Runner was that nothing meeting the hyper reliable offroader criteria offered brand new was any smaller.

I literally go around just trying to make minor improvements when I dole out advice. I know I can't talk people out of SUVs or trucks... but I can at least talk them into a smaller SUV/truck half the time. F-150? Nah dude, you want a Tacoma/Ranger. Grand Cherokee? What are you, gay? Buy a Forester or something, you don't actually go offroad and you're empty-nesters.

Yeah, those people are garbage but...but...but without them does the OEM sell enough to build those capable off-roaders? Pentastar Challengers let Stella sell Hellcat Challengers.