R30 seems like a rarity, odd.

Bahamas

I chose this forum over the below "tour related discussions" because it is mostly about the tour release.

Why is R30 not available on the Shop The Rush Backstage Official Store? Ok, that is perhaps a question unanswerable, but pretty much all the other releases are available for purchase.

I know Frankfurt was perhaps not the best show on the tour, but it is the recording they made for release.

I searched on these forums by about five pages on a couple of sub-forums (I know R30 is out here somewhere and I have read the search option is a good tool) but the search parameters and such did not bring up a topic to add to, so asking here.

Yesterday my R30 concert blue ray finally arrived in the mail (over a week late) from Amazon. Why should I have to pay some shmuck (sorry said schmuck) on Amazon an extra buck when it could be sold with other albums at TRBOS?

Thoughts appreciated. Am I missing a secret link to buy from the same source I have used often in the past?

I share your frustration, have tried multiple times to get the Blu-Ray since it has all the songs, the early version didn't include all the songs. I tried both Amazon and Ebay and had to return them both since they didn't have the right copy. I would rather give the Rush website my business but like someone else said, it's out of print so they probably don't stock it anymore. Going to try Discogs and see if I can get it.
  • Like 1

This one from Amazonia appears to be an official release, 35 songs + the R30 Overture set list, 5 interviews and the Anthem Vault (which I have not listened to, yet) with Fly By Night, some sound checks and down to Closer To The Heart all on one blue-ray disc, nice accompanying booklet of photos. And humorous choices, I like the vibe of the tour.

I just wish I didn't have to sort through another avenue to find the right format, trust the reviews, etc.

And lots of albums are older but still "in print". How about the Rush site offering all of the catalogue.

And offer Victor and My Favorite Headache as well! Geeze...

• Like 1

I chose this forum over the below "tour related discussions" because it is mostly about the tour release.

Why is R30 not available on the Shop The Rush Backstage Official Store? Ok, that is perhaps a question unanswerable, but pretty much all the other releases are available for purchase.

I know Frankfurt was perhaps not the best show on the tour, but it is the recording they made for release.

I searched on these forums by about five pages on a couple of sub-forums (I know R30 is out here somewhere and I have read the search option is a good tool) but the search parameters and such did not bring up a topic to add to, so asking here.

Yesterday my R30 concert blue ray finally arrived in the mail (over a week late) from Amazon. Why should I have to pay some shmuck (sorry said schmuck) on Amazon an extra buck when it could be sold with other albums at TRBOS?

Thoughts appreciated. Am I missing a secret link to buy from the same source I have used often in the past?

I managed to snag a copy of the Complete Blu-ray Edition on Amazon a while back. But it was Region Locked and would only play on my PS4. What i really want to find is a decently priced copy of the Rush Replay X3 DVD Box set. It's impossible to find now for sale. I've only ever seen used copies for sale that are super pricey for no reason.

Edited by TheGhostRider
  • Like 1

The original release being the incomplete show made no sense to me. I think their explanation at the time was they didn't want to include too many songs that were also on Rio, which is dumb. Anyone who's going to buy both is going to want the complete show. I'm glad when they reissued the show on blu-ray they included the whole concert.

I replaced all my standalone blu-rays with the R40 box set that was released in 2014. That's worth getting for the extras.

• Like 3

I didn't even know that it wasn't for sale anymore. Got both the CD and DVD back when it was released.

So did I.

I never got the full R30 set until the R40 Box was released. That one could be out of print now too.

This one from Amazonia appears to be an official release, 35 songs + the R30 Overture set list, 5 interviews and the Anthem Vault (which I have not listened to, yet) with Fly By Night, some sound checks and down to Closer To The Heart all on one blue-ray disc, nice accompanying booklet of photos. And humorous choices, I like the vibe of the tour.

I just wish I didn't have to sort through another avenue to find the right format, trust the reviews, etc.

And lots of albums are older but still "in print". How about the Rush site offering all of the catalogue.

And offer Victor and My Favorite Headache as well! Geeze...

Only thing that seems to be missing on your R30 is the 2 CD set of the original edit which was on the original R30 set. .

• Like 1

The original release being the incomplete show made no sense to me. I think their explanation at the time was they didn't want to include too many songs that were also on Rio, which is dumb. Anyone who's going to buy both is going to want the complete show. I'm glad when they reissued the show on blu-ray they included the whole concert.

I replaced all my standalone blu-rays with the R40 box set that was released in 2014. That's worth getting for the extras.

The only reason I got it was for the partial the Test For Echo show. (The full R30 too.) That was what made R40 worth it for me.

Over the years many album's go out of print, some permanently and some temporarily. At some point there may be another run produced but anyone who really wants it can probably find it. The main thing I never got is the 1997 Toronto show because I didn't want to buy a box set for one thing I didn't have.
  • Like 3