The 2021 NHL Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

K-niggits with the OT win to earn the 3-2 lead!

Shall we ask you to go away or we will taunt you a second time??? Love Monty Python :D

• Like 3

I'm making a correction. In these playoffs, so far, Montreal has won seven, and not eight in a row, right now. In the second round, they were able to get past Winnipeg into the third round, which is the semi-finals. They'll be playing against the winner of Colorado, and Vegas. In a perfect world, Montreal shouldn't, and won't be able to get past either Colorado, or Vegas for making it through to the Stanley Cup Finals. Montreal might very well get swept four straight. I hope that will be the case.

Oh, Yeah, I guess I thought they were down 0-3 then won out consecutively. But looking back the were down 1-3 before going on their current streak.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

On another hockey note. It's amazing to me how the Habs were down 0-3 in the 1st round and now after winning 8 :huh: in a row are also moving on to round 3...

They may end up getting swept themselves, they are going to be run over by either the Avs or Vegas.

There's always the old "will the winner of the previous series have expended too much energy" question; if the Knights and the Avs keep going at each other hammer and tongs for seven games while the Habs rest?

• Like 1

I had to look him up...he has two shutouts He's from Alaska. .

And just like that, the guy who Tweeted that report about Rask not playing just Tweeted this:

In regards to my earlier report on Rask: I was hearing high levels of concern from #NHLBruins medical team, felt confident enough to make the call. Rask was extremely adamant on playing and it looks like they gave in to his demands.

Will Rask be playing tonight? If he's in top form he should play !!

I'm making a correction. In these playoffs, so far, Montreal has won seven, and not eight in a row, right now. In the second round, they were able to get past Winnipeg into the third round, which is the semi-finals. They'll be playing against the winner of Colorado, and Vegas. In a perfect world, Montreal shouldn't, and won't be able to get past either Colorado, or Vegas for making it through to the Stanley Cup Finals. Montreal might very well get swept four straight. I hope that will be the case.

Oh, Yeah, I guess I thought they were down 0-3 then won out consecutively. But looking back the were down 1-3 before going on their current streak.

You were simply giving Montreal a win in the first game in the semis. I like the way you think. :cheers:
  • Like 1

Shall we ask you to go away or we will taunt you a second time??? Love Monty Python :D

Would you care to join us in the 'YOU'RE NO FUN ANYMORE" thread?
  • Like 1

And the Islanders advance with a 3-1 win.

Nope, bwahaha! Rask, sheesh!

Boston sports radio knew it was over the minute Cassidy said Rask would start. We knew McAvoy would be targeted because he's the only defenseman left worth a damn. But hey. We drafted DeBrusk instead of Barzal.

I didn't see the Isles-Bruins game, but saw the Bruins coach was whinging about the refs -- anything to it?

I really didn't see it, to be honest. Full disclosure, I HATE people complaining about the refs or umps unless it's really egregious, like someone gets a concussion from being boarded and no penalty was called, or a goal is scored by someone who was in the offensive zone for a minute before the puck entered. Something like that.

Of couse, (for LABT's benefit), nothing is worse than whining about the PSI of a football. :)

It's not disappointing that people known to completely lack integrity would cheat to get an unfair advantage, it's more that the American Enterprise Institute would sell their credibility for little enough that it didn't even eat too much into Mr. Kraft's hand job fund.

Still lots of hockey to play bit the 73 Islanders are up 4-1 with 2 minutes left in the 2nd.

So, how about a rematch?

Tampa is deeper and more talented than the Pens or Bruins, and they're healthier than they were in last season's playoffs when they won it all. So, honestly, I'm not expecting the Isles to win, not unless they come up with some magic game plan to neutralize all of Tampa's firepower.

• Like 3

I have looked in on it a few times but you guys really know some obscure bits that I have never heard. Still, got to have something to do once the playoffs are over... :gumby:

• Like 1

Still lots of hockey to play bit the 73 Islanders are up 4-1 with 2 minutes left in the 2nd.

So, how about a rematch?

Tampa is deeper and more talented than the Pens or Bruins, and they're healthier than they were in last season's playoffs when they won it all. So, honestly, I'm not expecting the Isles to win, not unless they come up with some magic game plan to neutralize all of Tampa's firepower.

Yes the stage is set! It should be a great series rematch. Tampa has the ability to be an absolute juggernaut but also still have a tendency to sit back or layoff the gas too much sometimes even play stupid!!! We do have "star" power but I think we're lacking a "Puck Hog"! One who's mentality when they get the puck on their stick is "Meet Me At Their Net!!"

The Isles are more "Blue Collar" for lack of a better term, have a master mind for a coach and are playing in absolute "Buzz Saw" mode!!! Mix in a little vengeance factor I see them as an very formidable opponent. The Lightning better be prepared for a huge battle! I have not read up on anything yet this morning but I assume Tampa will have home ice advantage? Also I'm not sure when round 3 will start I am assuming this weekend?

Only time will tell!!

Here's to round 3! :cheers:

May the best team win!

GO BOLTS!!!

:hockey:

• Like 1

Congrats to the Islanders. They outplayed the Bruins in pretty much every facet of the game. Going forward the Bruins have to get offense from someone other than the first line or Krejci. I love DeBrusk, but this postseason he was horrible. As were Coyle, Hall and pretty much the rest of the forwards. Maybe that's more about the teams they played. Defensively, McAvoy has to get more reliable. He's capable of amazing play, but he also makes a lot of horrific, and often catastrophic, mistakes.

I hate Rask. He's obviously talented, but he is never going to bail the team out the way truly elite goalies do. I think he's done here in Boston, and I wouldn't be surprised if he retires altogether. But quite a few of the goals this series really weren't his fault. The team put him in a lot of difficult spots. Unfortunately, as I said, he is not the type of goalie who can withstand that over the long haul.

Other than the Canadiens or Tampa, I'd be fine with any other team winning it all. So I guess I'm hoping for an Islanders vs. Avs/Knights final. I can't believe I'm saying that about a NY team.

• Like 3

I didn't see the Isles-Bruins game, but saw the Bruins coach was whinging about the refs -- anything to it?

I really didn't see it, to be honest. Full disclosure, I HATE people complaining about the refs or umps unless it's really egregious, like someone gets a concussion from being boarded and no penalty was called, or a goal is scored by someone who was in the offensive zone for a minute before the puck entered. Something like that.

Of couse, (for LABT's benefit), nothing is worse than whining about the PSI of a football. :)

It's not disappointing that people known to completely lack integrity would cheat to get an unfair advantage, it's more that the American Enterprise Institute would sell their credibility for little enough that it didn't even eat too much into Mr. Kraft's hand job fund.

I'm going to let this go because you, correctly, referred to him as "Mr. Kraft."

• Like 1

My preferences for who's left...

Vegas

Montreal

Colorado

NY

Tampa

Well at least Tampa is on your list!

So far that's better than most of the national NHL coverage. ;)

:LMAO:

• Like 1

I'm sure the network execs are secretly praying for a Montreal New York final. Colorado Tampa might not even be televised live.

They'd be praying for that if it were the New York Rangers. The Isles may reside just outside of NY City and be a New York team, but as far as NBC and the press are concerned they may as well play in North Dakota.

I'm sure NBC is pissed that Boston is out. Aside from the original six Habs there's nothing but smaller market teams left, and Montreal might even be considered small market at this point, especially compared to the Leafs.

• Like 2

I'm sure the network execs are secretly praying for a Montreal New York final. Colorado Tampa might not even be televised live.

They'd be praying for that if it were the New York Rangers. The Isles may reside just outside of NY City and be a New York team, but as far as NBC and the press are concerned they may as well play in North Dakota.

I'm sure NBC is pissed that Boston is out. Aside from the original six Habs there's nothing but smaller market teams left, and Montreal might even be considered small market at this point, especially compared to the Leafs.

If the Islanders were from North Dakota, I'd be happier about them winning. :)

• Like 2

Vegas

Montreal

Colorado

NY

Tampa

I for one will be glad when the season is over and we are done with NBC broadcasting the NHL.

I have looked in on it a few times but you guys really know some obscure bits that I have never heard. :gumby:

Yeah, especially the ones about 73.

Vegas

Montreal

Colorado

NY

Tampa

I for one will be glad when the season is over and we are done with NBC broadcasting the NHL.

:ebert: :finbar: