Watch this thread go over like a Blister with Crooked Teeth! Death Cab For Cutie vs. Jimmy Eat World

Entre_Perpetuo

choose one  

7 members have voted

1. 1. band

• Death Cab For Cutie
    • Jimmy Eat World
  2. 2. most popular album

• Death Cab For Cutie - Plans
    • Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
  3. 3. critics' / fans' darling

• Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism
    • Jimmy Eat World - Clarity

Well this won't get a lot of attention, or maybe it will! Who knows? Two late 90s, early 00's alt rock / emo giants pitted against each other TO THE DEATH! ...okay not to the death. But it's important all the same! Segue I'm counting on you to get this to at least 15 posts! Lol.

The only song I can say I know for sure by either is The Middle from Jimmy Eat World.

So, I vote for them then?

Perhaps as a place holder until you give the four albums (or even just two of them) in the poll a try?

I vote for Jimmy Eat World on the strength of the fact that I have heard one song by them (on Guitar Hero) and nothing by Death Cab For Cutie!

Not a great basis for voting but hey ho .... I feel compelled to exercise my constitutional obligations!

In the description, you described their styles as alt rock/emo ......... that alone would put me off listening to them lol!

Edited by zepphead

The only song I can say I know for sure by either is The Middle from Jimmy Eat World.

So, I vote for them then?

Perhaps as a place holder until you give the four albums (or even just two of them) in the poll a try?

Yeah, there's no way I'm wasting my time doing that. But I did find out that I do know a Death Cab song, I Will Follow You Into The Dark.

Jimmy win all these rounds for me, but make no mistake, Death Cab For Cutie are one of the best indie/emo bands of all time!

Throw in Juliana Theory, Further Seems Forever, Texas Is The Reason, Funeral For A Friend, Thrice, Taking Back Sunday, Copeland, Coheed And Cambria, Circa Survive...amazing AMAZING stuff!

• Like 2

Jimmy win all these rounds for me, but make no mistake, Death Cab For Cutie are one of the best indie/emo bands of all time!

Throw in Juliana Theory, Further Seems Forever, Texas Is The Reason, Funeral For A Friend, Thrice, Taking Back Sunday, Copeland, Coheed And Cambria, Circa Survive...amazing AMAZING stuff!

This is what I'm talking about! More bands I've never heard of to add to my knowledge base! Segue, what Death Cab albums would you potentially rate over what Jimmy Eat World albums, if any?

This is what I'm talking about! More bands I've never heard of to add to my knowledge base! Segue, what Death Cab albums would you potentially rate over what Jimmy Eat World albums, if any?

Oof...............controversial but none...although I could rank Transatlantic above maybe half the Jimmy discography (but it's a masterpiece...)

• Like 1

Oof...............controversial but none...although I could rank Transatlantic above maybe half the Jimmy discography (but it's a masterpiece...)

I kinda thought so. I was thinking about what I was going to vote last night, and as much as I love Death Cab I'm really not sure I can vote for them in... any of the poll options here, lol. Maybe I could put Transatlanticism over Clarity, but I also just listened to it yesterday so...

Never got into Death Cab and I have Bleed American so it's Jimmy for me.

Controversial but Bleed American isn't a top Jimmy albums for me!!!

After hearing both Clarity and Futures I totally get that. Bleed American is really immediate where those other two like to go deeper and take their time.

• Like 1

After hearing both Clarity and Futures I totally get that. Bleed American is really immediate where those other two like to go deeper and take their time.

Here is my ranking:

1. Futures

2. Invented

3. Clarity

4. Integrity Blues

5. Static Prevails

6. Chase This Light

7. Damage

8. Bleed American

9. Surviving

10. Jimmy Eat World

Hasten to add, the first nine albums are all classic level status for me in the genre. Surviving is lowest because I've lived with it the least. It's like to raise in my rankings!!!

• Like 1

Oh hey I finally found Segue's list of emo recs during a random forum search! I'll have to check some of these out.

And this isn't the first time I've said that, lol. I'm forgetful about recs, truly. I'm still trying to get around to Nightwish!