TRF’s Top 60 BEST Things That Happened in 2020

JohnnyBlaze

2020’s Face  

18 members have voted

1. 1. All things considered, how about 2020?

• It’s been the worst year of my life.
    • It’s been the best year of my life.
    • I’ve had worse years in my life.
    • I can’t say it’s been a good year but I can say that I’ve been lucky in some regards.
    • I’m numb. I welcome the upcoming new year with open arms.
    • The Mandalorian is the only positive in my life right now but at least it’s something.
    • I deserve a pat on the back, a high five, and a beer for keeping it together in this crazy ass year.
    • ((Other))

Curbside pickup, especially at Lowe's or Home Depot! So nice to be able to look online, find the right thing and have it waiting for you.

My local breweries in Claremont and Upland have done that so that's nice.

The Yanks and cheating Astros did not win the World Series and the Yanks were beaten by Tampa Bay of all teams. :laughing guy: Still stuck at 27.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Quibi flopping and becoming extinct

Two programs aside, nothing interested me there. It's the video streaming equivalent of Zune and for good reason. What were they thinking?

Also, COVID and 2020 did not take Keith Richards. COVID is Chuck Norris and Keith is Bruce Lee.

The Covid Pandemic.

It was the one event that exposed how incompetent the current government leadership is.

Brexit was already illustrating that in the UK, but Covid removed all doubt.

Boris is having a shocker!!!
  • Like 1

I got another year with both my parents who are now 88 & 87, have been married 67 years and still are able to live in their house which we moved into in October of 1965.

The Dodgers won the World Series

I had the engine in my motorcycle rebuilt from a factory 88 c.i. to a 103 c.i. Stroker.......it ain't a crotch rocket but she's got way more oomph. :)

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 2

I got another year with both my parents who are now 88 & 87, have been married 67 years and still are able to live in their house which we moved into in October of 1965.

The Dodgers won the World Series

I had the engine in my motorcycle rebuilt from a factory 88 c.i. to a 103 c.i. Stroker.......it ain't a crotch rocket but she's got way more oomph. :)

That’s a helluva bright side! :blaze:

I knew some of you TRFers would deliver! :hail:

Prince's Sign O The Times reissue came out. Lot of great extra stuff there. I just ordered the basic 2 LP vinyl on Amazon with my gift card from my half sister. 1999 and Around The World In A Day are the only Prince albums I have on vinyl thus far.

It's my 2nd favorite Prince album behind Controversy of all that I've heard many times since he's got about 40-50. :lol:

Prince's Sign O The Times reissue came out. Lot of great extra stuff there. I just ordered the basic 2 LP vinyl on Amazon with my gift card from my half sister. 1999 and Around The World In A Day are the only Prince albums I have on vinyl thus far.

It's my 2nd favorite Prince album behind Controversy of all that I've heard many times since he's got about 40-50. :lol:

Sign O The Times is fantastic.
  • Like 1

I counted and we’re stuck at 25? :unsure:

We don't have much good in 2020 do we?

We’re not thinking hard enough. It’s easy to forget the good when there’s a lot of shittiness around.

Here’s #28:

Rafael Nadal won his 13th French Open by manhandling #1 Novak Djokovic in the final. As a result, he tied Roger Federer’s record of 20 Grand Slam titles.

29. The Nashville bomb killed the bomber and nobody else!

30. A very subjective one... but my wife and I have a much better marriage than we did, especially as we nearly split up last year and generally, things were terrible. Spending time together without the stresses of the outside world has improved our relationship. I understand this may not be in everyone`s Top 30 :P

• Like 5

29. The Nashville bomb killed the bomber and nobody else!

30. A very subjective one... but my wife and I have a much better marriage than we did, especially as we nearly split up last year and generally, things were terrible. Spending time together without the stresses of the outside world has improved our relationship. I understand this may not be in everyone`s Top 30 :P

:goodone:

Congrats on that! Reconnectingvhas been a COVID silver lining for a lot of people, as has learning to be happy living more simply.

:cheers:

• Like 1

#31. To some degree, an end to celebrity culture. With mass gatherings on pause, the media famous just didn't matter much in 2020.

And when they tried to show how they understood our pain, it was with a cringe-making version of Imagine, from a lockdown party in the Maldives, or from a bathtub filled with rose petals and champagne.

#31. To some degree, an end to celebrity culture. With mass gatherings on pause, the media famous just didn't matter much in 2020.

And when they tried to show how they understood our pain, it was with a cringe-making version of Imagine, from a lockdown party in the Maldives, or from a bathtub filled with rose petals and champagne.

Tone deaf, lol!
  • Like 1