What in the world of music did you learn today?

Entre_Perpetuo

Sting writes his songs in modes, Dorian ex Fortress around your heart, Aeolian- I Burn for You. :musicnote: ;)
  • Like 1

Sting writes his songs in modes, Dorian ex Fortress around your heart, Aeolian- I Burn for You. :musicnote: ;)

So. This. I took an online Music Theory 101 class at Berklee a few months ago and I think they're going to get into all of that in 201, but I was comped the first class and can't afford the next series, lol. Anyway, given what I learned with the chords and such, these modes and Sting in particular, that's SO fascinating!!

• Like 1

So. This. I took an online Music Theory 101 class at Berklee a few months ago and I think they're going to get into all of that in 201, but I was comped the first class and can't afford the next series, lol. Anyway, given what I learned with the chords and such, these modes and Sting in particular, that's SO fascinating!!

It's a big reason as to why I appreciate Sting's music so much. His use of musical structure is brilliant. Someone here in TRF said Sting's music lacks melody, but that couldn't be farther from the truth.
  • Like 2

Why Dennis DeYoung left Styx, who replaced him and that the drummer and bass player were twin brothers. Read some Wikipedia while listening to the band today, been doing that a lot lately.
  • Like 2

Why Dennis DeYoung left Styx, who replaced him and that the drummer and bass player were twin brothers. Read some Wikipedia while listening to the band today, been doing that a lot lately.

I almost always read wiki while listening to new things.

• Like 1

There's some sax playing on La Dee Da by Foo Fighters performed by Dave Koz. You have to listen real close to it to hear it since it's buried underneath all that rock sound in the instrumental and end. It's similar to the style of Porl Thompson on Cure songs like Give Me It.
  • Like 1

That the classic rock radio stable "Blinded By The Light" is a cover.

I believe it's Springsteen's only #1

DITD went to number 2. The Reflex and When Doves Cry kept it out of number one.

60630473e6be568fc63aa65e4469a3e5.gif
  • Like 1

There's some sax playing on La Dee Da by Foo Fighters performed by Dave Koz. You have to listen real close to it to hear it since it's buried underneath all that rock sound in the instrumental and end. It's similar to the style of Porl Thompson on Cure songs like Give Me It.

Have you seen the clip where Dave Grohl is being interviewed about the time Christopher Walken introduced them on stage and pronounced their name funny?

Megadeth is looking for a new bass player.......

I don’t think they’ve fired him? Not yet anyway. Definitely a scandalous situation but there’s been no outright firing that I’ve seen yet.

• Like 1

I’m embarrassed to admit because I’m no young pup. I learned that Emerson, Lake and Palmer don’t have a song called Come And See The Show. Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

I’m embarrassed to admit because I’m no young pup. I learned that Emerson, Lake and Palmer don’t have a song called Come And See The Show.

Don't feel bad, first time I heard it I thought it was called "Welcome Back My Friends". Of course that was on FM radio in like '73 when it was still really alternative/nearly underground.

• Like 1

I don’t think they’ve fired him? Not yet anyway. Definitely a scandalous situation but there’s been no outright firing that I’ve seen yet.

I think he is toast.

Mustaine will protect his status of biggest wanker in megadeth!

• Like 2

I think he is toast.

Mustaine will protect his status of biggest wanker in megadeth!

Adios Junior!

Not at all surprised

Sting gets $2k a day in royalties because Puff..whatever the hell he calls himself now didn't ask permission to sample Every Breath You Take to honor Biggie Smalls. I feel sorry for Andy Summers because only his guitar was sampled but Sting got the copyright. Edited by invisible airwave

Sting gets $2k a day in royalties because Puff..whatever the hell he calls himself now didn't ask permission to sample Every Breath You Take to honor Biggie Smalls. I feel sorry for Andy Summers because only his guitar was sampled but Sting got the copyright.

It was Sting's melody. :)
  • Like 1

Sting gets $2k a day in royalties because Puff..whatever the hell he calls himself now didn't ask permission to sample Every Breath You Take to honor Biggie Smalls. I feel sorry for Andy Summers because only his guitar was sampled but Sting got the copyright.

It was Sting's melody. :)

Quotation-Ozzy-Osbourne-Sometimes-I-m-scared-of-being-Ozzy-Osbourne-But-it-63-75-42.jpg

• Like 2