The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

That`s a really cool way to play out the last few minutes... just keep the ball :ebert:

English tiki-taka, eh? :wub:

:D We didn`t kick off like that though :no:

You may have to try to have a chance against Italy. :P

We should line-up the entire team on our goal line for 120 minutes and rely on rebounds, and if that doesn`t work, snatch it on pens :popcorn:

But next to Spain, you're the worst penalty taking nation in the world. :huh:

Then we`ll quickly change the Covid rules, abandon the game and rely on drawing straws. And keep doing that until we win, alright? :smash:
  • Like 1

If England could beat Ukraine and Denmark, then face Italy, that`d be perfect final for me - my words on 30th June.

Not too shabby :blush: Apart from the grammar error.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 4

That`s a really cool way to play out the last few minutes... just keep the ball :ebert:

We should line-up the entire team on our goal line for 120 minutes and rely on rebounds, and if that doesn`t work, snatch it on pens :popcorn:

Then we`ll quickly change the Covid rules, abandon the game and rely on drawing straws. And keep doing that until we win, alright? :smash:

You'd have to have a Polish referee on VAR duty. :gumby:
  • Like 1

You'd have to have a Polish referee on VAR duty. :gumby:

It`s okay, you can stand down. Southgate`s ordered 60,000 green laser pointers :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Gotta feel for Morata. Death threats to him and his family during this tournament. Let's hope nothing stupid happens.

No love for Hubert Hurkacz? You must hate Tennis to have kept quiet :eh:

He has to play an Italian in the semifinal. :eyeroll:

Poor Hubert. He`s crumbled like a batch of Ciastka Kruche. McEnroe said he`s in "desperation and panic mode".

Gotta feel for Morata. Death threats to him and his family during this tournament. Let's hope nothing stupid happens.

Poor Hubert. He`s crumbled like a batch of Ciastka Kruche. McEnroe said he`s in "desperation and panic mode".

I blame Olmo. :moon:

Well you ever forgive him? And more to the point, who will be the Olmo of the final? 2021`s Southgate, if you will. It`s all been going so smoothly for England, I wonder if someone will get sent off within two minutes, or do a Sissoko and concede a penalty before they`ve even had a legit touch of the ball :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Well you ever forgive him? And more to the point, who will be the Olmo of the final? 2021`s Southgate, if you will. It`s all been going so smoothly for England, I wonder if someone will get sent off within two minutes, or do a Sissoko and concede a penalty before they`ve even had a legit touch of the ball :facepalm:

Well, you've got the lasers and another Dutch referee who will call a penalty when Sterling goes down. :ebert:
  • Like 1

Well, you've got the lasers and another Dutch referee who will call a penalty when Sterling goes down. :ebert:

It`s "dans le sac" then :yes:

Meanwhile, in the same universe, Edinburgh City start off their season in the Scottish League Cup. I`m not sure they`ve quite got the hang of this close season business :unsure:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2

And so it's England 2 Italy 1
  • Like 1

Interesting. Would you care to show your calculations? I don`t want any sadness for Sun & Moon but if it makes the old country a happier, less divisive place where I could even consider crossing the border of again one day, I`m not against that. As long as I`ll be welcome in the Uffizi Gallery too, I`m more likely to visit that than England :ph34r:
  • Like 3

Interesting. Would you care to show your calculations? I don`t want any sadness for Sun & Moon but if it makes the old country a happier, less divisive place where I could even consider crossing the border of again one day, I`m not against that. As long as I`ll be welcome in the Uffizi Gallery too, I`m more likely to visit that than England :ph34r:

Seems to me Italy is running out of gas as they've shown in their last game. It might have been because they tired themselves out chasing Spain all over the pitch, I hope that wasn't the only reason. I will give them one goal because they mention Polish blood in the anthem. As for England tallies, that I have divulged in my previous utterance.
  • Like 2

Seems to me Italy is running out of gas as they've shown in their last game. It might have been because they tired themselves out chasing Spain all over the pitch, I hope that wasn't the only reason. I will give them one goal because they mention Polish blood in the anthem. As for England tallies, that I have divulged in my previous utterance.

I think the titans at the back will have one more show of old school Italian defending in them and coupled with a little of the "antics" you seem to dislike, I see things as very equal. Although England seem to have smartened up with their own shenanigans and are strong at the back too... but I guess it`s just not possible to tip England whilst sober. I`ve seen Italy win so many things in my lifetime and have backed them ever since the `94 World Cup. Stupid Baggio... his penalty was no better than Diana Ross`s. It cost me £30, which was a lot in those days :sigh:

PS. There is a flying ant event over London on Sunday so there could be a swarm of biblical proportions to worry about too :doh:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 3

I think the titans at the back will have one more show of old school Italian defending in them and coupled with a little of the "antics" you seem to dislike, I see things as very equal. Although England seem to have smartened up with their own shenanigans and are strong at the back too... but I guess it`s just not possible to tip England whilst sober. I`ve seen Italy win so many things in my lifetime and have backed them ever since the `94 World Cup. Stupid Baggio... his penalty was no better than Diana Ross`s. It cost me £30, which was a lot in those days :sigh:

PS. There is a flying ant event over London on Sunday so there could be a swarm of biblical proportions to worry about too :doh:

I'm hoping we'll see more of Foden, but Southgate will probably hold him till the late stages of the second half again. :sigh: Oh, and I'm also counting on Maguire's head. :yay: Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 2

I am starting to get fed up with the OTT saturation media coverage now.

Frankly some of it is just jingoistic chest beating.

What the BBC/ITV seem to forget is that we are a nation of 4 countries.... not all English.

When a team in any sport from Scotland, Wales or N. Ireland reach a similar sporting height, it's a case of ... oh, good luck ...... next story please.

Lets get this match over and done with ... quickly please.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2

What the BBC/ITV seem to forget is that we are a nation of 4 countries.... not all English.

When a team in any sport from Scotland, Wales or N. Ireland reach a similar sporting height, it's a case of ... oh, good luck ...... next story please.

Italy will take care of it quickly... ;) :bang bang:

• Like 2

Italy will take care of it quickly... ;) :bang bang:

MafiaUSCov.jpg
  • Like 2

I have just read the sad news that former Ipswich & England footballer Paul Mariner has passed away at 68.

I am of an age where I can remember his career clearly - He was a fine player.

RIP Paul.

• Like 3

I have just read the sad news that former Ipswich & England footballer Paul Mariner has passed away at 68.

I am of an age where I can remember his career clearly - He was a fine player.

RIP Paul.

Agree totally about the coverage. I moved out of England because it had changed for the worst over the last 10 years or so. Longer, really. There's patriotism and then there is the extreme ugly version that all this coverage propagates unconsciously.

I remember Paul Mariner from my first years watching football, when he was at Ispwich. I didn`t know that he`d managed Toronto FC.

He had the same cancer as Mr Neil Peart.

RIP Paul

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

https://soccer.nbcsp...them-v-denmark/

:facepalm:

Nice fans you got there, England.

I don`t know who you are addressing... I think Malignant Narcissism will have to field this one as he`s in England. I refer you to the above post for my feelings on the matter :tsk:

Besides that, come back to me when the Houses of Parliament have been stormed :P

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

I don`t know who you are addressing... I think Malignant Narcissism will have to field this one as he`s in England. I refer you to the above post for my feelings on the matter :tsk:

Besides that, come back to me when the Houses of Parliament have been stormed :P

Twasn't addressing anyone in particular.

• Like 1

Twasn't addressing anyone in particular.

Bantz!
  • Like 1