The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

A disappointing result for Sun & Moon, Sassoulo bagging a point against Atlanta and ensuring Conte`s retirement home for old Premier League players - aka Inter - win their first Scudetto for eleven years. Pleased that Juve and Ronaldo have been stopped, but I would have preferred by someone else.
  • Like 1

A disappointing result for Sun & Moon, Sassoulo bagging a point against Atlanta and ensuring Conte`s retirement home for old Premier League players - aka Inter - win their first Scudetto for eleven years. Pleased that Juve and Ronaldo have been stopped, but I would have preferred by someone else.

Yes, that was a game of fouls and missed chances. I went for an hour's walk in the nearby forest after the match. Birdsong and early flowers of May before sunset melted away my dissapointment. Congrats to Inter!

• Like 1

Yes, that was a game of fouls and missed chances. I went for an hour's walk in the nearby forest after the match. Birdsong and early flowers of May before sunset melted away my dissapointment. Congrats to Inter!

I have some woods nearby too, but after this season I`d need to live there in a treehouse :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Manc trash invade the pitch at Old Trafford. Smashed some camera tripods, uprooted corner flags, took selfies, and buggered off.

The Glazers may suck, but how does this help? Shame.

Fcuk 'em, forfeit the game to Liverpool. Or do you want to be banned from the pitch on the Continent again, like, like a bunch of hooligans?

Edit: footballforums.net now mentioning possible 8 pm local time kick off (4 pm Eastern), as of 30 minutes ago teams have not left for bus ride to Old Trafford.

2nd edit: Too much damage, game postponed. Fcking assehoules!

An all round disgraceful situation. It does nothing for the club or the game.

Cracovia 1 Gornik 0 :) On the same day Wisla and Cracovia both avoid relegation. :cool:

Maybe we should all recalibrate our expectations to that, to avoid the soul-crushings every season :ebert:
  • Like 2

Cracovia 1 Gornik 0 :) On the same day Wisla and Cracovia both avoid relegation. :cool:

Maybe we should all recalibrate our expectations to that, to avoid the soul-crushings every season :ebert:

Except my teams don't have a Sheffield Utd to fall back on. :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

I`m still not thinking laterally enough, am I? The Championship! That`s how we could bring back the good times :drool:
  • Like 2

I`m still not thinking laterally enough, am I? The Championship! That`s how we could bring back the good times :drool:

It's a stupid name, isn't it? What are you a Champion of? Getting your head beat in by Premier League teams next season?
  • Like 2

It's a stupid name, isn't it? What are you a Champion of? Getting your head beat in by Premier League teams next season?

When the Premier League took that name in 1992, it left what Division One was sometimes called - The Championship - up for grabs, so the Chief Exec of the Football League took it a few years later. "You`re Champions of the English Football League! Hurrah! Don`t mention the PL!"
  • Like 1

Something for Norwich fans to look forward to, once again. :banghead:

• Like 3

I have some woods nearby too, but after this season I`d need to live there in a treehouse :facepalm:

:goodone: :LMAO: Sad but true. :(

• Like 1

Jose and Roma. At least this should prove if - as I suspect - it is impossible to win anything at Spurs, or whether Jose is truly cooked. Roma are even poorer with a less able squad but I suspect it`ll somehow result in a return to glory and much joyful sucking of wolf teats.
  • Like 1

Jose and Roma. At least this should prove if - as I suspect - it is impossible to win anything at Spurs, or whether Jose is truly cooked. Roma are even poorer with a less able squad but I suspect it`ll somehow result in a return to glory and much joyful sucking of wolf teats.

Don't forget he's going to get 7 million EURO from Roma and 9 million EURO from Tottenham for the next two years. :cool:
  • Like 2

Remains to be seen if the she-wolf can be milked any more than this season. Summer transfers will make some difference - or then not. The team has occasionally played some very beautiful football but the results of course are not satisfying for Roma. Let's see if Mourinho's style and Roma are a good match.

• Like 1

Man City vs Chelsea. A nightmare final for the members in this thread? :popcorn:

Is there a scenario where both teams lose???
  • Like 2

Man City vs Chelsea. A nightmare final for the members in this thread? :popcorn:

Is there a scenario where both teams lose???

I'm hoping for a cholera outbreak, followed by a swarm of locusts.

• Like 2

A great result for everyone`s favourite Spanish side (if only for the evening and the Europa League final against Utd), the unsinkable yellow submarine, Villareal! First rate entertainment from UEFA`s second string competition :7up:
  • Like 3

I like watching City. I don`t approve of the sportswashing by their owners.
  • Like 3

What a magnificent performance! We outran them, played expansively, scored three great goals and justified our place among the self-proclaimed Big Six. Superb.

Hang on a minute... what do you mean Spurs were playing in green?