The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

A beautiful 5 - 0 win for Atalanta yesterday evening. Bologna, being one man down, didn't stand a ghost of a chance and that was a pity. Atalanta took the second place in the league, very well deserved.
  • Like 1

A beautiful 5 - 0 win for Atalanta yesterday evening. Bologna, being one man down, didn't stand a ghost of a chance and that was a pity. Atalanta took the second place in the league, very well deserved.

Good time to boost the goal difference. No Juve or Milan in the CL would be pretty cool.
  • Like 1

Liverpool posting big financial losses! And draws on the field . . .

In fairness, I think a lot of the losses were because of the pandemic.
  • Like 1

Liverpool posting big financial losses! And draws on the field . . .

In fairness, I think a lot of the losses were because of the pandemic.

Yeah, and that makes perfectly good sense -- I can't think of any professional sports team that's going to make money from the last year +, but unless the pandemic also depresses transfer fees (possible), then it will just make it that much harder to bolster the team. FSG might have deep pockets, but they're not a petro state.

• Like 1

Good time to boost the goal difference. No Juve or Milan in the CL would be pretty cool.

Indeed. I'd like to see Sassuolo and Roma alongside Atalanta in the next season of CL, and possibly Napoli. Sassuolo has been working hard and getting nice results and would deserve some kind of reward. Five matches still to come in Seria A, and the margins in the top six are small. Many things can happen.

Edited by Sun & Moon

Wow, Barca must be wondering what just happened. They were heading top with a game against Atletico at the weekend, then Granada only went and won it. Koeman was sent off too, turning his skin that puce colour only pasty ginger-haired men can achieve.

Indeed. I'd like to see Sassuolo and Roma alongside Atalanta in the next season of CL, and possibly Napoli. Sassuolo has been working hard and getting nice results and would deserve some kind of reward. Five matches still to come in Seria A, and the margins in the top six are small. Many things can happen.

Tomorrow we'll see where Sassuolo stands against Atalanta. Unfortunately I'm unable to watch the game because the only pay-tv that airs the Serie A matches here where I live does not cover all the games, and visiting a sports bar is not yet a brilliant idea.

• Like 1

Tomorrow we'll see where Sassuolo stands against Atalanta. Unfortunately I'm unable to watch the game because the only pay-tv that airs the Serie A matches here where I live does not cover all the games, and visiting a sports bar is not yet a brilliant idea.

Can I suggest LiveTV.ru? They carry all the games.

I've not been into streaming sites though I'm aware of these. How has the quality of broadcast been on LiveTV.ru, and does the site require creating an account or installing a plugin? I'm trying to pay attention to information security, and streaming sites for me are not amongst the most trustworthy... Thanks for the tip, anyway! :cheers:

• Like 1

I've not been into streaming sites though I'm aware of these. How has the quality of broadcast been on LiveTV.ru, and does the site require creating an account or installing a plugin? I'm trying to pay attention to information security, and streaming sites for me are not amongst the most trustworthy... Thanks for the tip, anyway! :cheers:

You have to pick the right feed, there's some lagging going on, but usually you're able to get through the event without major problems. You don't have to create an account. All you need is a Flash Player. Security is needed. I used Kaspersky and Norton. I've been watching LiveTV.ru for about ten years, never ended up with a virus. If you want to follow the teams you support, this site is the place to be.
  • Like 1

You have to pick the right feed, there's some lagging going on, but usually you're able to get through the event without major problems. You don't have to create an account. All you need is a Flash Player. Security is needed. I used Kaspersky and Norton. I've been watching LiveTV.ru for about ten years, never ended up with a virus. If you want to follow the teams you support, this site is the place to be.

What`s wrong with a paid subscription? You don`t have to go stampeding to livetv.ru like a bull at a gate.
  • Like 1

What`s wrong with a paid subscription? You don`t have to go stampeding to livetv.ru like a bull at a gate.

I need my Minsk vs Dynamo futsal fill. :blush:
  • Like 2

More appealing than watching my team :boohoo:
  • Like 2

Maybe they should try indoor soccer. Kane would have a hat-trick every night.
  • Like 2

Maybe they should try indoor soccer. Kane would have a hat-trick every night.

Even I could play indoor football. In my usual midfield lynchpin (ie. stationary) role, my team was runner-up in an indoor five-a-side Sunday league about 25 years ago... a shot deflected off me and we lost 1-0 in the play-off final :doh:
  • Like 1

Manc trash invade the pitch at Old Trafford. Smashed some camera tripods, uprooted corner flags, took selfies, and buggered off.

The Glazers may suck, but how does this help? Shame.

• Like 2

Manc trash invade the pitch at Old Trafford. Smashed some camera tripods, uprooted corner flags, took selfies, and buggered off.

It`s such a weird way of showing love to something - smash it. Surely the inside of the stadium cannot be the place to protest; outside is. Strange though, that there was a such an easy to overcome barrier and few security or police after their ground had uninvited visitors this week. I mean, it`s an important place, not like the Capitol building.
  • Like 2

Fcuk 'em, forfeit the game to Liverpool. Or do you want to be banned from the pitch on the Continent again, like, like a bunch of hooligans?

Edit: footballforums.net now mentioning possible 8 pm local time kick off (4 pm Eastern), as of 30 minutes ago teams have not left for bus ride to Old Trafford.

2nd edit: Too much damage, game postponed. Fcking assehoules!

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 4

Juventus presents me with a problem. I want Szczesny to do well, but I don't want Ronaldo to do well. I understand this might be settled next season, seeing as both of them are on their way out of Turin.
  • Like 1