The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Bayern 6 Borussia MG 0 :hail: Lewandowski with three. His second the pick of the litter. Mueller's single season goal scoring record in Bundesliga now very much under threat.

A great night for Fiorentina: Vlahoviç two goals, Drągowski with many confident saves. Things are not looking bright for Lazio now.
  • Like 1

Parma 2, Atalanta 5. Great work again from Muriel: scored twice + 1 assist.

Now the eyes are on the late night game Juve - Milan. How about a draw, lads..? ;)

Everyone`s football team is living their best life apart from mine :boohoo:

Luckily I still have my Edinburgh City iron in the Scottish League Two play-off fire, and they haven`t heard I`m following them yet :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Now the eyes are on the late night game Juve - Milan. How about a draw, lads..? ;)

All good so far, just two thirds of the game to go :D

Juve still has a chance to score on the second half. Not often do I wish that they would do it. :D

Edited by Sun & Moon

Juve still has a chance to score on the second half. Not often do I wish that they would do it. :D

It`s okay for you if Milan push Juve out of the mix, though? Just checking.

I'd like both of them out... A draw would help Atalanta keep her head start.

But Rebić nailed the win for Milan with that killer..!

• Like 1

Szczesny did all he could. At least we didn't see too many Ronaldo close-ups. :D
  • Like 1

Szczesny did all he could. At least we didn't see too many Ronaldo close-ups. :D

Juventus was unbelievably lame. I felt bad for Szczęsny, no hope to catch those shots, except for that penalty kick.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 1

...and PSG draw to leave themselves three points behind Lille with two games left. Not a good look if Poch doesn`t top the league with Les Parisiens, especially when the league title is complementary.

Tell you what, Mauricio. We`ll let you have your old job back and we`ll all pretend it was a silly tiff and all is forgotten and forgiven :wub:

• Like 2

...and PSG draw to leave themselves three points behind Lille with two games left. Not a good look if Poch doesn`t top the league with Les Parisiens, especially when the league title is complementary.

Tell you what, Mauricio. We`ll let you have your old job back and we`ll all pretend it was a silly tiff and all is forgotten and forgiven :wub:

What about Marcelino? :wub:

What about Marcelino? :wub:

Simone Inzaghi seems favourite, which is about right. Lazio are the Italian equivalent to Spurs (or vice versa), with their few title wins interspersed with occasional cup victories. He`ll be just the man!
  • Like 1

I don`t think there has been a season that I`ve been so disenchanted with for many a year. Every league seems much more fun than the Prem, although it could be related to the many crushingly poor performances by my ambivalent team and the complete absence of anything remotely close to catharsis. I haven`t enjoyed many games in the last few weeks and the ESL thing probably is a factor.

Euro 21 (or Euro 2020 I should say - 2020 was so great UEFA want an encore!) has a lot to do to banish the memories. I hope national teams have enough energy to play some entertaining stuff this summer.

• Like 2

Lewandowski ties Mueller's record of 40 goals in a season and shows a 4EVER GERD shirt. Good thing he didn't take off his jersey. That would've meant a yellow card and absence in the final game against Augsburg.

Lewandowski ties Mueller's record of 40 goals in a season and shows a 4EVER GERD shirt. Good thing he didn't take off his jersey. That would've meant a yellow card and absence in the final game against Augsburg.

Good thing he didn`t take off his jersey indeed, as I suspect you would be underneath your robe emitting low moans :tsk:
  • Like 1

Atalanta to the UCL third season in a row. Grazie ragazzi!!! :heart:

:banana: :cheerleader: :banana: :cheerleader: :banana:

• Like 1

90 goals in 37 matches, that`s the good stuff :ebert:

Meanwhile, in La Liga, the Battle Royale continues, with stinky old Barca out of the race, and Atletico scoring twice (from 0-1 down with eight minutes left, Suarez`s winner right at the end) to take their advantage over Real into next Sunday`s final fixtures and keep their fate in their own hands.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

90 goals in 37 matches, that`s the good stuff :ebert:

Meanwhile, in La Liga, the Battle Royale continues, with stinky old Barca out of the race, and Atletico scoring twice (from 0-1 down with eight minutes left, Suarez`s winner right at the end) to take their advantage over Real into next Sunday`s final fixtures and keep their fate in their own hands.

2019-2020 Atalanta scored 98 times in 38 matches in the league, could not quite reach 100. :)

All in all, watching Serie A games has been entertaining again this season. I have not had any need for the Prem, to be honest.

• Like 1

Cracovia 0 Warta 1 :| The men in stripes finish the season in 14th place.

:(