Ultimate Rock Bands Elimination: Round 16 (Closes 8/27/20)

_hi_water._

19 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

2. 2. Eliminate:

AC/DC, Deep Purple, Genesis, Iron Maiden and Yes has been eliminated!

40. Skid Row

39. Muse

38. Nirvana

37. Toto

36. Camel

35. Free

34. Nine Inch Nails

33. Opeth

32. Gentle Giant

31. Whitesnake ( :()

30. Jefferson Airplane

29. Guns N Roses

28. Heart

27. King Crimson

26. Emerson, Lake & Palmer

25. Fleetwood Mac ( :rage:)

24. Alice Cooper

23. Pearl Jam

22. Kansas ( :rage:)

21. Yardbirds

20. Boston

19. Aerosmith

18. Cars

17. ZZ Top

16. Def Leppard

15. Lynyrd Skynyrd

14. Jethro Tull

13. Metallica

12. Deep Purple (:o)

11. AC/DC

10. Genesis

9. Iron Maiden

8. Yes

This time, immune all the bands you want!

Heck, I didn't expect Queen to outlast Yes and AC/DC. No matter what goes out next I'm calling this a win.

tough choice, and Rick is about to hate me, but I'm voting against VH and BS. Neither of which are quite in that uppermost tier of love for me. The other five are all easy contenders for some of my favorite bands of all time, and Queen is obviously my number one anyway.

Heck, I didn't expect Queen to outlast Yes and AC/DC. No matter what goes out next I'm calling this a win.

Queen’s not done yet and they deserve to go this far imho. They could go down to the last 3, and even steal it all. So why would anything but #1 be called a win?

tough choice, and Rick is about to hate me, but I'm voting against VH and BS. Neither of which are quite in that uppermost tier of love for me. The other five are all easy contenders for some of my favorite bands of all time, and Queen is obviously my number one anyway.

I didn't expect that you love Rolling Stones more than Black Sabbath. That's really surprising to me.

The best way to keep your favorite would be to make it immune and vote to eliminate everything else, yeah?

:huh:

Unless I’m misunderstanding how your system works, this is how I’m thinking: I immunize my band (+1) and eliminate everything else (-1). This gives the band a leg up on everything else from there. Now that’s not to stop others from eliminating mine if enough votes accumulate. BUT through my blanket elimination, everything else already has 1 elimination vote which will (of course) be added to the other elimination votes that pile up.

The best way to keep your favorite would be to make it immune and vote to eliminate everything else, yeah?

:huh:

Unless I’m misunderstanding how your system works, this is how I’m thinking: I immunize my band (+1) and eliminate everything else (-1). This gives the band a leg up on everything else from there. Now that’s not to stop others from eliminating mine if enough votes accumulate. BUT through my blanket elimination, everything else already has 1 elimination vote which will (of course) be added to the other elimination votes that pile up.

I’ll demonstrate now...Currently, (before i edit my voting) these are the elimination votes: Beatles 1, Sabbath 2, LZ 2, Floyd 4, Queen 6, RS 3, VH 5.

After I delete then revote to eliminate everything but Floyd the elimination votes become: Beatles 2, Sabbath 3, LZ 3, Floyd 4 (no change because I’m not eliminating them), Queen 6 (no change because I voted that way originally), RS 3 (no change because I voted that way originally), VH 6.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I didn't expect that you love Rolling Stones more than Black Sabbath. That's really surprising to me.

The Stones and The Beatles were really integral when I was first getting into rock in junior high. So in the case of The Stones, yes I now have many of their classic studio albums and think they're great, but it's their early hits which actually won me over in the first place. I could talk all day about whether the run from Beggars Banquet through Exile On Main Street is better than Black Sabbath through Sabatoge, but I can't tell you any Sabbath songs I'm as nostalgic for as Time Is On My Side, 19th Nervous Breakdown, or Get Off Of My Cloud.

• Like 1

Queen’s not done yet and they deserve to go this far imho. They could go down to the last 3, and even steal it all. So why would anything but #1 be called a win?

They're not going to make it past this round, lol. I know it's not an unpopular opinion to think they were a singles band and their albums don't hold together, and that's bound to show up at some point. I'm just surprised it took the non-fans this long to get together to eliminate them.

• Like 2

Are you out of your f*cking mind!? :)

In all seriousness EP, you'll never catch flak from me for not liking a band I like as much as I do, or even at all. You like what you like. You're respectful of others' opinions, which is not the same thing as agreeing with them or not commenting on them. You're thoughtful in your posts, but you're not above poking fun at yourself. You're dead wrong here, of course, but that's of little consequence. :)

• Like 2

Are you out of your f*cking mind!? :)

In all seriousness EP, you'll never catch flak from me for not liking a band I like as much as I do, or even at all. You like what you like. You're respectful of others' opinions, which is not the same thing as agreeing with them or not commenting on them. You're thoughtful in your posts, but you're not above poking fun at yourself. You're dead wrong here, of course, but that's of little consequence. :)

:goodone:
  • Like 1

Van Halen's getting the boot...

ah well I am glad it got Top 10 :)

Your poll has turned out horribly :bitchslap: I have to accept that not everyone thinks VH are the greatest and that Queen are...errr... a bit of a comedy band. Edited by IbanezJem

Your poll has turned out horribly :bitchslap: I have to accept that not everyone thinks VH are the greatest and that Queen are...errr... a bit of a comedy band.

Nothing comedic about My Melancholy Blues, or Love Of My Life, or Liar, or Save Me, or The Show Must Go On, or A Kind Of Magic, etc. etc. etc.

Besides, having a sense of humor makes everything more fun.

• Like 1

I was thinking that hopefully, the immune, and eliminate votes were counted correctly. For anything, and something like this, it was done differently before. Edited by Derek19

Your poll has turned out horribly :bitchslap: I have to accept that not everyone thinks VH are the greatest and that Queen are...errr... a bit of a comedy band.

Nothing comedic about My Melancholy Blues, or Love Of My Life, or Liar, or Save Me, or The Show Must Go On, or A Kind Of Magic, etc. etc. etc.

Honestly, until I joined TRF I had no idea Queen were rated so highly by so many decent judges of music. I think it`s because my exposure to them in the early 80s was singles that all seemed... well, let`s leave it there. Just not for me at all.
  • Like 1

I guess I`ll be shifting my vote to immunise BS. I`ve been doing some yardwork and stuff the last week or so and had them on a loop and think I`ll clean up on the records missing from from my collection.

Honestly, until I joined TRF I had no idea Queen were rated so highly by so many decent judges of music. I think it`s because my exposure to them in the early 80s was singles that all seemed... well, let`s leave it there. Just not for me at all.

must've been living under a rock :eyeroll:

must've been living under a rock :eyeroll:

*Cave of ice