What Made You Feel Anxious Today?

_hi_water._

This morning at 10:30 a.m. there was a huge severe thunderstorm that struck. The power went out for a sec but that storm was not big of a deal. I love me some good thunderstorms, but...

But at 3:45 p.m... boi

There was a little thunderstorm approaching, and I thought "oh it's just gonna be a lil rain." Nope, it developed. It got bigger, and bigger. It got very strong. 70+ mph winds, torrential rain, plenty of moisture/sunshine/humidity, and sleet.

But what really got me worried is that there was a tornado forming less than 2 minutes away. I actually felt terrified... because where I live, it's extremely rare to get tornadoes. It almost touched down. There was even a Tornado Warning.

The aftermath left with several power outages for more than 4 hours, and lots of destruction. Twigs, torn down signs, corn that flew away... you name it.

If I didn't deal with enough already, I have to deal with ANOTHER storm tonight. I have to deal with the same thing all over again, but deal with it being dark and actually getting a lot more strong.

• Like 2

Justin Bieber is in Coeur d'Alene.

I had to look up what the hell Coeur d'Alene was lol.

It's true. He's here. What's he doing here? :scared:

Hopefully not meeting Ammon Bundy there :eyeroll:

• Like 3

This morning at 10:30 a.m. there was a huge severe thunderstorm that struck. The power went out for a sec but that storm was not big of a deal. I love me some good thunderstorms, but...

But at 3:45 p.m... boi

There was a little thunderstorm approaching, and I thought "oh it's just gonna be a lil rain." Nope, it developed. It got bigger, and bigger. It got very strong. 70+ mph winds, torrential rain, plenty of moisture/sunshine/humidity, and sleet.

But what really got me worried is that there was a tornado forming less than 2 minutes away. I actually felt terrified... because where I live, it's extremely rare to get tornadoes. It almost touched down. There was even a Tornado Warning.

The aftermath left with several power outages for more than 4 hours, and lots of destruction. Twigs, torn down signs, corn that flew away... you name it.

If I didn't deal with enough already, I have to deal with ANOTHER storm tonight. I have to deal with the same thing all over again, but deal with it being dark and actually getting a lot more strong.

I can relate a bit but with me it is earthquakes. We had a 5.7 in March and had quite a few aftershocks that we could feel. I still think I feel the floor shaking once in a while and it freaks me out. Took a couple of months before I stopped being so touchy. It just seems we have more than the usual troubles this year, it can calm down anytime now.

• Like 3

We went out for a meal yesterday ..... the place had restricted numbers to allow social distancing, staff all wore masks, and everything was fine ..... but still there was that niggling worry.

We didn't hang about, had our meal and came home. The new norm.

• Like 1

Being a county government worker and hearing about state funding cutbacks due to Covid. We already had a few positions eliminated in other departments. My department we're working 2 weeks at work, 3 weeks at home with laptops, rotating among our department. What makes me really stressed is that I'm 6 months from being vested for pension next January. It would royally suck to make it this far then get cut months away from vesting. The pension is not break or break for us, but it's a significant amount of money over the course of retirement.

I take some solace that I'm in IT and we're already one position down due to someone leaving. Plus they know how damn hard it is to attract IT people for a non-glamour, below market rate job in county government.

• Like 1

The heat. My body doesn't do well with hot humid weather so I'm hanging in the AC. I'm more of an outdoors person.

Please send some of it over here!! lol!
  • Like 1

The heat. My body doesn't do well with hot humid weather so I'm hanging in the AC. I'm more of an outdoors person.

i'm opposite. there's been a heatwave here but i've been out in my hot kitchen on a laptop. Hate cold of any kind. Just drinking lots. and my family can enjoy the AC. lol.

Mick

• Like 1