Rank 4 classic Yes albums in order of your preference

Texas King

A band very close to my heart

1. Closer To The Edge

2. Fragile

3. The Yes Album

4. Relayer

Some of the finest progressive rock music ever made.

• Like 1

The Yes Album

Close To The Edge

Fragile

Tales From Topographic Oceans

Relayer

May as well slip that one in there, I'd say it's a classic.

• Like 3

Close to the Edge

Fragile

The Yes Album

Relayer

Fragile and The Yes Album aren't separated by much. Relayer is a distant fourth despite being great. (Going for the One would round out my own Yes top four.)

• Like 1

Yes Album

Close to the Edge

Fragile

Relayer

Tales.......can go fukk itself, lol

Mick

Wow, aside from Tales we've got the same list!

• Like 2

1. Close To The Edge

2. The Yes Album

3. Fragile

4. Relayer

I'm not that big a fan of Relayer like many other Yes fans are

• Like 2

Yes Album

Close to the Edge

Fragile

Relayer

Mick

Tales is my fave lol

• Like 3

1. Close To The Edge

2. The Yes Album

3. Fragile

4. Relayer

I feel like Relayer is very...ephemeral. It's like when I turn it on I recognize there's Yes playing and it sounds really cool and pretty, but it doesn't grab me the same way their other records do.

• Like 1

1. Close To The Edge

2. The Yes Album

3. Fragile

4. Relayer

I feel like Relayer is very...ephemeral. It's like when I turn it on I recognize there's Yes playing and it sounds really cool and pretty, but it doesn't grab me the same way their other records do.

I put it on and think it sounds really f***ing up its own arse and when it finally gets to the Soon section, I remember there's a single edit of that song, and I could have just saved myself a shitty album length period of boredom and played that instead.

Weirdly though I love Tales. Just not a fan of Relayer. Really not keen on the keyboards either.

• Like 2

1. Close To The Edge

2. The Yes Album

3. Fragile

4. Relayer

I put it on and think it sounds really f***ing up its own arse and when it finally gets to the Soon section, I remember there's a single edit of that song, and I could have just saved myself a shitty album length period of boredom and played that instead.

Weirdly though I love Tales. Just not a fan of Relayer. Really not keen on the keyboards either.

The opening to The Revealing Science Of God is one of the greatest sections of any progressive rock song ever.

• Like 1

1. Close To The Edge

2. The Yes Album

3. Fragile

4. Relayer

The opening to The Revealing Science Of God is one of the greatest sections of any progressive rock song ever.

That song is my favourite prog song ever! And the rest of the album is beautiful, but I tend to play this one a song at a time, never really in one sitting.

• Like 2

1. Close To The Edge

2. The Yes Album

3. Fragile

4. Relayer

That song is my favourite prog song ever! And the rest of the album is beautiful, but I tend to play this one a song at a time, never really in one sitting.

That's probably the best thing to do with it honestly. I think most prog fans just can't handle that much all in one sitting so they give up on it.

• Like 1

Yes Album

Close to the Edge

Fragile

Relayer

Mick

Tales is my fave lol

then you can go fukk it......lols.

Mick

The cover is quite wet...I don't mind a bit of a sloppy fish surprise

I find it interesting that in many corners of the prog rock community Relayer is heralded as equal to if not better than Close To The Edge (and whichever your favorite is), but here nobody seems able to rank it above these other three.

I find it interesting that in many corners of the prog rock community Relayer is heralded as equal to if not better than Close To The Edge (and whichever your favorite is), but here nobody seems able to rank it above these other three.

I think massive prog fans (which I'm not) really take too it's more unusual sound. Relayer is in all honesty an exceptional album that I've listened too many times, but I admire it's beauty more than I enjoy it.

• Like 1

I think massive prog fans (which I'm not) really take too it's more unusual sound. Relayer is in all honesty an exceptional album that I've listened too many times, but I admire it's beauty more than I enjoy it.

That's a really good way to put it. Easy to admire, not as easy to really enjoy.

The Yes Album

Close To The Edge

Fragile

Tales From Topographic Oceans

Relayer

May as well slip that one in there, I'd say it's a classic.

Hey! They're listed in chronological order! :LOL:

i like relayer a ton acually but........it's up against Yes Album, CTTE and Fragile, lol

Mick

• Like 1