Guess what Rush song I heard in the store today?

Lorraine

hearing any Rush song that's not Tom Sawyer in public always catches me off guard in a good way. i once heard Time Stand Still during a performance at an air show a few years ago and it made me smile because someone who may be a fan thought to play it.

Jaimie, how old are you now? How are you doing?

hearing any Rush song that's not Tom Sawyer in public always catches me off guard in a good way. i once heard Time Stand Still during a performance at an air show a few years ago and it made me smile because someone who may be a fan thought to play it.

Jaimie, how old are you now? How are you doing?

im 22 and i'll be 23 in May! and im doing alright despite possibly having coronavirus (my symptoms are really mild, i got lucky). i hop you're doing good!
  • Like 2

Not the grocery store but the pub fifteen minutes before the virus shutdown.YYZ .I suppose it was a streamed.But Anyway it made the last beer go down well

It was not in a store, but the last Rush song I heard on the radio was earlier this week...

So six young men are paddling from north western Ontario to Ottawa (a long trip) and they were interviewed on our national radio station - CBC (tax payer's money and debates, aside).

They are calling the trip Canoe4Covid and have raised over sixty grand so far - awesome in itself. For food banks and shelters, specifically.

After the interview and discussion of the route, the host played a song. Typically, on this radio show, guests can request a song to be played.

The interview is over:

"Here is some Rush" (I lean into the kitchen speakers, always a surprise - Rush is not played often in Canada except for Tom Sawyer and Limelight).

"From Test For Echo" (I lean further, almost dropping my dish brush).

"Here is Half The World, Good luck guys on your canoe journey". So very sweet!

Awesome song, perfect anthem for the youth trying to make a difference!

• Like 1

It was not in a store, but the last Rush song I heard on the radio was earlier this week...

So six young men are paddling from north western Ontario to Ottawa (a long trip) and they were interviewed on our national radio station - CBC (tax payer's money and debates, aside).

They are calling the trip Canoe4Covid and have raised over sixty grand so far - awesome in itself. For food banks and shelters, specifically.

After the interview and discussion of the route, the host played a song. Typically, on this radio show, guests can request a song to be played.

The interview is over:

"Here is some Rush" (I lean into the kitchen speakers, always a surprise - Rush is not played often in Canada except for Tom Sawyer and Limelight).

"From Test For Echo" (I lean further, almost dropping my dish brush).

"Here is Half The World, Good luck guys on your canoe journey". So very sweet!

Awesome song, perfect anthem for the youth trying to make a difference!

Very cool. Im surprised they don't play more Rush in Canada, especially with the rules they have where a certain amount of the artists have to be canadian.

There's a brew pub down the street where I hear Working Man and Mission recently.

Mission must be at closing time. Smart choice for the staff that wants to go home.

There is a so called "Canadian Content Law" - but that is mostly a minimum of television content production, to help balance the avalanche of stuff from the south.

But radio? I don't think it is much of a consideration, more about "investment" than just playing content.

Edit: I think it is often forgotten that we, as a country, is about the population of California. Like, 10% of the US population.

Edited by Bahamas