9 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

This is disgusting 🤣

Vinyl collectors hit a level of snobery that is special (love ya EP, but join in this era, lol)

"i won't buy said album till two decades from now whem my precious disc is released!!!'

wow ok.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

Vinyl collectors hit a level of snobery that is special (love ya EP, but join in this era, lol)

Mick

Back in the day I used to collect every edition of albums I loved that I could afford. I have several editions of Endless Forms, for example.

Now I'm like...go for one, if you really like it.

I collected recently all the Rhapsody Of Fire albums I loved. Stopped at a certain point when I lost interest in their discography. 

I'm even skipping albums with bonus tracks these days. 

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

Back in the day I used to collect every edition of albums I loved that I could afford. I have several editions of Endless Forms, for example.

Now I'm like...go for one, if you really like it.

I collected recently all the Rhapsody Of Fire albums I loved. Stopped at a certain point when I lost interest in their discography. 

I'm even skipping albums with bonus tracks these days. 

i used to be obsessive.  I know your not a fan but as an example.  Used to collect every bit of neal Morse stuff ever (and he has a TON)  he just released a new album.  honestly think it sucks.  so i'm skipping.  why buy if i know this one'll collect dust?

Mick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

i used to be obsessive.  I know your not a fan but as an example.  Used to collect every bit of neal Morse stuff ever (and he has a TON)  he just released a new album.  honestly think it sucks.  so i'm skipping.  why buy if i know this one'll collect dust?

Mick

That's me now!

I love Machine Head, don't own Supercharger, never will.

I love Lacuna Coil, only have Comalies XX because it was buy one get one free and I wanted the new Alter Bridge.

Love Nightwish but I'm not buying every live album with Floor sounding worse and worse as she pushes the operatics. (Last live album that wasn't the online show was such a cash grab, really disappointing release)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I did buy a couple of vinyl versions of Firepower, well three, even though I never listen to vinyl anymore. I've not even opened them. I've got them stashed in a bag somewhere!

We've all done it! I don't have the spare cash to throw away anymore, even though I work for a lot more money than ever before

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

We've all done it! I don't have the spare cash to throw away anymore, even though I work for a lot more money than ever before

I've blown a skip-load of cash on records I hardly ever listen to or hated and never listen to or never even opened! :laugh::wacko::laugh:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I've blown a skip-load of cash on records I hardly ever listen to or hated and never listen to or never even opened! :laugh::wacko::laugh:

I remember I collected all of Kings X's albums, but now I find them super boring

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

I remember I collected all of Kings X's albums, but now I find them super boring

Yeah I've done similar things myself! It's infuriating, but at the time I just had to have every single album by so-and-so come what may! :laugh:

Some folks found some Amazon leaks

uwarusj0jrsb1.jpg?utm_medium=android_app

Invincible Shield is the nineteenth studio album by British heavy metal band Judas Priest. Announced onstage at Power Trip festival in California, the new record marks the band's first release in 6 years, having recently celebrated 50 years in music and 50 million records sold. Judas Priest is Rob Halford, Ian Hill, Glenn Tipton, Scott Travis and Richie Faulkner.

qhj86ix2grsb1.jpg?utm_medium=android_app

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Some folks found some Amazon leaks

uwarusj0jrsb1.jpg?utm_medium=android_app

Invincible Shield is the nineteenth studio album by British heavy metal band Judas Priest. Announced onstage at Power Trip festival in California, the new record marks the band's first release in 6 years, having recently celebrated 50 years in music and 50 million records sold. Judas Priest is Rob Halford, Ian Hill, Glenn Tipton, Scott Travis and Richie Faulkner.

qhj86ix2grsb1.jpg?utm_medium=android_app

I'm not sure about the title, Invincible Shield? It sounds like a response to covid-19.

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

I'm not sure about the title, Invincible Shield? It sounds like a response to covid-19.

I don't see that at all. The US Government response was called Operation Warp Speed. The government loves to us hyperbolic names. This seems like a decent title for a heavy metal band the likes of an Judas Priest. It doesn't feel out of place compared to Redeemer of Souls or Firepower 

1 minute ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I don't see that at all. The US Government response was called Operation Warp Speed. The government loves to us hyperbolic names. This seems like a decent title for a heavy metal band the likes of an Judas Priest. It doesn't feel out of place compared to Redeemer of Souls or Firepower 

What about Befouler?