Didn't know where to ask about this. Chinese Coronavirus outbreak?

Entre_Perpetuo

Pro baseball games here will play on....to empty stadiums. The big spring sumo tournament for two weeks this month in Osaka will also continue on...to an empty arena. Most other sports, big events, or concerts have been cancelled.

I'm hoping the Olympics will still go on!

Pro baseball games here will play on....to empty stadiums. The big spring sumo tournament for two weeks this month in Osaka will also continue on...to an empty arena. Most other sports, big events, or concerts have been cancelled.

I'm hoping the Olympics will still go on!

I can’t imagine it being cancelled due to the 1-2 combo of Prime Minister Abe not wanting Japan to be the only host nation in history that cancelled (outside of war) AND m-o-n-e-y (too much of it on the line).

• Like 1

And apparently, Americans have been stocking up on the wrong things. We need vodka !!??!! From USA Today-

Can't find Purell or other hand sanitizers? Here's how to make it at home with vodka or rubbing alcohol

Kelly Tyko

https://www.usatoday...ion/4947807002/

%20https%3A//media0.giphy.com/media/2WeA9OxJOsrUA/source.gif

Oh, and No Time To Die has been pushed to November by virus.corona virus. This news leaves me shaken not stirred.

Always seemed odd it was going to be in April. Every Bond since Goldeneye has been released in November or December.

I guess the Time To Die Is Now! lol

I understand people like my parents who are 80 plus should not be going out to big events. I was very bummed that my dad decided not to go to KISS and David Lee Roth.

But that's life!

I thought humanity was a lot smarter. lol

First off all hand sanitizers only kill bacteria. This is a VIRUS!!!! Hand sanitizer is useless.

As for the masks? Masks only work when they are worn by the infected human!!! Wearing a mask to protect yourself from the Coronavirus is USELESS!!

Ummm, you better wear an entire face mask then. The Virus can float into your eyes!!!!

I see the stock market crashed today. Glad I kept my house and gave my ex wife my 700 shares of Apple stock. She just lost 30 grand today.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Now it is hitting a little closer to home. My husband's school announced today that they are extending spring break (this week) another extra week to evaluate the Covid 19 situation and prepare for distance learning if necessary. It seems like a lot of colleges and universities around the east are suddenly doing that also or even telling the students just not to come back after spring break; that they are moving to all online instruction.

I'm glad he heard something, at least. It bugs me that communication about this on the federal level has not been good so far. How hard would it be to appoint a head of corona virus plans and rank areas or cities red, yellow or green? At least we would know how much toilet paper to buy! :LOL: :LOL:

Now it is hitting a little closer to home. My husband's school announced today that they are extending spring break (this week) another extra week to evaluate the Covid 19 situation and prepare for distance learning if necessary. It seems like a lot of colleges and universities around the east are suddenly doing that also or even telling the students just not to come back after spring break; that they are moving to all online instruction.

I'm glad he heard something, at least. It bugs me that communication about this on the federal level has not been good so far. How hard would it be to appoint a head of corona virus plans and rank areas or cities red, yellow or green? At least we would know how much toilet paper to buy! :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, Ohio State University just canceled all on-site classes and will be online/remote only, for at least a month.

We just confirmed our first cases in Ohio, like 3-4 days ago. I think OSU is being a bit reactionary. (Well, I think a lot of people are being kind of reactionary. But I guess that’s beside the point).

• Like 1

And apparently, Americans have been stocking up on the wrong things. We need vodka !!??!! From USA Today-

Can't find Purell or other hand sanitizers? Here's how to make it at home with vodka or rubbing alcohol

Kelly Tyko

https://www.usatoday...ion/4947807002/

%20https%3A//media0.giphy.com/media/2WeA9OxJOsrUA/source.gif

Oh, and No Time To Die has been pushed to November by virus.corona virus. This news leaves me shaken not stirred.

Always seemed odd it was going to be in April. Every Bond since Goldeneye has been released in November or December.

I guess the Time To Die Is Now! lol

I understand people like my parents who are 80 plus should not be going out to big events. I was very bummed that my dad decided not to go to KISS and David Lee Roth.

But that's life!

I thought humanity was a lot smarter. lol

First off all hand sanitizers only kill bacteria. This is a VIRUS!!!! Hand sanitizer is useless.

As for the masks? Masks only work when they are worn by the infected human!!! Wearing a mask to protect yourself from the Coronavirus is USELESS!!

Ummm, you better wear an entire face mask then. The Virus can float into your eyes!!!!

I see the stock market crashed today. Glad I kept my house and gave my ex wife my 700 shares of Apple stock. She just lost 30 grand today.

60% - 70% alcohol based sanitizers should be able to kill a virus.

I’d guess that the number of those with C-19 in the states is actually greater than the stats will show due to many not having adequate (if any) health insurance. That is, they just won’t get checked.

• Like 1

I’d guess that the number of those with C-19 in the states is actually greater than the stats will show due to many not having adequate (if any) health insurance. That is, they just won’t get checked.

That is a huge concern; also very few test kits are available. Supposedly 1 million were supposed to be distributed Monday but they weren't. Now 4 million are supposed to be available by Friday, I'll believe it when I see it. Also, they will be available to private labs and private hospitals which is great, but those places are not mandated to report results to the CDC, only to county health agencies. So, there may be problems coming up with accurate numbers of people infected. (Rant over.)

That is a huge concern; also very few test kits are available. Supposedly 1 million were supposed to be distributed Monday but they weren't. Now 4 million are supposed to be available by Friday, I'll believe it when I see it. Also, they will be available to private labs and private hospitals which is great, but those places are not mandated to report results to the CDC, only to county health agencies. So, there may be problems coming up with accurate numbers of people infected. (Rant over.)

Now your rant is over Becky answer this question: What are your favourite gothic horror novels published between 1764 and 1937?

• Like 1

Now your rant is over Becky answer this question: What are your favourite gothic horror novels published between 1764 and 1937?

Oooh, I will have to think on that one. I'm big on murder mysteries but used to read gothic horror at one point. I love Dracula and Frankenstein but I'll have to try to remember what other ones I liked! No Lovecraft.

• Like 1

Oooh, I will have to think on that one. I'm big on murder mysteries but used to read gothic horror at one point. I love Dracula and Frankenstein but I'll have to try to remember what other ones I liked! No Lovecraft.

There's probably hundreds of great ones!

Are there any you recommend? I have read a lot of Poe. I should probably read the Turn of the Screw sometime, I have seen the movie lol.

• Like 1

Are there any you recommend? I have read a lot of Poe. I should probably read the Turn of the Screw sometime, I have seen the movie lol.

How about The Monk by Matthew Gregory Lewis?

That sounds like a good one! I haven't read it, I will have to look for it. Have you ever read Rebecca, lol? Daphne DuMaurier. Not really horror, but very creepy. It was a favorite of my mom's and I used to read it a lot.

That sounds like a good one! I haven't read it, I will have to look for it. Have you ever read Rebecca, lol? Daphne DuMaurier. Not really horror, but very creepy. It was a favorite of my mom's and I used to read it a lot.

Yeah all the famous ones are great, there are a few though that aren't as famous that are great too. What about The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole?

Yeah all the famous ones are great, there are a few though that aren't as famous that are great too. What about The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole?

I have missed that one too! Maybe I can get it at the library tomorrow. I want to go get some hopefully virus free books before all hell breaks loose with C-19! And my mom (elderly) told me today she doesnt like all the handwashing because it gives her dry skin. :o Sigh.

• Like 1

There it goes. Not a single person at my school, on campus, or anywhere near it has the virus. Nevertheless they're pulling all international travel back home and canceling in person classes for 4 extra weeks, not even starting online classes for another week (this week is spring break).

I have missed that one too! Maybe I can get it at the library tomorrow. I want to go get some hopefully virus free books before all hell breaks loose with C-19! And my mom (elderly) told me today she doesnt like all the handwashing because it gives her dry skin. :o Sigh.

I'll see if I can compile a list.

• Like 1

She could use hand lotion after washing hands, right?

43209fl_lg.jpg

• Like 1

43209fl_lg.jpg

Thank you! Yes, I think I will send her a bottle. That is easier than trying to get her to do something herself! :LOL: Love my mom, though. :hug2:

• Like 1

43209fl_lg.jpg

Over here all hand wash is selling out, shelves are empty! Everyone is acting ridiculously!

• Like 1

There it goes. Not a single person at my school, on campus, or anywhere near it has the virus. Nevertheless they're pulling all international travel back home and canceling in person classes for 4 extra weeks, not even starting online classes for another week (this week is spring break).

And this is just the Corona Virus, just wait until the Coors Virus and the Bud Virus! And don't even mention the Miller virus!

• Like 3

43209fl_lg.jpg

Over here all hand wash is selling out, shelves are empty! Everyone is acting ridiculously!

Yeah, the same here. Our state governor is having a big press conference in an hour to announce more recommendations. My worry is for people like Uber drivers and fast food workers that don't have health insurance and really need their paycheck; it's not as easy for them to stay home from work.

NCaEu12l.jpg

• Like 2

43209fl_lg.jpg

Yeah, the same here. Our state governor is having a big press conference in an hour to announce more recommendations. My worry is for people like Uber drivers and fast food workers that don't have health insurance and really need their paycheck; it's not as easy for them to stay home from work.

NCaEu12l.jpg

Aye!

• Like 1