Didn't know where to ask about this. Chinese Coronavirus outbreak?

Entre_Perpetuo

everything closed up. no movies to go to. no sports to watch. everyone stuck at home.

gonna be a lot of babies born 9 months from now named Corona.

• Like 1

The 'family cloth'. Such a wonderful environmentally friendly 'green' idea. Or brown in this case.

https://www.independ...n-a8253341.html

Here's a historical perspective...

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/48950/what-did-people-use-toilet-paper

220px-Brown_Album.jpg

Edited by HemiBeers

As of today we have 47 people in the US dead from this virus over the past 3 week.

In the same 3 week period, we have 2,877 people dead from the flu (and similar demographic - older people and people with existing serious health issues).

I am not understanding WTF the big deal is here. This seems to be one of the most over-hyped things I have ever seen. You would think the bubonic plague was going around.

• Like 2

Sheriff Buford T. Justice has been informed that the Bandit is back in business.....

5m4ZsW0.jpg

• Like 5

As of today we have 47 people in the US dead from this virus over the past 3 week.

In the same 3 week period, we have 2,877 people dead from the flu (and similar demographic - older people and people with existing serious health issues).

I am not understanding WTF the big deal is here. This seems to be one of the most over-hyped things I have ever seen. You would think the bubonic plague was going around.

The bubonic plague started small too. Then it infected 2 friends, and they each infected 2 friends, and they each infected 2 friends, and so on and so on and so on......

• Like 1

With lack of sports activity, we can look forward to even more NFL free agent news and mock drafts to fill the time.

Ahhhh stop the madness! :scared: :scared: :scared:

I think I would prefer more shows on trading baseball cards.

Edited by HemiBeers

People are dumb. We have those wonderful flu vaccines (Hooray!!!), so dumb people don't see influenza as a Big Deal anymore.

The news media doesn't see influenza as a Big Deal anymore. Their agenda is to promote the new Big Deal in town and profit from the ratings.

• Like 1

The bubonic plague started small too. Then it infected 2 friends, and they each infected 2 friends, and they each infected 2 friends, and so on and so on and so on......

Bubonic plague had a mortality rate of 50-60%. Give me a break. This is a cold virus.

• Like 1

Bubonic plague had a mortality rate of 50-60%. Give me a break. This is a cold virus.

Coronavirus-2019 is neither a cold virus nor an influenza virus. it is completely different.

As far as we know, it is related to coronaviruses that infect bats. A strain of the virus has also infected certain scaly anteaters in China. Black marketeers in China have been buying and selling the anteater for use in traditional medicines. Many people believe that people in Wuhan were infected via the Black market trading.

• Like 1

The great bubonic plague also happened hundreds of years ago when medicine was nowhere near what it is now. It would not get to anywhere near that level if it happened today.

Confession time, I caught a cold from my nephew a couple days ago. Do we have coronavirus? Probably not. Neither of us have traveled outside of the region recently or been at any big public events. There have been no confirmed cases in my county either. It just feels like a regular cold that I have treated with the old dayquil/nyquil combo and everything is fine.

I know it's serious over in parts of Europe but I just don't think it will get to anywhere close to that level here in North America.

The great bubonic plague also happened hundreds of years ago when medicine was nowhere near what it is now. It would not get to anywhere near that level if it happened today.

Confession time, I caught a cold from my nephew a couple days ago. Do we have coronavirus? Probably not. Neither of us have traveled outside of the region recently or been at any big public events. There have been no confirmed cases in my county either. It just feels like a regular cold that I have treated with the old dayquil/nyquil combo and everything is fine.

I know it's serious over in parts of Europe but I just don't think it will get to anywhere close to that level here in North America.

All you have to do to become infected is breathe infected air - at the store, at church, the bank,....anywhere other people are. That said, if your symptoms are not the same as those of covid-19, then you should be OK.

According to the CDC, this epidemic has only just begun. It will run its course just like all other viral outbreaks, and it will be at least 1-2 years before a vaccine can be perfected....if a vaccine is ever found.

Matt Colvin is a douche canoe.

That is all.

But I’m not looking to be in a situation where I make the front page of the news for being that guy who hoarded 20,000 bottles of sanitizer that I’m selling for 20 times what they cost me.”

Guess what, DoucheBoy? You ARE in that situation, and it's totally your fault.

While I agree the levels of hysteria are a reminder that I don't want to be in a crisis situation with most people, it's possible to confuse total numbers and percentages here.

If X number of people have the flu and Y% die, that gives a sense of severity. Now, despite our wonderful vaccines, lots of people get the flu, so lots of people will die from it.

The COVID-19, though, is stronger -- that Fauci guy from the NIH says 10 times more lethal. If 47 people have died, that just means fewer people have gotten this one. If as many people get corona virus as get the flu, then we'd be looking at more like 28.000 people dead (per the number given for flu, up-thread).

That's not Black Death numbers, but it's serious.

It’s ok JB!

I still love you!

good choice

here, take another video:

JB!!

You know I'm one of the biggest Jane's Addiction fans on the Earth!! GREAT VIDEO!!!

I met Perry once next to the side stage of the Jim Rose Circus. He had green dreadlocks back then. "Nothing's Shocking" and "Habitual" ARE MASTERPIECES. Perkins is easily in my top 6 drummers of all time.

I like “Hysteria!”

Love

Def Leppard

No tune is more fitting now than the Bowie/Queen classic Under Pressure.

Signed,

Let me out

No shit my friend. The entire world is shutting down.

This has really been a shitty year and it's only March. Neil is gone. The Kobe Tragedy. A Pandemic, and I've been sick since Feb 9th. A bad flu. Not Corona. I'm still not 100%. It comes out at night.

"The Freaks Come Out At Night."

Sincerely,

Whodini

Matt Colvin is a douche canoe.

That is all.

But I’m not looking to be in a situation where I make the front page of the news for being that guy who hoarded 20,000 bottles of sanitizer that I’m selling for 20 times what they cost me.”

Guess what, DoucheBoy? You ARE in that situation, and it's totally your fault.

The Chinese are blaming the USA that our Troops gave them the Coronavirus. Crazy World.

I would rather live in an "Ordinary World."

Signed,

DURAN DURAN

lol

I like “Hysteria!”

Love

Def Leppard

Signed,

Let me out

I have a hot date tonight dude. All restaurants and bars are still open here in Walnut Creek.

I just confirmed my table.

I asked her if she wanted to cancel, but she is all in!

No Fear here JB. It's raining and it's cold.

I'm going for it.

I like “Hysteria!”

Love

Def Leppard

Signed,

Let me out

I have a hot date tonight dude. All restaurants and bars are still open here in Walnut Creek.

I just confirmed my table.

I asked her if she wanted to cancel, but she is all in!

No Fear here JB. It's raining and it's cold.

I'm going for it.

Earl you'll be in quarantine next week with the army guarding your street so make the most of it!

• Like 1