2019-20 College Football Thread

pjbear05

Burrow just threw his 7th TD of the half.

Hell, if I were LSU's coach, I would seriously consider not playing him at all in the 2nd half, saving him for the Championship game. (possibiliy of injury, of course)

Good point. 35pt lead, why risk it, unless they cut it to 21.

Jokelahoma, 0-4.

I prefer "chokelahoma"

Expand the playoff!!!

lol

I would have no problem with that. I have never said otherwise.

That said, the way LSU has gotten stronger and better as the season went on, I don't see anybody beating them this year except possibly Ohio State or Clemson if one of those teams got lucky.

Ouch, they should bring in the 2nd string in the second half. No need to get injuries :D Edited by Rhyta

Burrow just threw his 7th TD of the half.

Hell, if I were LSU's coach, I would seriously consider not playing him at all in the 2nd half, saving him for the Championship game. (possibiliy of injury, of course)

Good point. 35pt lead, why risk it, unless they cut it to 21.

Jokelahoma, 0-4.

I prefer "chokelahoma"

But that presupposes that there is a scenario where they could actually beat them. I doubt that could be the case.

All Hurts needs to do is lead OU to 5 unanswered TDs and we’ve got a game.

I hope LSU hangs another 49 on them.

I doubt they can recover 5 consecutive inside kicks.

• Like 1

I guess you "chokelahoma" peeps are just like most of the public in the "what have you done lately" mentality. If you are aware of their national championship teams, you'd know they're far from chokers.

Next from OLV Productions, it's Fordgalaxy's deep dive into one platoon football with special guest Bud Wilkinson.

• Like 1

I guess you "chokelahoma" peeps are just like most of the public in the "what have you done lately" mentality. If you are aware of their national championship teams, you'd know they're far from chokers.

Okla last won a NC in the year 2000. Since that time, that team has been given opportunity after opportunity to play for a NC, many many times, yet come up short (and most often in a big way), every single time.

Therefore, the pejorative label of "Chokelahoma" in this century is not inappropriate from an objective point of view. The current fiasco that is yet to grind to its painful end is but further confirmation.

Sucks for you as an Okla fan, but that is the objective truth.

The only remaining question is whether you are intellectually honest enough to admit that.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Regarding Clemson v Ohio State: I am unimpressed by either team. LSU is probably going to stomp whoever wins this game.

That said, Clemson is going to win this game.

Clemson had a hard time adjusting early on to the fact that its opponent was not a creampuff victim as usual, but has now adjusted and is going to beat Ohio State in the end, perhaps by a lot. Ohio State had a chance to put Clemson deep in the hole early on, but completely blew that chance, being unimpressive and all.

Define “lately.” Their record this century isn’t too good in bowl games. Their record in basketball is even worse over a longer period. Ask Danny Manning.

Define “lately.” Their record this century isn’t too good in bowl games. Their record in basketball is even worse over a longer period. Ask Danny Manning.

You are addressing your question to a poster who once chastised me for talking about the last 20 years of college football. He accused me of being arbitrarily cherry picking in my choice of dates.

Regarding Clemson v Ohio State: I am unimpressed by either team. LSU is probably going to stomp whoever wins this game.

Clemson had a hard time adjusting early on to the fact that its opponent was not a creampuff victim as usual, but has now adjusted and is going to beat Ohio State in the end, perhaps by a lot. Ohio State had a chance to put Clemson deep in the hole early on, but completely blew that chance, being unimpressive and all.

Clemson has to feel good about where they are, having held OSU to only one touchdown.

Clemson has to feel good about where they are, having held OSU to only one touchdown.

yep.

Ohio State has given it their best shot and come up short. Look for Clemson to dominate this game more and more the longer it goes on.

You are addressing your question to a poster who once chastised me for talking about the last 20 years of college football. He accused me of being arbitrarily cherry picking in my choice of dates.

And if OU’s recent record were better than the historical one that’s what would be accentuated.

And if OU’s recent record were better than the historical one that’s what would be accentuated.

You may have a future in creating propaganda about the minimum wage.

Laughedatbytime, says: "You may have a future in creating propaganda about the minimum wage".

Talk about propaganda. He, and we've known, who the person is, looks like he has seemed to talk a lot of propaganda, other, than from his mouth.

Edited by Derek19

Good game!

Yes, it was.

I actually wanted Ohio State to win, though I did not think that was going to happen.

Now I just hope that LSU stomps the shit out of Clemson.

Yeah, although LSU-Clemson is not what I would have guessed at the beginning of this year. I did think Ohio State was going to win, although I didn't want them to due to them beating Penn State.

Laughedatbytime, says: "You may have a future in creating propaganda about the minimum wage".

Talk about propaganda. He, and we've known, who the person is, looks like he has seemed to talk a lot of propaganda, other, than from his mouth.

Well said.

• Like 1