2019-20 College Football Thread

pjbear05

Some big upsets today, including Utah losing big to Texas and Auburn going down to the Mighty Gophers of Minnesota! Alabama hangs on against Michigan.

Some big upsets today, including Utah losing big to Texas and Auburn going down to the Mighty Gophers of Minnesota! Alabama hangs on against Michigan.

Screw Trump, impeach Harbaugh!

Texas scalping the Utes was fugly!

Outstanding win by Minnesota, my namesake PJ just keeps rowin' that boat!

• Like 2

Big shout out to the Gophers!

Harbaugh bye-bye?

Big shout out to the Gophers!

Harbaugh bye-bye?

If 2020 doesn't bring a Big 10 Championship and a win over Ohio State, Harbaugh is toast. Jim has worn out his welcome. Boosters and alumni are strong and diverse, and will demand a reckoning.

Badgers playing great against the Ducks!

Go Bucky! ������

Ducks get the win!!!

More west coast dominance. Lol

Dominance, my ass. You eat as many turnovers and pens as the Badgers did today, you're going down. Wisconsin dominated offensive plays, yards, and time of possession, and still lost due to screw ups.

Go Bucky! ������

Ducks get the win!!!

Dominance, my ass. You eat as many turnovers and pens as the Badgers did today, you're going down. Wisconsin dominated offensive plays, yards, and time of possession, and still lost due to screw ups.

I think Goose was making a joke about how weak the Pac 12 has been in recent years.

But, hey, the Pac 12 has actually finished this bowl season with a winning record, 4-3.

Of the other Power 5 conferences, Big 12 finishes in the cellar with 1-5 record.

ACC is 4-5 with two games left. I predict it will end at 4-7. (Boston College will lose to Cincinnati, Clemson will lose to LSU)

Big 10 is 4-4 with one game left. I predict it will end at 4-5. (Sorry, LABT, but I think Indiana is going to lose to Tennessee. Tennessee got off to an awful start this year, but turned things around later, winning its last 5 games and 6 of the last 7, only loss in the last 7 games being to Bama. That said, I will not be disappointed if Indiana wins, got to give some love to long suffering programs like Indiana ;) )

SEC is 6-2 with two games left. I predict it will end at 8-2

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Go Bucky! ������

Ducks get the win!!!

I think Goose was making a joke about how weak the Pac 12 has been in recent years.

But, hey, the Pac 12 has actually finished this bowl season with a winning record, 4-3.

Of the other Power 5 conferences, Big 12 finishes in the cellar with 1-5 record.

ACC is 4-5 with two games left. I predict it will end at 4-7. (Boston College will lose to Cincinnati, Clemson will lose to LSU)

Big 10 is 4-4 with one game left. I predict it will end at 4-5. (Sorry, LABT, but I think Indiana is going to lose to Tennessee. Tennessee got off to an awful start this year, but turned things around later, winning its last 5 games and 6 of the last 7, only loss in the last 7 games being to Bama.)

SEC is 6-2 with two games left. I predict it will end at 8-2

It should be a good game, looking forward to it. As a longtime IU fan I suspect they'll lose.

Go Bucky! ������

Ducks get the win!!!

Yes, and yes!

A return to greatness?

:P

Great fun, anyway.

Go Bucky! ������

Ducks get the win!!!

Yes, and yes!

A return to greatness?

Great fun, anyway.

After yesterday's games, the Pac 12 is the only Power 5 conference other than the SEC to finish with a winning bowl record this year. ACC is going to finish 5-6 at best, probably 4-7.

Don't let it go to your head ;)

• Like 1

f**k you Rocky Top.

Good luck trying to compete next year with that shit team.

I feel your pain.

The Indiana fans looked heart broken.

Yet 99.9% of them knew it was inevitable.

Go Bucky! ������

Ducks get the win!!!

Yes, and yes!

A return to greatness?

Great fun, anyway.

After yesterday's games, the Pac 12 is the only Power 5 conference other than the SEC to finish with a winning bowl record this year. ACC is going to finish 5-6 at best, probably 4-7.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/983921-50-best-college-football-bowl-programs-in-history#slide50

The 50 Best College Football Bowl Programs in History

No. 1: USC Trojans

Go Bucky! ������

Ducks get the win!!!

Yes, and yes!

A return to greatness?

Great fun, anyway.

https://bleacherrepo...history#slide50

I think this article gave Kim Jong Il his heart attack, though it took two days for it to get through the NK firewall.

• Like 1

Can you blame the Indiana fans for looking heartbroken? What a way to lose the game. They looked in control, then a couple big penalties, then that on-side kick, then not being able to score when so close! What a kick in the teeth.
  • Like 1

Go Bucky! ������

Ducks get the win!!!

Yes, and yes!

A return to greatness?

Great fun, anyway.

"Record: 32-16 (66 percent)

The "V" must stand for victory in January, because the Trojans are the best in the game.

The Trojans have appeared in 33 Rose Bowls, which is flat-out ridiculous (36 prime-time bowls: Rose, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta).

USC also has the best winning percentage of any program in the country that has appeared in at least 30 bowls.

The Trojans have had a prestigious history of winning prime-time games, whether it has been under John Robinson, John McKay or Pete Carroll. Make no mistake about it—they are the best in the sport at playing in the national spotlight."

•  

:LOL:

Since that article was written in 2011, the Trojans have appeared mostly in weenie bowls, and have had an overall losing bowl record of 3-4.

As for the Rose Bowl: For most of its history, the Rose Bowl was reserved for the champion of the Pac to play the champion of the Big 10 in an incestuous relationship, no matter how bad the respective "champions" might have been.

USC's appearance in so many Rose Bowls merely highlights the historical lack of competition they have had in the Pac, and illustrates why the Pac was often called the "Pac-1" with justification. So there ;)

Edit: hell, the more one looks at USC's bowl game history, the sillier the claims in the article appear. For example, throw out the ancient days when football really wasn't even the same sport it is today, and USC's bowl record looks far less impressive than the article makes it appear. USC's greatest bowl winning streak, by far, was its first 9 bowl games, all victories, and all before the end of WWII . GTFO with that meaningless ancient crap ;)

• Like 1

Future CFP National Championship Games:

2021- Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL

2022- Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN

2023- Hollywood Park Stadium, Inglewood, CA (under construction)

2024- NRG Stadium, Houston TX

Edited by pjbear05

Can you blame the Indiana fans for looking heartbroken? What a way to lose the game. They looked in control, then a couple big penalties, then that on-side kick, then not being able to score when so close! What a kick in the teeth.

No, I do understand.

I am, after all, a fan of the South Carolina Gamecocks, a program with its own long sad history of disappointment and misery.

Fortunately for me, I am not an Indiana fan, and so can appreciate what a good exciting game it really was instead of being depressed about it.

PS -- I have seldom seen such a wonderfully called and executed onside kick as Tenn pulled on Indiana. I wasn't expecting that, neither was Indiana. The timing of it, and the execution of it, was just about perfect.

Go Bucky! ������

Ducks get the win!!!

Yes, and yes!

A return to greatness?

Great fun, anyway.

"Record: 32-16 (66 percent)

The "V" must stand for victory in January, because the Trojans are the best in the game.

The Trojans have appeared in 33 Rose Bowls, which is flat-out ridiculous (36 prime-time bowls: Rose, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta).

USC also has the best winning percentage of any program in the country that has appeared in at least 30 bowls.

The Trojans have had a prestigious history of winning prime-time games, whether it has been under John Robinson, John McKay or Pete Carroll. Make no mistake about it—they are the best in the sport at playing in the national spotlight."

•  

Since that article was written in 2011, the Trojans have appeared mostly in weenie bowls, and have had an overall losing bowl record of 3-4.

As for the Rose Bowl: For most of its history, the Rose Bowl was reserved for the champion of the Pac to play the champion of the Big 10 in an incestuous relationship, no matter how bad the respective "champions" might have been.

USC's appearance in so many Rose Bowls merely highlights the historical lack of competition they have had in the Pac, and illustrates why the Pac was often called the "Pac-1" with justification. So there ;)

Edit: hell, the more one looks at USC's bowl game history, the sillier the claims in the article appear. For example, throw out the ancient days when football really wasn't even the same sport it is today, and USC's bowl record looks far less impressive than the article makes it appear. USC's greatest bowl winning streak, by far, was its first 9 bowl games, all victories, and all before the end of WWII . GTFO with that meaningless ancient crap ;)

Yeah, time has passed the PAC by, as well as the entire conference system. A strange confluence of both a dilution and concentration of talent is a big contributor.