Saints got robbed! No they didn't!

HemiBeers

Many times football is really basic,

Football is always basic.

You have the lead with a minute left.

You let the opponent go down the field and tie the game.

You get the ball first in OT, but you give it away.

You let the opponent go down the field and score.

You LOSE.

Sunday's loss was the Saints' fault. All the "should have's" and "would have's" that people are spewing are irrelevant.

Had the ref not blown the call, it almost surely would have never gotten to overtime.

Thanks for proving my point. :LOL:

I don't see how that proves your point, unless your point is that the only thing that matters is what actually does occur, which may be ultimately true but also means that everyone deserves what happens to them.

The only point I've been making is that the bad call by the official did not lose the game for the Saints. That's it.

Correct. The call did not lose the game. The no-call did result in the game going into overtime, where the Saints won the coin toss and got the football, as I recall. The Rams defense stepped up and won the game with pressure and an interception. The Saints choked in overtime, and that's the real story.

The call directly resulted in keeping the Saints from winning the game, provided they were able to execute a simple rundown of the clock to within five seconds of zero (virtually a 100% chance of occurring) and kicking a FG simpler than an extra point (98+% chance conservatively of occurring in perfect conditions). Everything else after a clearly blown call would not have even occurred if the refs had done their job.

You LOSE.

Sunday's loss was the Saints' fault. All the "should have's" and "would have's" that people are spewing are irrelevant.

Had the ref not blown the call, it almost surely would have never gotten to overtime.

I don't see how that proves your point, unless your point is that the only thing that matters is what actually does occur, which may be ultimately true but also means that everyone deserves what happens to them.

The only point I've been making is that the bad call by the official did not lose the game for the Saints. That's it.

Correct. The call did not lose the game. The no-call did result in the game going into overtime, where the Saints won the coin toss and got the football, as I recall. The Rams defense stepped up and won the game with pressure and an interception. The Saints choked in overtime, and that's the real story.

The call directly resulted in keeping the Saints from winning the game, provided they were able to execute a simple rundown of the clock to within five seconds of zero (virtually a 100% chance of occurring) and kicking a FG simpler than an extra point (98+% chance conservatively of occurring in perfect conditions). Everything else after a clearly blown call would not have even occurred if the refs had done their job.

But it did occur. And the Saints did not execute well enough to win.

You LOSE.

But it did occur. And the Saints did not execute well enough to win.

No one's disputing that the call did occur.

And they executed a more difficult field goal than the one that would have been the last play had an indefensible call not cost them the game.

Where is Pat? I want his take!

It's become too political for me.

I understand Pat.

Thank you for feeling my pain now with the fuckking TUCK RULE.

Life isn't fair but it is.

"House Of Pain"

Love

VAN HALEN

FUKK THE NFL

Aye!

The Rams defensive back involved in the no call situation got fined $27,xxx for a helmet to helmet hit. I think he could successfully sue to get that rescinded since it didn't happen. There was no call so the NFL shouldn't be able to review the play or if they do, why not act on the other obvious missed call? Why do they get to have it both ways? F cuking Goodell. Edited by Fordgalaxy

The Rams defensive back involved in the no call situation got fined $27,xxx for a helmet to helmet hit. I think he could successfully sue to get that rescinded since it didn't happen. There was no call so the NFL shouldn't be able to review the play or if they do, why not act on the other obvious missed call? Why do they get to have it both ways? F cuking Goodell.

That's fairly common though.

As a kid I was a Los Angeles Rams fan, Vince Ferragamo 15 jersey and all. Super Bowel 19 was heartbreaking. One might think I’m rooting for the recently returned Rams...NO. I do not recognize the Rams as the NFC champs.

Unfortunately I committed to attending a Super Bowl soirée. I will be there begrudgingly, wearing a pink vagina hat made of yarn.

As a kid I was a Los Angeles Rams fan, Vince Ferragamo 15 jersey and all. Super Bowel 19 was heartbreaking. One might think I’m rooting for the recently returned Rams...NO. I do not recognize the Rams as the NFC champs.

Unfortunately I committed to attending a Super Bowl soirée. I will be there begrudgingly, wearing a pink vagina hat made of yarn.

You're going dressed as a Dolphins fan?
  • Like 1

The Rams defensive back involved in the no call situation got fined $27,xxx for a helmet to helmet hit. I think he could successfully sue to get that rescinded since it didn't happen. There was no call so the NFL shouldn't be able to review the play or if they do, why not act on the other obvious missed call? Why do they get to have it both ways? F cuking Goodell.

Why does a helmet to helmet hit also have to be pass interference? There's no suggestion the play didn't happen. The call was that it wasn't PI.

If you open the door to having replay review flags, be prepared for every game to last 11 hours.

Why does a helmet to helmet hit also have to be pass interference? There's no suggestion the play didn't happen. The call was that it wasn't PI.

If you open the door to having replay review flags, be prepared for every game to last 11 hours.

I'm definitely against reviewing PI calls, but the limit of 2 reviews would still apply, so the effect would be measured in minutes.