Post unpopular music opinions

Entre_Perpetuo

I remember once getting annoyed when Mick referred to early Beatles as boy band music.

But honestly? There have been boybands derided for having songs actually better than a lot of The Beatles early stuff. And there was great rock before during and after The Beatles...I feel like early Beatles blends with other music of the era.

• Like 1

Actually, bands sell out when they sign a recording deal. They should keep playing bars. Or even better, playing in their basements for their buddies.

Those are the shows, man.

The ones where nobody's there.

THOSE ARE THE f***in SHOWS!

• Like 2

"selling out" doesn't mean "achieved fame and monetary success." selling out is making music with the sole intent of achieving fame and monetary success, and making music you don't want to make, making music the record company suggested you make.

Like The Beatles when they first started.

[

yowza.

lol

Mick

but you see it doesn't count here.....the lads hated it.

Did i get olld fan logic right.

lol

Mick

I just find it fun to try and rile up anyone who thinks if you don't find every second of everything the Beatles recorded as the greatest thing ever than you know nothing about music.

people can talk about pre-help beatles however they want. it's the stuff after that that's untouchable

that being said, when they were playing shitholes in hamburg they probably sounded heavier than anything out there

• Like 1

I remember once getting annoyed when Mick referred to early Beatles as boy band music.

But honestly? There have been boybands derided for having songs actually better than a lot of The Beatles early stuff. And there was great rock before during and after The Beatles...I feel like early Beatles blends with other music of the era.

i still kinda call it that. Great music but they attracted pre-pubescent and teenage girls.......60's boyband, lol

and wrote cute scmaltzy tunes......they were damn good. but it's what they were.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

The Beatles did sell out in the beginning. They changed their entire image. But calling them a boy band is as far from the truth as you can get.

Green Day had a better run of early albums.

• Like 1

The Beatles did sell out in the beginning. They changed their entire image. But calling them a boy band is as far from the truth as you can get.

OK. The Green Day dig of the day.

i don't agree. but i laughed.

Hard Day's Night s better than any Green Day.

ditto Help.

Mick

ditto Help.

Mick

I was referring to the run before that.

ditto Help.

Mick

oh to me early is like Please Please me to Help.

but the dividing line is always up for debate, lol

Mick

ditto Help.

Mick

Mick

I love Help!

Let's put it this way. I would take the entire Green Day discography over Sgt. Pepper.

• Like 1

ditto Help.

Mick

Mick

I love Help!

Let's put it this way. I would take the entire Green Day discography over Sgt. Pepper.

Yikes.

Jim Morrison was an overweight, immature substance abuser that squeezed out a few decent songs and was very lucky to have Robby Krieger, John Densmore and Ray Manzarek to write for him or co write with him. :outtahere: :outtahere: I know many will disagree! :o Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Jim Morrison was an overweight, immature substance abuser that squeezed out a few decent songs and was very lucky to have Robby Krieger, John Densmore and Ray Manzarek to write for him or co write with him. :outtahere: :outtahere: I know many will disagree! :o

I love the band and wished that were totally true but...their two albums without him suck

Jim Morrison was an overweight, immature substance abuser that squeezed out a few decent songs and was very lucky to have Robby Krieger, John Densmore and Ray Manzarek to write for him or co write with him. :outtahere: :outtahere: I know many will disagree! :o

I love the band and wished that were totally true but...their two albums without him suck

I'm willing to give him a few props but I can't get with the total hero worship of some fans. But yeah, they had trouble focusing without him.

Morrison was a great poet, a great melody writer, and a legendary frontman. The band fizzled without him, despite their own incredible talent, they needed his creative spark.

That said, overweight, immature, and substance abuser all seem like fair criticisms to me. Well, idk for sure about overweight, lol

• Like 1

I'm willing to give him a few props but I can't get with the total hero worship of some fans. But yeah, they had trouble focusing without him.

I don't idolize the man. He was nothing special. His music with the band was.

But that's why I revere the art not the artist. I admire creativity even if the person is despicable.

• Like 1

Morrison was a great poet, a great melody writer, and a legendary frontman. The band fizzled without him, despite their own incredible talent, they needed his creative spark.

That said, overweight, immature, and substance abuser all seem like fair criticisms to me. Well, idk for sure about overweight, lol

That one puzzles me haha he was always skinny

• Like 1

Maybe towards the end he got fat. To die at 27 from heart failure means he probably wasn't taking care of himself.

Maybe towards the end he got fat. To die at 27 from heart failure means he probably wasn't taking care of himself.

From what I heard the coroner never gave a cause of death. Something about French law at the time that allowed them to just pronounce him dead and move on.

• Like 1

From what I heard the coroner never gave a cause of death. Something about French law at the time that allowed them to just pronounce him dead and move on.

Yeah, there were a lot of different theories; this article has most of them. It didn't help that the only person with him, his girlfriend Pam, died less than 3 years later.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/jim-morrison-death