Permanently changing

Red3angel

ATWAS plus the Holy Quartet of 2112, Hemi, PW, MP are hard to crack (substitute Signals on a given day). CA is top 10 because after top 7 it's a kind of a toss up.

Late period Rush is a definite era on its own. I love it. Snakes will always have a place for me not just because of the songs (though the songs were great and the tour was great), but it was something I held onto during times of my physical illnesses. How many albums from anybody can inspire one to deal with the cards they were dealt in life and want to strive forward?
  • Like 1

Edited down to comparable lengths is the only way to rank the last 3 among my top 5.

Signals

Waves

Hemispheres

MP

Windows

Easily my top 5. I didnt always feel that way about Hemis due to the title track, but its such a monumental track that its hard not to rank it amongst the best work they ever did.

Cut 4 songs from the last three and you have 3 separate latter day masterpieces.

• Like 1

Every FBN track on Atwas is better than it was on FBN.

Especially Anthem and In The End.

I honestly prefer In The End studio.

• Like 1

Edited down to comparable lengths is the only way to rank the last 3 among my top 5.

Signals

Waves

Hemispheres

MP

Windows

Easily my top 5. I didnt always feel that way about Hemis due to the title track, but its such a monumental track that its hard not to rank it amongst the best work they ever did.

Cut 4 songs from the last three and you have 3 separate latter day masterpieces.

I finally clicked with the title track. Played it about a dozen times this past week. Not counting several listens to YYNOT's cover as well.

I finally learned to appreciate Signals. In fact I could imagine loving it in time. I used to HATE Digital Man but I found it a real bop the last time I played it. And Chemistry and New World Man too.

And I never realised how perfectly written Analog Kid is, and it never dawned on me what a magnificent song Subdivisions is, with its terrific, very in rock n roll message. And as always I loved Losing It and Countdown. I think it could become a real favourite easily. The entire run from Fly By Night through to Roll The Bones is nearly 100% terrific to my ears.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

VT is top 5 with me, in all it's misshapen glory.

Debut would be up there too, along with PeW (love that acronym), MP and...Fly by Night? :huh:

AtWaS displaces FBN if live albums allowed. Pretty much a perfect album to my ears (and eyes).

maxresdefault.jpg

I have an original pressing of that album :heart:

Nice! Same here.

It was so cool to listen while looking at the pics...and staring at all those drums and cymbals and cowbells etc :LOL:

http://andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/drums/images/imgF.jpg

Love that Doug Henning look!

tumblr_nd1ykopmir1qb9skuo1_400-e1495838254251.jpg?w=1400

"Spirits of Illusion, descend!"

If I bought mine in 77', does that count?...

I bought mine in '76 :P

Now that I think about it I am pretty sure I bought mine in 75'...

1975 ?? .. You're probably thinking of Kiss Alive

:LOL:

• Like 2

VT is top 5 with me, in all it's misshapen glory.

Debut would be up there too, along with PeW (love that acronym), MP and...Fly by Night? :huh:

AtWaS displaces FBN if live albums allowed. Pretty much a perfect album to my ears (and eyes).

maxresdefault.jpg

I have an original pressing of that album :heart:

Nice! Same here.

It was so cool to listen while looking at the pics...and staring at all those drums and cymbals and cowbells etc :LOL:

http://andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/drums/images/imgF.jpg

Love that Doug Henning look!

tumblr_nd1ykopmir1qb9skuo1_400-e1495838254251.jpg?w=1400

"Spirits of Illusion, descend!"

If I bought mine in 77', does that count?...

I bought mine in '76 :P

Now that I think about it I am pretty sure I bought mine in 75'...

1975 ?? .. You're probably thinking of Kiss Alive

:LOL:

Lol. Probably so...
  • Like 1