What are you binge watching lately?

goose

We watch a lot of midsomer murders, and when my girlfriend has gone to bed i have been watching two and a half men.  We don't watch any up to date shows, usually end up watching them when they have been on a few years.  I think the most modern show we watch is Chucky.

On 11/19/2023 at 8:06 AM, metallithrax said:

We watch a lot of midsomer murders, and when my girlfriend has gone to bed i have been watching two and a half men.  We don't watch any up to date shows, usually end up watching them when they have been on a few years.  I think the most modern show we watch is Chucky.

My wife and I love both of those shows too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, treeduck said:

I used to watch that way back in the early 80s.

The good old days. I thought I watched every comedy out of Britain from that era, but the Isles always surprise me.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, treeduck said:

Did you ever see Rentaghost?

Yes, I did. But I just remembered there is one huge series that's on my bucket list, 'Only Fools and Horses'. Sadly, youtube doesn't seem to have full episodes. 

13 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yes, I did. But I just remembered there is one huge series that's on my bucket list, 'Only Fools and Horses'. Sadly, youtube doesn't seem to have full episodes. 

That's one you need to see for sure. It's probably a top 3 or top 5 sitcom of all time. It's up with Rising Damp, Porridge, Dad's Army, Fawlty Towers as the best of the best.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Did you ever see Only When I Laugh? That's another one that belongs in that group.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

Well it's more of a mystery detective comedy show.

Yes, but I'm strictly a British comedy man, with a laugh-track. So much so that I couldn't even give 'Jeeves and Wooster' a fair chance. 

4 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yes, but I'm strictly a British comedy man, with a laugh-track. So much so that I couldn't even give 'Jeeves and Wooster' a fair chance. 

Talking of which I watched the film version of Are You Being Served and it was very flat without the studio audience. If you watch the show itself you'll notice that after a joke and the audience laughter and reaction, the actors wait and sometimes respond to the audience. It definitely becomes part of the performance. Without that the film was like a no-atmosphere rehearsal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, treeduck said:

Talking of which I watched the film version of Are You Being Served and it was very flat without the studio audience. If you watch the show itself you'll notice that after a joke and the audience laughter and reaction, the actors wait and sometimes respond to the audience. It definitely becomes part of the performance. Without that the film was like a no-atmosphere rehearsal.

It was the same with me when I went to see the 1980 Get Smart movie. 

• Like 1

Dashcam Lessons and other related pages on Facebook showing the dumb s**t people do while driving, usually leading to accidents; aka "the most dangerous part of a motor vehicle is the nut attached to the steering wheel."  I've noticed four recurring trends:

1. United States:  Generalized mayhem;  lots of red light and stop signs ignored.  Blatant disregard of yielding to emergency vehicles. "lane change privileges".  A motor scooter pilot's revenge of smashing the "offending vehicle's" outside rearview mirror.  Special "truckers only" pages with the problems big rig operators face.  And of course the verbal comments during and afterwards.
  2. Canada:  Most of these involve road hog and privleged lane changers on multi-lane highways; most of these do not involve excessive speed, and do involve fewer obscenities.
  3. Asia, particularly India:  Blatant disregard for vehicle height and weight capacities.  Lots of smashed bridges and viaducts; trucks going off road, collapsing, or overturning due to gross overloading.
  4. Europe, particularly Russia:  Blatant disregard for vehicle maintenance.  Yeah, like you think about your vehicle pinwheeling and swapping ends while winter driving because your tires are as bald as Yul Brynner.  This leads to the use of what appears to be a Russian favorite expression; cyka bloyat, literally,"bitch slut", figuratively, "s**t", "f**k", godd***it", etc.

Be careful behind the wheel, and stay safe!