A E R O S M I T H

rickyrob

I really like the new song...

...it sounds fresh, but yet has that "classic Aero-vibe" to it.

They looked and sounded great playing it on American Idol last night.

They actually looked like they were enjoying themselves as well.

This is really making me optimistic about the upcoming album.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tick @ May 24 2012, 01:54 PM)
Its got to be hard to play any new riff that isn't stealing from something.
Headlong Flight steals from Bastille Day. Being that its there own song, I'm sure Rush knows they did it.

Headlong Flight seems to have "borrowed" quite alot from the Foo Fighter's "Bridge Burning" as well, which is not a bad thing.

Aerosmith rip -1973 -1980

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 24 2012, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 24 2012, 07:11 PM)
Aerosmith  rip -1973 -1980

laugh.gif

I was waiting for your pithy response....

BINGO!

You delivered.

1022.gif

rofl3.gif

I never could understand the appeal for these guys. Joe Perry is a mediocre sloppy player that while talented, does not impress me past the local guitar player in the hometown bar. Brad Whitford is a serious guitarist who can really play. I saw these guys 20 years ago and Whitford stole the show.

As for their contribution to the RnR canon...meh...just not for me.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ May 24 2012, 03:25 PM)
I never could understand the appeal for these guys. Joe Perry is a mediocre sloppy player that while talented, does not impress me past the local guitar player in the hometown bar. Brad Whitford is a serious guitarist who can really play. I saw these guys 20 years ago and Whitford stole the show.

The albums they made in the 70's are great! If you have never listened to "Rocks" or "Get Your Wings", you should. Classic rock and roll!!!

Edited by Tick

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 24 2012, 07:29 PM)
Brad Whitford plays rhythm guitars (along with his son) on MOST of the new Joe Bonamassa album, for Aero fans who don't already know.

Wow. I did not know that. Brad is the man. That live version of Lord of The Thighs where Tyler goes, "Mistuh Whitford!!"....goosebumps all over every time.

Another reason for me to start getting into Mr. Bonamassa. Still haven't graduated from the Classic Rock free cd, which was excellent.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ May 24 2012, 02:25 PM)
Joe Perry is a mediocre sloppy player

Joe Perry is a Hack . You are too kind

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 24 2012, 07:46 PM)

But he does a wonderful line of table sauces & condiments.

so that's OK then. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 24 2012, 02:53 PM)

laugh.gif

I have tried it , not bad . Zakk Wylde and Michael Anthony's are better .

In Joe's case, it's sad when your Hot Sauce is better than your Leads biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ May 24 2012, 03:09 PM)
Headlong Flight steals from Bastille Day. Being that its there own song, I'm sure Rush knows they did it.

Headlong Flight seems to have "borrowed" quite alot from the Foo Fighter's "Bridge Burning" as well, which is not a bad thing.

Holy shit, you're right. I'm listened to the oppening & my brain immediately prepared for Geddy Lee's vocals only to hear Dave Grohl. Slight disappointment & mild surprise.

Yeah they performed on Idol last night and I honestly thought it was awful. Nearly everyone who ever performs on that show sounds great, and they didn't. Joe Perry was ultra sloppy and out of tune.

It was a shame cause I do like the band.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ May 24 2012, 04:52 PM)

Holy shit, you're right. I'm listened to the oppening & my brain immediately prepared for Geddy Lee's vocals only to hear Dave Grohl. Slight disappointment & mild surprise.

I hear a slight similarity but not enough to convince me Rush borrowed quite a lot. Each song goes off into its own direction and the slight similarity ends. Musicians have been "borrowing" and "ripping off" each other through out history. No big deal.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 24 2012, 05:07 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ May 24 2012, 04:52 PM)

I hear a slight similarity but not enough to convince me Rush borrowed quite a lot. Each song goes off into its own direction and the slight similarity ends. Musicians have been "borrowing" and "ripping off" each other through out history. No big deal.

It was only a little tid bit that was similar. It brought me back to Headlong for a second

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 24 2012, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 24 2012, 02:53 PM)

laugh.gif

I have tried it , not bad . Zakk Wylde and Michael Anthony's are better .

In Joe's case, it's sad when your Hot Sauce is better than your Leads biggrin.gif

It is kind of sad when that happens. I found his sauce to be pretty good as well.

QUOTE (Tick @ May 24 2012, 02:30 PM)

The albums they made in the 70's are great! If you have never listened to "Rocks" or "Get Your Wings", you should. Classic rock and roll!!!

I've heard them. They are great albums, but to me there were better classic rock albums of the time. Still, with the accolades and legendary status they have received, Foghat and Head East would have achieved the same status had they written a syrupy ballad...this is why I can't understand their reputation.

It's not that I dislike them, I just never became a serious fan. I am, however getting tired of seeing Steven Tyler everywhere.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ May 24 2012, 05:00 PM)
The new song is not even close to being good enough to make me want to break my streak of 20 years without buying a new Aerosmith release.

I went from Permanent Vacation till Honkin' On Bobo , so you got me beat. trink39.gif

Loved 70's Aerosmith though.

Edited by nappy2112

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ May 25 2012, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ May 24 2012, 02:30 PM)

I've heard them. They are great albums, but to me there were better classic rock albums of the time. Still, with the accolades and legendary status they have received, Foghat and Head East would have achieved the same status had they written a syrupy ballad...this is why I can't understand their reputation.

It's not that I dislike them, I just never became a serious fan. I am, however getting tired of seeing Steven Tyler everywhere.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a current fan of Aerosmith.

I really dig the 70's stuff. After that... pure shit.

QUOTE (Indica @ Oct 4 2005, 09:11 PM)
"Seasons Of Wither" is a pretty cool tune.

Yeah Rocks is their best CD, IMO

Back In The Saddle, Last Child, Sick As A Dog & Nobody's Fault are all cool tunes.

I miss you, Indy! sad.gif