The 2017-2018 NHL Thread

blueschica

How bad is that Kane/Keith Gatorade commercial? :facepalm: "Real smooth". Yeah, like that cocktail you're having in Jamaica, or wherever the hell you're at. (Edit. Kane will play in the World Championships, so the tropical island will have to wait...)

It is a bit hokey but I love it...makes me laugh every time. The NBA version of this one is pretty lame too

Edited by Rhyta

Time to refill this evening's concoction: The Marchandy

-nice amount of white rum

-ginger ale

-ice if you want

-glass if you want

Yields: one mildly hungover day in the office.

Possible side effects, compulsion to lick your opponents neck :laughing guy:

:LOL: :LOL: Yes, you don't see a headline like this every day!

NHL reportedly asked Brad Marchand to stop licking people. https://sports.yahoo...-202731440.html

Could be worse. Think FC Barcelona's Luis Suarez.
  • Like 1

-ginger ale

-ice if you want

-glass if you want

NHL reportedly asked Brad Marchand to stop licking people. https://sports.yahoo...-202731440.html

Yes, actually Boston was on the receiving end of a biting incident in 2011. I seem remember Alex Burrows biting Patrice Bergeron's finger in the finals that year. There were more incidents after it with Lucic and Kesler and even Thomas. I never have liked Marchand any way, he's a jerk.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

-ginger ale

-ice if you want

-glass if you want

Yes, actually Boston was on the receiving end of a biting incident in 2011. I seem remember Alex Burrows biting Patrice Bergeron's finger in the finals that year. There were more incidents after it with Lucic and Kesler and even Thomas. I never have liked Marchand any way, he's a jerk.

I remember Lucic going after Burrows. Burrows wanted no part of Lucic.

-ginger ale

-ice if you want

-glass if you want

Not even a finger? :D

• Like 2

That Jets game was pretty swell, despite being crazily outshot. Looking forward to the next game. Good, fast-paced stuff!

And how will San Jose respond after that 7-0 loss? Vegas are freakish, and no one thought they'd get this far, but they've really pulled together as a team and have a proven playoff goaltender, so who knows?

A Jets-Knights semi would be something to see. (But as Aerosmith smartly put it: "Dream on." :D )

Bos-TB is going to be something. Too bad it's an afternoon game. It's a nice day out there with plenty things to do.

enjoy!

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 1

-ginger ale

-ice if you want

-glass if you want

Not even a finger? :D

hqdefault.jpg

NOT A FINGER!!!

:LOL:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Yesterday. What a pos. First that ass kicking imposed by the Bruins. Then that farking Jon Merrill, he gets rung up and I said "this shitt is over." Jesus K Riest !

:facepalm: Ugh! Just as I feared too much rest = too much rust. The Brewbeans topped my Lightning 6-2 :( My Bolts made it interesting for 2 of 3 even though they never had the lead. Rask was on like he is when he's on and very impressive with the onslaught of shots. Oh well no one wins it all on game one in a best of seven series, it's on to game 2. Hopefully with the series tied 1-1!

Lets GO Lightning!!!

:hockeygoon:

As much as I hate to admit it; that No Goal call on the Pens was BS! The score should be 3-2! 72 got robbed!

That was a rough game for the Pens! Things are harder without Malkin and they had a lot of turnovers. But yeah, there was white ice between the puck and the line !

As much as I hate to admit it; that No Goal call on the Pens was BS! The score should be 3-2! 72 got robbed!

That was a rough game for the Pens! Things are harder without Malkin and they had a lot of turnovers. But yeah, there was white ice between the puck and the line !

They had about five different angles on the play. None of them showed the puck behind the goal line. Just because some Penguins had their hands in the air doesn't mean it's a goal. I was watching the French-Canadian broadcast, including Mike Bossy ( didn't understand a word, but it sounded better than the NBC idiots) so I don't know what they thought about the controversy. I can guess what Olczyk said, though. :moon:

They had about five different angles on the play. None of them showed the puck behind the goal line. Just because some Penguins had their hands in the air doesn't mean it's a goal. I was watching the French-Canadian broadcast, including Mike Bossy ( didn't understand a word, but it sounded better than the NBC idiots) so I don't know what they thought about the controversy. I can guess what Olczyk said, though. :moon:

Looking at the replay I saw the puck was clearly over the line. But with that said If that had been called a goal against me Bolts I woulda been like :fury: :bang bang: :fury: :LOL:

• Like 1

Yeah, he likes his Pens! I'm hoping they can play well enough so that this game isn't a problem. Hopefully we won't lose Dumoulin and still have Malkin out Tuesday.

Looking at the replay I saw the puck was clearly over the line. But with that said If that had been called a goal against me Bolts I woulda been like :fury: :bang bang: :fury: :LOL:

Where did you see the puck over the line, when Holtby's pad was covering the area the entire time?
  • Like 2

Yeah, he likes his Pens! I'm hoping they can play well enough so that this game isn't a problem. Hopefully we won't lose Dumoulin and still have Malkin out Tuesday.

Olczyk coached the Penguins for a year, so no wonder he's pulling for Pittsburgh. I just wish we could get a color guy that wants the Hawks to win, like Dale Tallon. :wub:
  • Like 1

Where did you see the puck over the line, when Holtby's pad was covering the area the entire time?

There was one still shot just before the puck was covered by Holtby's leg. The puck appeared to be at least 99.9% over the line and it also appeared there was some white on the back side of the goal line. But that white may have been just ice spray from someone's skate. But it did look like a goal from that one replay still...

• Like 1

Ovechkin absolutely crushed Dumoulin.

Ovechkin absolutely crushed Dumoulin.

For sure! I know they don't like to call every little hit during the playoffs but I was surprised that they didn't call something on that, with two in a row from Wilson and Ovechkin.

There was one still shot just before the puck was covered by Holtby's leg. The puck appeared to be at least 99.9% over the line and it also appeared there was some white on the back side of the goal line. But that white may have been just ice spray from someone's skate. But it did look like a goal from that one replay still...

But that wasn't an overhead shot so you can't really tell. And it seemed the puck was even with the post on that still anyway.

Nice! Nice! Way for me Bolts to tie up the series with a 4-2 win in game 2! Amalie was very much alive as lots of big hits and conviction by the Lightning. The Bolts knowing what an up hill climb it would be to enter the Garden @ 0-2 played hard... So now Game 3 should prove to be an interesting exhibition of what NHL playoff hockey is all aboutz!

Let's GO Lightning!!!

:hockeygoon:

• Like 3

But that wasn't an overhead shot so you can't really tell. And it seemed the puck was even with the post on that still anyway.

Db-yF12W0AAIA5e.jpg