The 2017-18 NFL thread

laughedatbytime

LOL at all you people who are taking that game seriously.

That ending was a f***ing joke.

Rigged!

You know what's rigged? The way in which defensive backs are taught how to HIT and not how to tackle.

If Williams were consistently taught to TACKLE, he would have put himself into position to grab Diggs and put him on the ground.

Instead, he went running in to HIT Diggs, and when he saw the danger of getting flagged, he ducked down, with arms tucked in.....and ran right past Diggs.

And on top of it being not what you should do ANYWAY he does it with NO time left, where not worrying about a GAIN he only has to prevent a TD. DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB.

• Like 1

Rigged!

You know what's rigged? The way in which defensive backs are taught how to HIT and not how to tackle.

If Williams were consistently taught to TACKLE, he would have put himself into position to grab Diggs and put him on the ground.

Instead, he went running in to HIT Diggs, and when he saw the danger of getting flagged, he ducked down, with arms tucked in.....and ran right past Diggs.

A rookie, right?

Yeah a rookie.

• Like 1

Rigged!

A rookie, right?

Yep, but they're also taught to hit and not tackle in college. Pee wee leagues teach the fundamentals, but the longer you play, the higher you go in the system, they teach you how NOT to tackle. They teach you to hit the player and to separate the player from the ball.

• Like 1

Rigged!

A rookie, right?

Yep, but they're also taught to hit and not tackle in college. Pee wee leagues teach the fundamentals, but the longer you play, the higher you go in the system, they teach you how NOT to tackle. They teach you to hit the player and to separate the player from the ball.

Which is stupid for obvious reasons.

If this was Green Bay I'd be rooting for elimination the whole way unless it was against New England (my nightmare Super Bowl is Packers-Patriots), but let's see if the Vikings can make something happen this time.
  • Like 2

If this was Green Bay I'd be rooting for elimination the whole way unless it was against New England (my nightmare Super Bowl is Packers-Patriots), but let's see if the Vikings can make something happen this time.

I'm definitely in the minority over here in Packer Land.

I couldn't care less about the Vikings and what they're doing. Pretty much everyone else is outraged .... :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

If you were a fan of the Saints and took the points, you did fine. In a game that freaky why risk a blocked extra point?
  • Like 1

If you were a fan of the Saints and took the points, you did fine. In a game that freaky why risk a blocked extra point?

Because it could've only resulted in a two point swing. Once the Vikings scored with zero left on the clock, there was literally no way they could've lost.

So they could've gone for two for all it matters... no need to risk an injury though.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

Because it could've only resulted in a two point swing. Once the Vikings scored with zero left on the clock, there was literally no way they could've lost.

So they could've gone for two for all it matters... no need to risk an injury though.

I suppose. Seems strange that it would only be 2 and not 6 for the team that blocks and runs it back. Just on field goals.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

HOOOOOORRIFIC

Sean Payton deserved that.

There's only one person in football that deserved that.

Shula is not in football anymore.

Sadly, he's not. I was thinking of someone else, obviously. Someone who sells something worse for you than Nutrisystem, that's for sure.

In Philly we feel like we have nothing to lose bc we lost our first QB - to make the super bowl would be awesome; but to then lose to the patriots would suck royal donkey dick. We also know, bitterly, that even getting there is special, even if you lose, so well take whatever we can get.

• Like 2

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has a strange poll on its website. Just one question:

Did the Steelers' loss to the Jaguars make you question Ben Roethlisberger's abilities?

No mention of the Steeler defense giving up 39 points..... :eh: :huh:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

In Philly we feel like we have nothing to lose bc we lost our first QB - to make the super bowl would be awesome; but to then lose to the patriots would suck royal donkey dick. We also know, bitterly, that even getting there is special, even if you lose, so well take whatever we can get.

Amen

GO JAGS!

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has a strange poll on its website. Just one question:

Did the Steelers' loss to the Jaguars make you question Ben Roethlisberger's abilities?

Big Ben had one of the greatest passing days in his career! Over 400 years! It was an old fashioned shoot out! Great game!

FUKK THE STEELERS!

GO RAIDERS!

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a Vikings/Patriots superbowl.

Jags may be the scariest team left in the playoffs.

I really hope the Jags can step up their so called D and smash Brady into the ground.

Yet!

I see that the Jag D has been exposed.

I mean even the Whiners with Jimmy GQ destroyed that so called scary defense!!

I'm worried.

Anyone but Brady and Bellicheat.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a Vikings/Patriots superbowl.

Jags may be the scariest team left in the playoffs.

I would love to see the Vikings win at home and in doing so, just annihilate the Patriots. Brady gets sacked 6 times and throws 3 interceptions. For good measure, maybe 1 of the Viking's linebackers could run head long into Bill in the first quarter and take him out until next season.

• Like 2

Well it will be an epic battle in New England next weekend. The Jags have the defense to hassle Brady into mistakes and I think they will they're that good. I would've preferred the Patriots to play the Steelers the Jags are fierce.

• Like 1

Big Ben had one of the greatest passing days in his career! Over 400 years! It was an old fashioned shoot out! Great game!

FUKK THE STEELERS!

GO RAIDERS!

They’re not playing at this point. Like pretty much every other season over the last 40 odd years. Oh, except for when the juggernaut Buccaneers annihilated them.

FUKK THE STEELERS!

GO RAIDERS!

They’re not playing at this point. Like pretty much every other season over the last 40 odd years. Oh, except for when the juggernaut Buccaneers annihilated them.

It's called "The NFL Has No f***ing Idea What a Forward Pass Is" era.

70bvYRxb_normal.jpgAlex Flanagan

@Alex_Flanagan

#saints Rookie safety Marcus Williams feel to his knees on his way to locker room after his missed tackle cost saints the game and then inside the locker cried with his head in his hands.

5:38 PM - Jan 14, 2018

:(

Edited by goose