Liars

Lorraine

Some years ago at a party me and some others were talking with this guy, who told he just came home from Afghanistan. Soon we found out he was lying, when someone said "you've been at home the whole time, I've seen you every day".

Another one, who I've actually shared an apartment with along with another friend, was caught lying too. He was caught lying fairly often, quite pathological. When he was living with some other friend this happened: His hair had been cut really bad so his friends asked what had happened. He told the hairdresser had done it, and that he had refused to pay. One of the friends went to the bathroom and found a hair trimmer and cut hair everywhere. He refused to admit he had cut his own hair.

When you run into pathological liars it's kind of scary, because they're so clearly detached from reality.

An honorary niece of mine, to whom I'm very close, fell for a guy a few years back. He told her that he worked for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and that he was giving it up so that he could stay in the Cincinnati area, with her and their 2-year old daughter. I met this guy once, and he seemed like a really good young man.

It was all a lie. Not only did he never work for the Buccaneers, he had never even left his home in Cincinnati. He was still living with his mother. His entire life was a lie. When my niece found out, she dumped him without blinking an eye. As far as I know, he doesn't even come visit his daughter.

Morgan, my niece, is so jaded. I don't think she will ever trust another man again. :( :(

Some years ago at a party me and some others were talking with this guy, who told he just came home from Afghanistan. Soon we found out he was lying, when someone said "you've been at home the whole time, I've seen you every day".

Another one, who I've actually shared an apartment with along with another friend, was caught lying too. He was caught lying fairly often, quite pathological. When he was living with some other friend this happened: His hair had been cut really bad so his friends asked what had happened. He told the hairdresser had done it, and that he had refused to pay. One of the friends went to the bathroom and found a hair trimmer and cut hair everywhere. He refused to admit he had cut his own hair.

When you run into pathological liars it's kind of scary, because they're so clearly detached from reality.

An honorary niece of mine, to whom I'm very close, fell for a guy a few years back. He told her that he worked for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and that he was giving it up so that he could stay in the Cincinnati area, with her and their 2-year old daughter. I met this guy once, and he seemed like a really good young man.

It was all a lie. Not only did he never work for the Buccaneers, he had never even left his home in Cincinnati. He was still living with his mother. His entire life was a lie. When my niece found out, she dumped him without blinking an eye. As far as I know, he doesn't even come visit his daughter.

Morgan, my niece, is so jaded. I don't think she will ever trust another man again. :( :(

I think I can understand her. It would take the courage to be vulnerable again, and thus risk being hurt all over again. To me the risk is worth it. I hope she does find a man worth trusting because both you and I know they exist.

How one can keep lying like that is beyond me. I of course lied when I was younger to get out of trouble, but my conscious has always been strong so I felt bad about it. Besides it's very telling when I'm being insincere. My face and body language give it away quite noticeably.

I don't know if this is silly but I have this psychological litmus test I perform every day: Can I stand looking myself in the eye while in front of the mirror. I can quickly feel if I'm not aligned.

My old boss. Claimed he used to be a credit analyst for Lexus making a quarter mil a year. So you leave that for a branch manager job with a pest control company?

Turned out he had worked in a used car office.

In Ohio selling Dodges?

A co worker who I and others cannot stand is a pathological liar. How he hasn't been fired in the 3 years he's worked I'll never understand. His idea of debating is the "I know you are but what am I" method and always repeats himself when he loses arguments with me, co workers and his job coaches. He's old enough to be my dad but acts like a bratty kid. I call him "dirty grandpa" since his name happens to be Robert.

He's the reason why I drink after work.

Edited by invisible airwave

I have known many pathological liars in my life. There are different types. There are ones who just tell bullshit stories to try and impress everyone. I usually don't have any problem with those ones, they are not hurting anyone. Then you have sociopaths and those are the ones to try and avoid. I myself rarely lie. I learned quite a while ago that lies lead to feeling guilty and I can't stand feeling guilty.

Well, I certainly wasn't referring to bullshit artists, although they are annoying, or those who tell an occasional lie, usually for a good reason. I was referring to pathological liars who find lying easier than telling the truth and have the ability to stare you in the eye and swear they aren't lying when they are.

Edited by Lorraine

My old singer. Claimed he spent 7 years singing with The Guess Who and left because they weren't trying to record an album anymore.

Turns out it was more like 4 years and they kicked him out because he was a coked up asshole and they got sick of him.

Did he really tell you that?

Did he not think you were smart enough to find out the truth?

My old singer. Claimed he spent 7 years singing with The Guess Who and left because they weren't trying to record an album anymore.

Turns out it was more like 4 years and they kicked him out because he was a coked up asshole and they got sick of him.

This was in '93, long before Google and Wikipedia.

The internet kind of put a damper on some b.s. artists. Too easy to find the facts these days.

• Like 1

The internet kind of put a damper on some b.s. artists. Too easy to find the facts these days.

I disagree. The internet breeds all sorts of bs artists. Finding information doesn't necessarily mean finding facts.

• Like 1

I disagree. The internet breeds all sorts of bs artists. Finding information doesn't necessarily mean finding facts.

You have to verify EVERY STATEMENT.

http://i.imgur.com/EPatkD7.gif

Given your info + 5 minutes on Wikipedia, was your former singer/coked up ex-Guess Who a-hole vocalist Kenny Carter?

Ok ok, I lied. I spent 10 minutes (not 5) on Wikipedia finding a name that matches your dates. ;)

• Like 2

Given your info + 5 minutes on Wikipedia, was your former singer/coked up ex-Guess Who a-hole vocalist Kenny Carter?

Ok ok, I lied. I spent 10 minutes (not 5) on Wikipedia finding a name that matches your dates. ;)

They're impressed

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/hbnd_3758.jpg

• Like 2

They're impressed

They should be! I just spent 10 minutes looking for the name of a coked up a-hole I've never heard of who was in a band I never really cared about.

The best thing about The Guess Who was in American Beauty when Kevin Spacey sang along to American Woman while smoking a joint and ordered fast food.

OR

Maybe the best Guess Who thang was a provocative Heather Graham in short shorts in the Kravitz American Woman cover vid.

:P

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

They're impressed

They should be! I just spent 10 minutes looking for the name of a coked up a-hole I've never heard of who was in a band I never really cared about.

The best thing about The Guess Who was in American Beauty when Kevin Spacey sang along to American Woman while smoking a joint and ordered fast food.

OR

Maybe the best Guess Who thang was a provocative Heather Graham in short shorts in the Kravitz American Woman cover vid.

The Guess Who are sad. :(

No Sugar Tonight in YOUR coffee! :no:

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

They're impressed

OR

The Guess Who are sad. :(

No Sugar Tonight in YOUR coffee! :no:

I got ahold of their first Best of album, My Sister bought it in the early '70s, and I fell in LOVE with the band. A lot of songs most people aren't familiar with are JEMS, but nobody took the time to listen to the WHOLE ALBUM when they bought em. And the type of 'Deep Cuts' they were, they almost NEVER played on the radio in a NATIONAL way. I bought "The Ultimate Collection a few years ago, 3 CD set, and there are a LOT of songs I like that I'd never heard before....all by the original line up....

http://i.imgur.com/xZOzbvO.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/2WswPfv.jpg

I Used to read the Franklin W. Dixon "Hardy Boys" series when I was 11 and up. I actually read one Nancy Drew book also. It was ok, but I liked the Hardy boys better...

http://i.imgur.com/kiFilFN.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 2