Rate the Fleetwood Mac album Rumours  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Fleetwood Mac album Rumours

• ★☆☆☆☆
    • ★★☆☆☆
    • ★★★☆☆
    • ★★★★☆
    • ★★★★★

Is this the album that Geddy thought was crazy to spend $1,000,000 producing? Or the next FM album?

I'm not sure, but the next one (Tusk) was a double album and the one where they insisted on having the entire University of Southern California marching band play with them on some of the songs so I would guess it was that one. I think the costs added up on that one! :P

I think you are right because Rumors came out a few years earlier than the interview I am referring to. It must have been Tusk.

A million dollars well spent.

Doesn't sound like much today, but back then when you could buy a brand new car for $6,000, it was a lot of money.

They had sold a lot of albums by that point. They were wealthy. It was their art. They used it well.

Back in the day when this album came out everyone I knew had it. I probably would've rated it a five then, but I've become so burned out on the songs over the years it's hard to rate it over a four now.
  • Like 1

5. I'm not fond of Oh Daddy but I'll be objective about it. If they thought it was more worthy than Silver Spring than who am I to argue. I work just up the road from Silver Spring MD btw... the inspiration for the titlle.

Apart from Oh Daddy it's an amazing run of songs. Go Your Own Way is on my short list for favorite song, and Dreams is just incredible.

• Like 1

Not a fan .. props for its success, but it is dull as dishwater

I find dishwater very invigorating - water hot as you can stand, mountains of slippery, soapy suds, and the mystery of what dish you'll find next - even a bit of danger, because you could cut yourself on a knife and not even know it.

What was this thread about again?

• Like 2

I'm kind of neutral on this band, don't hate them, don't love them.

That's how I feel about them too.

The chick was hot though so that meant I gave them more attention than if it was just another bunch of dudes.

I loved Stevie Nicks' songs too. She's a talented woman.

i am fascinated by nicks myself. her albums/songs run from fabulous to complete and utter WTF messes. but one thing is certain either way she holds my attention, lol

Mick

But that's what I love about her. She can be a goddess one minute, and another she is the drunk girl in the corner who you just know is hot but right now looks like a crying clown.

oh me too.

i love hearing her talk cause i swear she's created her own reality, lol.

she's so nutsy coo coo, lol

Mick

One of the funniest things I ever read was Courtney Love interviewing Stevie Nicks, because Courtney made Stevie sound sane.

That other album, the one with the white cover, is sort of a companion album, I guess. It's got some cool tunes - World Turning, Rhiannon, Blue Letter.
  • Like 1

I give it 3 stars. It's just been played to death.

So it's only 3 stars because it is so popular? Seems bass ackwards to me.

you can get burn out. so i can understand that coloring one's view.

The question was what you rate it......not what society rates it.

Mick

I give it 3 stars. It's just been played to death.

So it's only 3 stars because it is so popular? Seems bass ackwards to me.

you can get burn out. so i can understand that coloring one's view.

The question was what you rate it......not what society rates it.

Mick

He gave it 3 stars due to it being played to death. If he played it to death it should be 5 stars. One should not rate albums based on their viewpoint at this point in time, but on how they viewed the album over their entire lifetime.

Example: I have played Zeppelin IV to death and haven't listened to it all the way through in years. But i give it 5 stars.

Edited by Mithrandir
  • Like 1

Does anyone know who wrote most of their music?

The band themselves lol

4 stars. oh Daddy creeps me out, lol

Classic record though.

Mick

I like Oh Daddy but that song should not have taken Silver Springs far more deserving place.

It would be like trading Tom Sawyer with Hand Over Fist.

• Like 1

Classic record though.

Mick

I like Oh Daddy but that song should not have taken Silver Springs far more deserving place.

If your talking about adding Silver Springs it's an easy 5. i just assumed we were gong by original release.

Mick

Classic record though.

Mick

If your talking about adding Silver Springs it's an easy 5. i just assumed we were gong by original release.

Mick

For me it is a five anyway. But...odd as it sounds...it would still be better with Silver Springs.

A song in my opinion greater than Landslide.

• Like 1

Classic record though.

Mick

Mick

How was this left off?

• Like 1

Classic record though.

Mick

Mick

How was this left off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnXsvj4Awa0

pure idiocy IMO.

One of the best songs Stevie ever wrote. if not THE best

the Dance version is the best.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1