Let's stick up for Neil please?

Steve Smith

OK thanks. Is he Democrat or Republican?

Republican

Perhaps you're joking?

"For a person of my sensibility, you're only left with the Democratic party," says Peart, who also calls George W. Bush "an instrument of evil." "If you're a compassionate person at all. The whole health-care thing — denying mercy to suffering people? What? This is Christian?"

http://www.rollingst...-story-20150616

Are you joking? She obviously meant that Rand was Republican.

• Like 1

Republican

Perhaps you're joking?

"For a person of my sensibility, you're only left with the Democratic party," says Peart, who also calls George W. Bush "an instrument of evil." "If you're a compassionate person at all. The whole health-care thing — denying mercy to suffering people? What? This is Christian?"

Who's on first?

Republican

Perhaps you're joking?

I did. I couldn't figure out what the heck he was talking about. :LOL:

• Like 1

It's become very popular to rag on Neil. Mostly because of things he does in his personal life rather than anything else. People don't like the fact that he's not generally welcoming to the fans. And now because it's mostly his fault that the band has stopped touring.

Hmm I guess there is a hell of a lot of stuff going on that I had no idea about

Suppose I should just go back into my time shell to 1982 and before when all was good and happy :o :o :( :( :(

If you haven't kept up on the interviews that Neil has done, or his blogs or his books that I would say yeah, very possible.

• Like 1

Neil will always be at the top of my drumming Mount Everest.

However, despite me having been a fan for 25 years, owning pretty much all their material, and travelling from Australia to USA twice to see them live...if given the chance Neil Peart wouldn't give me the time of day.

He's not obliged to. But IMO it says a lot about his character.

• Like 2

When someone begins a sentence with "For a person of my sensibility", it can, and hopefully does, generate some rolling of the eyes ..

Much of the flack Neil has taken over the past few years has been earned ..

And while I agree with him about GWB, Neil hasn't done much more for people who are suffering than Bush .. Unless there is something we don't know as far as volunteer work or philanthropy( which I doubt, considering Neil's self immersed blogs ), the people he belittles and ridicules in his books are most likely those who are suffering ..

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

He's always been a crusty old bastard, which is why I'd have utterly no problem with him being replaced. He's a chops monster with no groove. You could replace him with Phil Rudd and it would be better. I've never even seen the lyrics to Clockwork Angels. It made me realize how overrated his lyrics are.

There's also a bad side to him....

No™.

You cant copy write a word. TM means trade mark applied for, so unfortunately you have wasted your application money. Perhaps if you contact the Trade Mark register people and explain that you aren't very bright they may take pity and refund your money

Bullshit©

I am sorry guys but I do not know this story

Who is Rand Paul????

If there was some insults thrown than maybe Neil had been drinking, I don't know.

Please let me know who Rand Paul is and the circumstances then I will be able to understand what is going on

Cheers

Steve

Google is your friend™

Republican

Perhaps you're joking?

Signals get crossed.

• Like 1

He's always been a crusty old bastard, which is why I'd have utterly no problem with him being replaced. He's a chops monster with no groove. You could replace him with Phil Rudd and it would be better. I've never even seen the lyrics to Clockwork Angels. It made me realize how overrated his lyrics are.

Uhhh..there's a bad side to everyone. :drool:

Neil is just very vocal and opinionated. Who cares? I'm not a fan because of his personality or beliefs.

The only time I ever really had a true problem with Neil and his character was how the last tour, show, and retirement all went down. By all accounts, Geddy and Alex never really got an official "I'm retired" from Neil. I think he said he was in an article and Geddy was interviewed about it and caught off guard. Also, Geddy had mentioned that he would have liked to have known it was the final tour and show in LA so they could maybe go out with something special. It just seemed like Neil owed his bandmates a little better communication about stuff. This is all assuming things based on quotes from Geddy and Alex

No™.

Why? Please tell me? :eyeroll:

I don't care if he wants to drink, not play the drums, or whatever, but I do care that he has such disdain for people in general and fans specifically. The very people that allowed him to pursue his livelihood and make a lot of money doing it, are the ones he seems to talk the worst about.

Neil once said,"extroverts will never understand introverts" and based on my personal experience it's the most truthful thing he's ever said.

Neil can't become that person any more than you can teach your dog to sing Red Barchetta.

I've pointed this out on here so many times when these threads come up because i have the same personality in that respect and it's baffling to me that people just can't grasp this.

If you walk up on a bird and it flies away it's real easy to assume the bird is a dick and hates you but that opinion is of no consequence to the bird and has no basis in reality. . Silly analogy I know but you get the idea. ..hopefully :P

• Like 3

Perhaps you could put yourself forward as a better replacement. I am sure they would like to hear your playing

He wanted to retire but decided to keep giving 120% for a couple more decades until he physically couldn't do it to his own high standard any more and being called a dick every step the whole time because of his shyness. . wow! I for one hope he's having a nice retirement.
  • Like 2

No™.

I don't care if he wants to drink, not play the drums, or whatever, but I do care that he has such disdain for people in general and fans specifically. The very people that allowed him to pursue his livelihood and make a lot of money doing it, are the ones he seems to talk the worst about.

Neil once said,"extroverts will never understand introverts" and based on my personal experience it's the most truthful thing he's ever said.

Neil can't become that person any more than you can teach your dog to sing Red Barchetta.

I've pointed this out on here so many times when these threads come up because i have the same personality in that respect and it's baffling to me that people just can't grasp this.

If you walk up on a bird and it flies away it's real easy to assume the bird is a dick and hates you but that opinion is of no consequence to the bird and has no basis in reality. . Silly analogy I know but you get the idea. ..hopefully :P

How much of an introvert can a person be when they play in front of thousands of people multiple nights a year or appear in concert films and documentaries? If you want to talk about that, maybe look up Andy Partridge.
  • Like 4

No™.

How much of an introvert can a person be when they play in front of thousands of people multiple nights a year or appear in concert films and documentaries? If you want to talk about that, maybe look up Andy Partridge.

On stage is much easier because every minute is planned and he knows what to do and is too busy to even think about it. Everyone is different and triggered by different things but watch how nervous he looks at the RRHOF speech. It was so obviously scripted and he couldn't finish it fast enough

He wanted to retire but decided to keep giving 120% for a couple more decades until he physically couldn't do it to his own high standard any more and being called a dick every step the whole time because of his shyness. . wow! I for one hope he's having a nice retirement.

May I ask what cymbals you use please?

I am not a drummer but I have been told that Paiste have a warm and deep sound and depth while Ziildjian have a brighter and more ringing sound

Which do you use?

• Like 1

No™.

:goodone:

• Like 2

• Like 1

• Like 1

No™.

Thanks Goose

Perhaps this guy has had a skinfull and had a bad day, I have been there

Never judge a man until you really know him xxxx

I was the worlds biggest asshole when I first came on here. I still am!!!!!!!

I believe in giving people a chance