McCartney

Steve Smith

Well, this one left my jaw hanging open for 5:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mOgDiNN2Uc

He's singing the shit out of this. My god!

Sounds kinda like a gospel Capt Beefheart.

http://www.gloriousnoise.com/images/paul-mccartney_Screwball.jpg

I LOVE that album. Electric Arguments is full of great stuff.

I love that album, even though it is not technically a Paul solo album, being a Firemen album. But yes, good stuff on that one.

Doesn't Paul play all the instruments, and the other guy produces it?

Just found this. Fairly enlightening:

• Like 1

Well, this one left my jaw hanging open for 5:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mOgDiNN2Uc

He's singing the shit out of this. My god!

Sounds kinda like a gospel Capt Beefheart.

http://www.gloriousnoise.com/images/paul-mccartney_Screwball.jpg

I LOVE that album. Electric Arguments is full of great stuff.

I love that album, even though it is not technically a Paul solo album, being a Firemen album. But yes, good stuff on that one.

I guess technically it's not solo Paul.. but he's the driver on the project from what I can tell. Close enough for me :)

Wish he did more things like that on his official solo albums. He throws a few things out there but nothing like that.

Random thought. the production on the album Tug of War makes me feel all warm and cozy.

Mick

Thanks for sharing. :eh:

:LOL: ;)

you know me.....i will share. even if you hate what you hear :laughing guy:

Mick

That how In The End makes me feel - warm and cozy. :)

• Like 2

Random thought. the production on the album Tug of War makes me feel all warm and cozy.

Mick

Mick

Speaking of production... All his albums since Flaming Pie have a "sound"... Kinda compressed and almost ... humble? They don't sound big and over the top like Off the Ground or Press to Play. Not sure how to describe them. Its almost lo-fi but it's not... I'm probably making no sense. Can't put my finger on it.

i see what you mean. and it works better on some albums than it does on others. i really want A Memory Almost full remaster. that's the only one i can say was master way to hot.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Speaking of production... All his albums since Flaming Pie have a "sound"... Kinda compressed and almost ... humble? They don't sound big and over the top like Off the Ground or Press to Play. Not sure how to describe them. Its almost lo-fi but it's not... I'm probably making no sense. Can't put my finger on it.

i see what you mean. and it works better on some albums than it does on others. i really want A Memory Almost full remaster. that's the only one i can say was master way to hot.

Mick

Agreed. Even the vinyl sounds too hot.

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

Mick

Agreed. Even the vinyl sounds too hot.

it's a shame cause the material is great.

some of his best IMO

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

That's one that immediately comes to mind. Good songs but odd production.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

"Faul" is quite odd.

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

Mick

"Faul" is quite odd.

Earl, I love that you understand "Faul"....

Signed, Billy Shears

• Like 1

Listening to the catchy but questionably titled "Frozen Jap", and now the sweet strangeness of "Bogey Music".

"Bogey Music" sounds like 80s Holger Czukay.

And now I guess I'm going to the Darkroom...I wish that Roxy Music-esque ending went on for at least another minute.

McCartney II fills my ears with delight.

Gonna skip Tug of War for now and head into the Fireman stuff.

• Like 2

Listening to the catchy but questionably titled "Frozen Jap", and now the sweet strangeness of "Bogey Music".

And now I guess I'm going to the Darkroom...I wish that Roxy Music-esque ending went on for at least another minute.

Mcartney II is a strange animal. but man does it grow on you. When you really take into account all paul's other music. This album was a real ballsy move.

I love it though.

Mick

• Like 2

Mcartney II is a strange animal. but man does it grow on you. When you really take into account all paul's other music. This album was a real ballsy move.

I love it though.

Mick

I'd only ever heard the live "Coming Up", so it was all new to me. I sat there for 40 minutes and just listened. I was going to do the dishes, but couldn't believe what I was hearing. At least that's what I told my wife...

Wings Over America will be up after the Fireman, as per your recommendation. Thanks! :cheers:

• Like 1

I love it though.

Mick

I'd only ever heard the live "Coming Up", so it was all new to me. I sat there for 40 minutes and just listened. I was going to do the dishes, but couldn't believe what I was hearing. At least that's what I told my wife...

Wings Over America will be up after the Fireman, as per your recommendation. Thanks! :cheers:

I think you'll love the live album. people like to Bash the Wings era........but they rocked live.

Particularly the line up on WOA of Joe English, the Mccartney's, Denny Laine and Jimmy Mcculloch

Mick

• Like 3

I love it though.

Mick

I think you'll love the live album. people like to Bash the Wings era........but they rocked live.

Particularly the line up on WOA of Joe English, the Mccartney's, Denny Laine and Jimmy Mcculloch

Mick

Best Wings line up.

• Like 1

I love it though.

Mick

Mick

Best Wings line up.

It was a shame about Jimmy fabulous lead player.

Mick

• Like 1

I love it though.

Mick

Mick

Best Wings line up.

Mick

Absolutely.

• Like 1

Me in 1993 not long after seeing McCartney in Atlanta on his New World Tour (wasn't there another band who had a tour named that?) ;) wearing my shirt. Wish I still had it, I have no idea what happened to it ... Georgia Dome, waaayyyy in the back. But dammit, I was there! The only Beatle I have seen live.

20479674_685931564945342_5059858571037519727_n.jpg?oh=0495143d834a6cf8455fdc1d3a674046&oe=5A2F26EF

I not only saw that tour (Anaheim), I still have that exact same shirt and it's in great shape. I'll do a selfie with it on and post it soon.

• Like 1

I listened to Wings over America last night. what a top notch live album.

So great to hear paul in his prime belting out these songs. call me Back Again gave me the shivers, lol

Mick

:goodone:
  • Like 1

I love it though.

Mick

Mick

Best Wings line up.

Mick

His lead solo really breathes life into "Maybe I'm Amazed", for example.
  • Like 2