McCartney

Steve Smith

There aren't many solo McCartney albums where he didn't take a chance or push the envelope. The man will try anything and have the balls to release it. It could be fluffy. It could be heavy. It could be experimental. It could be ordinary. He's one of a handful of songwriters who can take chances. Like I said, his music is boundless.
  • Like 6

There aren't many solo McCartney albums where he didn't take a chance or push the envelope. The man will try anything and have the balls to release it. It could be fluffy. It could be heavy. It could be experimental. It could be ordinary. He's one of a handful of songwriters who can take chances. Like I said, his music is boundless.

Wow, that was very well put. :)
  • Like 1

ReRushed, Custom55 and Bluefox4000...

Are any of you catching any of the NYC/NJ shows in September?

I'm going to the 9/12 Prudential Center show.

I saw Paul last summer at Metlife and on 9/12, I'll be at Barclays seeing Roger Waters.

• Like 2

I saw Paul last summer at Metlife and on 9/12, I'll be at Barclays seeing Roger Waters.

I'm catching the Newark show on the 12th as well.
  • Like 2

It's hard not to think he and John are not geniuses. They both did amazing things.

They worked better as collaborators than solo artists, IMO.

Just like Waters and Gilmour. The whole is always greater than the sum of the parts,m even when those parts are amazing by themselves.

• Like 1

Saw Paul April of last year right at the beginning of the One on One tour. Saw Waters in late June near the beginning of the Us + Them tour. Both VERY good shows.

• Like 1

Well, this one left my jaw hanging open for 5:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mOgDiNN2Uc

He's singing the shit out of this. My god!

Sounds kinda like a gospel Capt Beefheart.

http://www.gloriousnoise.com/images/paul-mccartney_Screwball.jpg

I LOVE that album. Electric Arguments is full of great stuff.

• Like 2

McCartney

Ram

Band On The Run

Back To The Egg

London Town ( Here's to you Rich, RIP ). My buddy played this album all the time so I listed it in his honor.

London Town is underrated. It isn't his greatest, but it is stronger than it gets credit for being. Yea, it is a little soft around the edges, but it has good tunes, for the most part. And Denny Laine's best song is here, Deliver Your Children. And while most folks seem to hate Morse Moose and the Grey Goose, I find it interesting.

Morse Moose is fun.

I'm Carrying is gorgeous.

• Like 1

London town is the only Mccartney album i can say i genuinely don't like.

but that's ok though because Everything else....even his other weaker albums has stuff i enjoy.

very few artists can pull that off.

Mick

• Like 2

I love that album, even though it is not technically a Paul solo album, being a Firemen album. But yes, good stuff on that one.

• Like 3

McCartney

Ram

Band On The Run

Back To The Egg

London Town ( Here's to you Rich, RIP ). My buddy played this album all the time so I listed it in his honor.

London Town is underrated. It isn't his greatest, but it is stronger than it gets credit for being. Yea, it is a little soft around the edges, but it has good tunes, for the most part. And Denny Laine's best song is here, Deliver Your Children. And while most folks seem to hate Morse Moose and the Grey Goose, I find it interesting.

Morse Moose is fun.

I'm Carrying is gorgeous.

I'm Carrying is one of those songs that when you hear it you are like, "That would have been a Beatles' song had they stayed together". It holds its own with his 60s stuff.

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 1

I'm catching the Newark show on the 12th as well.

Have a grand time!

Me in 1993 not long after seeing McCartney in Atlanta on his New World Tour (wasn't there another band who had a tour named that?) ;) wearing my shirt. Wish I still had it, I have no idea what happened to it ... Georgia Dome, waaayyyy in the back. But dammit, I was there! The only Beatle I have seen live.

20479674_685931564945342_5059858571037519727_n.jpg?oh=0495143d834a6cf8455fdc1d3a674046&oe=5A2F26EF

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 3

Me in 1993 not long after seeing McCartney in Atlanta on his New World Tour (wasn't there another band who had a tour named that?) ;) wearing my shirt. Wish I still had it, I have no idea what happened to it ... Georgia Dome, waaayyyy in the back. But dammit, I was there! The only Beatle I have seen live.

20479674_685931564945342_5059858571037519727_n.jpg?oh=0495143d834a6cf8455fdc1d3a674046&oe=5A2F26EF

my grandma saw that tour. i was way young so i didn't go. i think i have a shirt too that she brought back for me.

Mick

• Like 2

my grandma saw that tour. i was way young so i didn't go. i think i have a shirt too that she brought back for me.

Mick

Your grandmother sounds like she was something else! :)

• Like 2

Mick

Your grandmother sounds like she was something else! :)

she LOVED music. and she was open to any kind. i recall playing her Metal, lol. she helped nurture that love in me. she was NUTS about Paul especially though.

Mick

• Like 4

I'll have to check my old tub of shirts (in storage!) and see if the McCartney sweatshirt I bought in 1989 at the Forum is still there!

• Like 1

I love that album, even though it is not technically a Paul solo album, being a Firemen album. But yes, good stuff on that one.

I guess technically it's not solo Paul.. but he's the driver on the project from what I can tell. Close enough for me :)

• Like 1

Random thought. the production on the album Tug of War makes me feel all warm and cozy.

Mick

Thanks for sharing. :eh:

:LOL: ;)

you know me.....i will share. even if you hate what you hear :laughing guy:

Mick

• Like 1

Random thought. the production on the album Tug of War makes me feel all warm and cozy.

Mick

Thanks for sharing. :eh:

:LOL: ;)

you know me.....i will share. even if you hate what you hear :laughing guy:

Mick

Speaking of production... All his albums since Flaming Pie have a "sound"... Kinda compressed and almost ... humble? They don't sound big and over the top like Off the Ground or Press to Play. Not sure how to describe them. Its almost lo-fi but it's not... I'm probably making no sense. Can't put my finger on it.

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 1