Genesis and Rush song knockout

Texas King

Genesis and Rush song knockout?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Genesis and Rush song knockout?

• Genesis - Supper's Ready
    • Rush - Cygnus X-1 Hemispheres

Genesis would have a very tough time beating Rush ever. They certainly can't beat anything released before the synth era.

How much old Genesis stuff have you listened to? I used to feel the same way until I really dove into foxtrot, nursery cryme, selling england....

• Like 1

For me Supper's Ready by a clear mile. Easily one of the best prog songs I ever heard. Much more interesting than Hemispheres to my ears and not repetitive at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szJq1lwnkNw

Aw c'mon guys, how did 5 of you vote this over Hemispheres?

This is pretty boring IMO. Even Genesis has way better songs than this one. *shrug*

• Like 1

Love most early Genesis and Supper's Ready is up there as one of the greats but it doesn't beat epic Rush for me.

For me Supper's Ready by a clear mile. Easily one of the best prog songs I ever heard. Much more interesting than Hemispheres to my ears and not repetitive at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szJq1lwnkNw

You are killing me man. I just went through a serious Genesis phase and saw The Musical Box a few weeks ago. On a side note did you guys know that Danny Carey from TOOL sat in with The Musical Box for three songs?? Incredible.

Anyway, as much as I adore "Supper's Ready" it's "Hemispheres" for me. "Hemispheres" will be my number one record on the Earth until I die.

It's also my go to for when I practice on my drums.

It's so damn fun to play too!!! Not just "Book II" but the entire record.

I get the bias remark but I will be buried with my "Hemispheres" picture disc and red vinyl versions. LOL

• Like 1

At first I thought you'd put Supper's Ready up against Book I, in which case I felt like I was choosing a favorite child (favorite Rush versus favorite Genesis...ooh boy). However, since you chose the inferior Book II, Supper's Ready knocks it out of the park.

Supper's Ready actually might be my second favorite song ever....maybe. It's that amazing. There are few words which I sing more readily at any given time than "Walking across the sitting room, I turn the television off..." Or "and it's...Hello babe! With your guardian eye's so blue! Hey my baby-ee! Don't you know our love is true?" Pretty much only Killer Queen is more automatic in my day to day life.

• Like 1

At first I thought you'd put Supper's Ready up against Book I, in which case I felt like I was choosing a favorite child (favorite Rush versus favorite Genesis...ooh boy). However, since you chose the inferior Book II, Supper's Ready knocks it out of the park.

Supper's Ready actually might be my second favorite song ever....maybe. It's that amazing. There are few words which I sing more readily at any given time than "Walking across the sitting room, I turn the television off..." Or "and it's...Hello babe! With your guardian eye's so blue! Hey my baby-ee! Don't you know our love is true?" Pretty much only Killer Queen is more automatic in my day to day life.

YOU'RE ALL FULL OF BALL!!!

lol

Mick

• Like 2

lol

Mick

Like it or not, like what you've got, YOU'RE UNDER THE SOIL!!!

Haha, I've been known to test myself and just start singing the whole thing, see if I can remember all the words.

• Like 2

lol

Mick

Haha, I've been known to test myself and just start singing the whole thing, see if I can remember all the words.

I love when the Willow Farm Section kicks in

If you go down to Willow Farm,

to look for butterflies, flutterbyes, gutterflies

Mick

• Like 1

lol

Mick

I love when the Willow Farm Section kicks in

If you go down to Willow Farm,

to look for butterflies, flutterbyes, gutterflies

Mick

I can't decide if I like Willow farm better on Foxtrot or on Seconds Out . . . Phil got arguably more theatrical with it than Peter, lol. Great section.

• Like 1